1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ok we need to have a serious discussion about Marty B

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Zordon, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,918 Messages
    5,325 Likes Received
    This is getting ridiculous. Lets try to leave all of the off the field stuff out of this. What exactly is it that makes him have 4 touchdowns in 4 years in Dallas and 3 touchdowns in 3 games in New York? What the hell is it?! Is it the culture? Is it Romo vs Eli? Is it the coaches? I'm starting to wonder...my mind is literally blown by this. Please help me out b/c it's depressing seeing him play like this for the enemy.
  2. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

3,179 Messages
    628 Likes Received
    Playing behind Witten and never getting targets. /thread
  3. maxdallasfan

maxdallasfan Well-Known Member

1,213 Messages
    459 Likes Received
    All he did was block. Can't blame him one bit.
  4. StarMan

StarMan Well-Known Member

1,015 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    I was wondering the same thing. There's something fundamentally wrong with this organization.:banghead:
  5. davey999

davey999 Well-Known Member

1,579 Messages
    312 Likes Received
    Pretty much it. It was a terrible pick anyways.
  6. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Active Member

2,563 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    He probably would of done pretty well if it wasn't for Witten.
  7. Numbers921

Numbers921 Benched

817 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  8. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,787 Messages
    786 Likes Received
    He's getting a chance now, he was never going to get that here while Witten is playing and healthy.
  9. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

37,718 Messages
    3,931 Likes Received
    Many here thought he could be a very good TE. He never got the opportunity here IMO. However before we anoint him I'd like to see an entire season. Don't blame the OP though.
  10. MikeT22

MikeT22 Active Member

412 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    Coaching and culture. He was used more as a blocker in Dallas but as a receiver he had tons of drops and appeared to lack focus. The lack of discipline and accountability obviously played a factor too.

I really have little hope for this franchise until Jerry is long gone. The way he undermines his coaches is just as detrimental as his many personnel blunders.
  11. WPBCowboysFan

WPBCowboysFan Well-Known Member

5,608 Messages
    1,877 Likes Received
    He had chances here to catch the ball . . . . . . . . . . . . and he dropped it.

Now he is in a different place and if he sux there he is out of football - maybe he realized it once he was let go by the Cowboys.
  12. sportsman

sportsman Active Member

760 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    This team has a history of staying to long with old veterans. That is why Bennett is gone.

That is why we are stuck with Felix Jones.
  13. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,335 Messages
    319 Likes Received
    well this was some of it. Playing behind Witten did hurt him because Witten is Romo first look of the TEs. Also his maturity level at the time. It might have taken a one year low ball deal from a team to wake him up. Also the tipped passes that lead to INTs he had when he was here hurt his chances of getting targeted.
  14. sportsman

sportsman Active Member

760 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    Bennett has a different attitude in NY. He knows Coughlin doesn't have to check with his GM and owner.
  15. Primetime42

Primetime42 Well-Known Member

2,849 Messages
    175 Likes Received
    They were drafted in the same year.
  16. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hes pretty damn good as it turns out. Looks like it was us hurting him afterall. Realization is a cruel witch.
  17. bbailey423

bbailey423 Well-Known Member

4,945 Messages
    516 Likes Received
    laughing at people pointing out his drops...considering all the drops Witten had in ONE game. Listen, for what we ASKED him to do....you did not need to spend a 2nd round pick for that. If we spent a 2nd round pick on him....that means we liked his talent...and should have been persistent in getting our ROI.

I think I read Witten missed less than 10 snaps last year. Think about that guys. In this day and age....there are probably plenty of people who will marvel at that...but how productive was it for a guy with as much mileage on his body? It's like the marvel of Cal Ripken and his games played streak....I live in the DC area...so I saw a lot of it....and trust me...there were MANY times he was on the field for the streak...not because he was productive.

Reduce the number of targets to Witten. It will get more explosive players the ball...it will keep him fresh....and it will still allow him to catch 70 balls a season.

Last point....if we drafted RG3 4 years ago...and only let him come in and run the wild cat every now and then. Then he leaves and goes to Washington...and in his first 2 games does what he has done for Washington.....what would we think?

Sorry, one more thing...if we had REAL lockeroom leaders...or a REAL authoritative head coach...all that silly stuff Bennett did off the field would have been tempered. But when the owner of the team...who we all know sets the tone for this team....is constantly shucking and jiving and grinning for the TV cameras.....how can you blame Bennett for following his lead....especially when no one in the lockeroom tells him to just shut and play
  18. Zordon

Zordon Well-Known Member

9,918 Messages
    5,325 Likes Received
    this is my point. why is he all of a sudden mature and a good locker room guy now that he goes to NY? did he have an epiphany in the off season or is is it something deeper? i'm very frustrated watching him do this in NY, i had REALLY high hopes for him here.
  19. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,929 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Who cares if he produces, guys. He's not the RKG. That's what really matters.
  20. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

......because he was crap for us and GOLD for our division rival, so............you know people are gonna care: +1 for gspots and -1 for us:bang2: