1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Okay, You're John Mara & Tom Coughlin For a Minute

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Hostile, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

3,134 Messages
    2,059 Likes Received
    If we were 0-6 and Romo had 15 ints..... . Fans would have burned Cowboys Stadium to the ground.
  2. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

38,900 Messages
    4,464 Likes Received
    Maybe so but I'd think that the accountable top of the organization primarily Reese and Coughlin don't even want to think about their record. Of course Mara could change that and order Coughlin to play for the future and give snaps to those they want a look at.
  3. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,513 Messages
    801 Likes Received
  4. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,149 Messages
    1,164 Likes Received
    Clearly this a silly question.

2 time Super Bowl champion head coach.
    2 time Super Bowl winning QB / MVP 2x

It's a hiccup in their respective tenures with the team.

So. No. No.
    khiladi and Everlastingxxx like this.
  5. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,612 Messages
    863 Likes Received
    Some of us wrote off the giants a few years back, granted, I don't see playoffs for them, but the ship will run smoother. Next year, they'll fix the OL and be back in the mix...amazing:cool:
  6. noshame

noshame Who wouldn't follow me? Zone Supporter

3,612 Messages
    863 Likes Received
    Not if we had a couple recent rings in our pocket.
    Doomsay likes this.
  7. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

6,483 Messages
    2,070 Likes Received
    No and no. Coughlin may very well step down at the end of the season but I don't see him getting fired. If they go 2-14, then he might at seasons end.

Now, Reese might not be so lucky along with Gilbride.
  8. jubal

jubal Active Member

660 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    Is this the same Mara that I heard got the Boys and Skins fined for assumed violations of the no cap season? Then I say sit back and reflect on the error of past transgressions and enjoy the fruits of your labor. You are looking as if you are trying to improve your draft pick status and if it is proven then I hope you lose some picks and are fined.
    That is why I do not want a change until we get to beat their "Elite" quarterback twice this year.
  9. Shunpike

Shunpike Active Member

776 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    Not a stupid question. A very valid question. But the answer is No and No.

Coughlin and Eli has their own share of mistakes but for the sake of 2 SB runs, both should be treated with ultimate respect. I wouldn't touch Jerry Reese either. Let the season play out, change both coordinators, sign a few proven veterans and draft nicely.

Also if Dallas was 0-6 America would be shaking. Thank God our front office and ownership have low profile.
  10. SkinsFan28

SkinsFan28 Active Member

1,015 Messages
    24 Likes Received
    The one thing about Eli, is you benched your running back Wilson for his fumblitis, and he took a lot of grief. I understand that Eli has rings, but still if you don't sit him after 15 INTs in 6 game, I think you lose a lot of respect, regardless of what's been done in the past.
  11. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,971 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    No and no easily. Your not going to find a better coach and Eli is their guy.
  12. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,844 Messages
    2,328 Likes Received
    No and no for me as well
    If I am Mara I hope to hell I can draft bridgewater because Eli is just average
  13. jubal

jubal Active Member

660 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    Bad reasoning!!! We had a two time super bowl winning coach and they dumped him due to his present record. (LANDRY)
    We had a three time super bowl winning QB and they dumped him because he could no longer stay on the field because of concussions. (TROY)
  14. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,722 Messages
    1,809 Likes Received
    Well, you have to admit that Eli and his TEAM are sucking right now. But, it's not all his fault or the coaches fault, after-all they have won 2 SB's, It has to be something other than Eli because all those Int's were not his fault...well out of the 15 maybe one was.

Romo goes toe to toe with the best of the best and beats Payton Manning, but his 2nd Int of the season is what cost the TEAM the loss...yeah, it was all Romo's fault. If only he had that precious ring then he can be forgiven.

By the way, I hope the Giants go defeated the rest of the season as long as he beats your stinking team and the eagles.
  15. bark

bark Well-Known Member

2,644 Messages
    1,206 Likes Received
    Agree with everyone that pointed out their poor drafts of late. Jerry Reese front and center. Their lb situation is laughable and has been for a few years.
  16. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,149 Messages
    1,164 Likes Received
    Clearly Not The same.

You need explanation?
  17. Red Dragon

Red Dragon Well-Known Member

4,321 Messages
    836 Likes Received
    I say no, mainly because I want to see if Eli will get to 35 interceptions on the season.
  18. ThreeandOut

ThreeandOut Well-Known Member

1,818 Messages
    184 Likes Received
    Mara's probably too busy trying to figure out how to impose more salary cap penalties on his division rivals.
    dogberry likes this.
  19. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

6,061 Messages
    982 Likes Received
    Didn't your boy Jerry fire/compel Jimmy to leave Dallas after 2 Superbowl wins?

Coughlin

Is that the symmetry you are trying to achieve here? Oh, sorry, I guess we should weigh in on whether we'd like to cut a two time(at that point) Super Bowl winning QB as well.

Aikman / Manning

Brilliant.

On to the echo chamber.
    khiladi and Chocolate Lab like this.
  20. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,472 Messages
    2,887 Likes Received
    That's the truth

Romo throws for 5 tds and 500 yards and folks want him cut because "we can't win with this bum"

Lol