1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Okay, You're Bill Polian of the Colts

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Hostile, Dec 17, 2011.

1. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,053 Messages
    2,972 Likes Received
    Manning is coming back and will be 100%.

What is your bottom line asking price on Andrew Luck?
  2. basstapp

basstapp Well-Known Member

1,141 Messages
    213 Likes Received
    I would take 2 (1st round picks) + 2 (second round picks) + a 3rd rounder.

If it is too high I walk away with one of the best qb prospects since manning :)
  3. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,844 Messages
    2,326 Likes Received
    if bill polian is as smart as people think he goes with luck all the way

trade or cut manning
  4. SkinsHokieFan

SkinsHokieFan Well-Known Member

2,243 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    He won't get anything more then the Eli trade. This year's 1st, this year's 3rd, next year 1st and 5th

In particular with RG3 and Barkley coming out, along with the fact that everyone will know they cannot have both Luck and Manning on the same roster. And Manning in untradeable with his bonus.

We'll see if they have the balls to cut Peyton
  5. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,053 Messages
    2,972 Likes Received
    This is close to where I am. First of all I would not trade out of the top 5. I would want three 1sts and this year's 2nd.
  6. SkinsHokieFan

2,243 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Now that we know what Indy would want, who would actually be able to do this

The Redskins, if things stay as they are today, will be pick 4, the highest of the QB depserate teams

Cleveland is at 8 and has that 2nd first round pick from ATL as well

Miami is at 7

Is Indy willing to trade down to 8th and potentially miss out on an impact player who could help Peyton immediately?
  7. super8

super8 Benched

154 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    a Ditka trade - a Hershel Trase - A Julio Jones trade

but I keep them both Luck an Manning

I mean Manning has to much to know what to with already - I talk about restructure to him - he should know his Career is over get out now while you can still move that head

so he can soak in what he can of Manning's mind
  8. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,906 Messages
    1,370 Likes Received
    It would have to be a stupid, stupid, stupid type deal from a team. I'm talking something like the Walker trade or what Ditka gave up for Williams. Something just incredibly stupid before I'd do anything other than draft Luck.
  9. SkinsHokieFan

2,243 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Why would Peyton Manning re-structure at all?

And how would you tell a 100 percent healthy Peyton "we are gonna stick you behind an 0-16 team and not use our biggest asset to improve this team"
  10. super8

super8 Benched

154 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    so he healthy ????????? ok mr Doctor

Sep 8, 2011 - Indianapolis Colts QB Peyton Manning had a third surgery to repair a herniated disc in his neck on Thursday,

One report speculates Manning could return to action in as few as 2-3 months after today's anterior cervical fusion procedure, but it is clear that patients who have undergone similar procedures require a wide range of recovery times depending on the extent of the injury, the individual's overall health, and the surgical approach itself.

In March, 2010, Manning underwent his first surgery to relieve pain in his throwing arm that was related to pressure from a bulging (herniated) disc being applied to nerves in his cervical spine

However, during the early offseason Manning's pain returned. An MRI of the neck again revealed a herniated disc, prompting a second neck surgery (also by Dr. Fessler) in May of this year. Because it was his second procedure, Manning was expected to require 6-8 weeks of rest and rehabilitation

It is clear, though, that the recovery from this second procedure did not go according to plan, prompting Thursday's reported surgery

he got a gazillons dollars already

why WOULD A GUY AS SMART AS Manning risk his overall health

I try a restcucture his deal and let Luck soaj up all he can
  11. SkinsHokieFan

2,243 Messages
    36 Likes Received

From December 3rd

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/colts/story/2011-12-14/peyton-manning-throws/51926116/1

Hos' assumption is Manning is 100% healthy. So your entire little post there is moot.

The Colts owe Manning a 28 million dollar bonus 5 days before the current league year ends, so the only option is cut him or give him the bonus.

A restructure would go like this

Polian: "Hey Peyton, we'd like you to re-do your deal so you get less money right now, and WE get to choose which team you go to instead of you making the choice. Oh by the way, we also get to take key resources from that team as compensation for you. How does that sound Peyton?"

Peyton: "Gee golly, where do I sign up for that deal? You mean instead of me having leverage, I give it all to you for no reason at all?"
  12. super8

super8 Benched

154 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Hos' assumption is Manning is 100% healthy.

that hos's assumption

no wonder your a fan of the skins :lmao:

sorry dude am not going toi agrue

I stated what I would do
  13. SkinsHokieFan

2,243 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Uh, thats the whole point of this thread.

Its a hypothetical.

From Hos' OP

Reading comprehension my friend
  14. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,815 Messages
    635 Likes Received
    I don't think they pass on Luck. Manning is cooked and extra draft picks would never get to deliver their real value until Manning was gone.

If they did choose too, I think they would want 3 (1)s plus want ever else they could get.
  15. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,808 Messages
    1,674 Likes Received
    they will need to rebuild their O line; it was put together for Mannings particular talents and no one else; as has been made clear this season. So unless Luck can play exactly like Manning that has to be done; and the D needs a lot of help as well. No way can you trade Manning due to his contract and health issues. They really are in a bind.

So I would take Luck and then use the rest of the draft to fill what holes you can; and then start manning next year while Luck watches and learns. All the while doing everything you can to fix the holes.

No way you really can let Luck go; who knows how long Manning has?
  16. CowboyMike

CowboyMike Stay Thirsty, My Friends

5,218 Messages
    142 Likes Received
    Nothing. You don't pass up the opportunity to draft a quarterback like that. You keep both guys for a year or two, then Peyton passes the torch.
  17. SkinsHokieFan

2,243 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    Again, how do you justify a) not playing the number 1 overall pick for 2 years of a 4 year contract and b) tell Peyton "well, we aren't going to use the biggest asset we have to improve this team so you get another great shot. Now go win 10 games with an 0-16 squad"

The last thing that will happen is both Manning and Luck on that roster. In fact, that is the one thing logical people can rule out
  18. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

5,001 Messages
    372 Likes Received
    If he is as good as advertised and you have a chance to string together 25 (+?) straight years of great QB play, I don't think there is a price someone can pay me, especially since there is a rookie salary cap that mitigates the risk.
  19. 67CowboysFan

67CowboysFan New Member

2,345 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think I'd go ahead and draft Luck too. Let him be the understudy for a year or so. He can hit the field ready to rock that way.
  20. SkinsHokieFan

2,243 Messages
    36 Likes Received
    So you are telling Peyton Manning, after paying him 28 million dollars, "good luck with that 0-16 team. Make sure Andrew can play in 2 years"

And is Luck going to spend half his rookie deal on the bench? The Colts then have 2 years to figure out what type of contract to offer him on his 2nd contract?