1. Like videos? Check out DirectDamage.com!

Okay Johnny Football Fans

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Hostile, Jun 7, 2014.

1. EST_1986

EST_1986 Well-Known Member

2,914 Messages
    2,289 Likes Received
    You mean Manziel is 30x worse than two guys accused of rape because he drinks lol
  2. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

27,053 Messages
    4,530 Likes Received
    Your words, not mine.

I said nothing about better or worse. Just referring to how frequently JFB is seen hitting the party circuit.

It's his life, if he wants to party hard and doesn't think it'll affect anything, that is his right...as long as his team is okay with it.
  3. Szczepanik

Szczepanik Well-Known Member

1,525 Messages
    920 Likes Received
    Everyone uses the excuse , "Oh the kid is just doing what we did at this age" or, "Just being a young man!".

That is a load of BS. Regardless of his age, he is now a professional and professional football players should not be acting like that regardless of their age. Tyron Smith is young, and we don't hear a lick out of him about his antics. Why not? Maturity is why. When you are in a position to be a role model to children, and the QB of a team you need to act like a man. Not Justin Bieber.

The frat kid antics should of stayed back at Texas A&M.

There is a fine line between partying and enjoying life, and then just looking like a straight fool. Manziel is good at doing the later.
    brymatt94 likes this.
  4. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,626 Messages
    615 Likes Received
    How about we let him live his life and stay out of his business?
  5. EST_1986

2,914 Messages
    2,289 Likes Received
    It also would have been illegal at his age when he was drafted.
  6. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

23,296 Messages
    2,202 Likes Received
    Or has it? Gronk's body has broken down at the end of each of the last three seasons. Perhaps if he didn't party so hard he would have been healthy down the stretch the last three years. I'm just kidding. The broken arm and the acl tear were just unfortunate aspects of a very brutal sport.
    BAZ likes this.
  7. Szczepanik

1,525 Messages
    920 Likes Received
    Doesn't change the fact that he is a boy playing in a grown man's game. He ends up indirectly having to be a role model for children, and acts like a fool.
  8. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,479 Messages
    424 Likes Received
    So the new face of the Brown's franchise is a 21 year old drunk. Awesome
    Szczepanik likes this.
  9. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

4,877 Messages
    1,871 Likes Received
    HE'S ALSO A MURDERER

[IMG]
    DFWJC and TheCowboy like this.
  10. EST_1986

2,914 Messages
    2,289 Likes Received
    Now this is an issue. I am outraged at these newest leaked photos. Ban this guy from the league.
  11. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

24,910 Messages
    1,955 Likes Received

I bet you absolutely hated Michael Irvin....or Tony Dorsett...or Drew Pearson...or any large number of Cowboys players through out the years.
  12. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

7,437 Messages
    704 Likes Received
    Yes, plus his Vegas trip would have been covered much longer.
  13. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

27,053 Messages
    4,530 Likes Received
    decades
  14. 1fisher

1fisher Well-Known Member

5,732 Messages
    57 Likes Received
    You've been here a while..... you should know by now that is all they do here. Hell would freeze over if it were any different.
    brymatt94 likes this.
  15. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

43,208 Messages
    2,711 Likes Received

millennia
  16. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

3,223 Messages
    1,765 Likes Received

He's not our problem, so I don't really care. Antics? What exactly has he done that's outrageous? I haven't kept up with his off the field stuff, but it just seems like the guy parties a lot and dates really hot young women. Doesn't seem like the rebellious punk stuff that Bieber does.

Is it immature? Yeah maybe. But I know/knew plenty of 21 year old that act just like Manziel... it just doesn't surprise me one bit.

If I'm out of the loop on his behavior, correct me. But overall I don't see him as the "inebriated street racing, egging houses, intentionally peeing in club/restaurant kitchens, defaming historical property, spitting on his own fans and making racist remarks on camera" person like Bieber has been the last year.

His work may, and likely will, struggle because of his ways, but that's on him.
    koolaid likes this.
  17. Szczepanik

1,525 Messages
    920 Likes Received
    Partying alot is an understatement. I am just not a fan of his because of the way he carries himself. I do realize that we have had our fair share of party players throughout the years but they have always been at skill positions.

As far as QB goes, I prefer my QB to stay out of the limelight and be a constant studier of the game. Similiar to a Russel Wilson. Maybe I used the Bieber term to hastily on him.
  18. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

3,223 Messages
    1,765 Likes Received
    You're free to not like him. We all dislike players for certain reasons. I dislike Kaepernick because I think he's the embodiment of the problem with my Millennial generation (or at least the perception)-- 26 year old that still presents himself like an adolescent.

I just don't think it's crazy to see a 21 year old kid partying that much. There are tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of kids his age that do the same thing. The difference is, those kids are pounding $.50 wells at their local college town bar because they don't have the cash and opportunities JF has.

It's just a bit unusual to see a young, party-going person make the NFL at such a young age. I mean, if you're 21 and in the NFL it's likely because you worked very hard and steered clear of distractions.

But like I said, it's on him. Like most 21 year olds, he'll either realize he needs to cut it out and get serious, or he'll flounder.
  19. koolaid

koolaid Drink Me

1,800 Messages
    91 Likes Received
    people love to judge this guy for some reason. hes just a kid growing up in privileged circumstances with way too much media coverage because of his football ability. Hes not out hurting people or dumping oil in the gulf of mexico (as far as i know). perhaps we should relax and let him enjoy a couple beers
  20. Hardline

Hardline Well-Known Member

1,707 Messages
    1,118 Likes Received
    If Johnny College was a Cowboy I would give a rats arse about it. I could care less about what Johnny College is doing.