1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Oklahoma Sooners/Texas Longhorns RRR 2011

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by Dallas, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I knows it's a smidge early....but...

LET'S GET IT STARTED !!!!!!!!!!

Mack Brown doesn't ever lose, he just runs out of time . :laugh2:
  2. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,018 Messages
    238 Likes Received
    well now you've gone too far. That excuse is solely owned by a&m. :laugh2:
  3. Dallas

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    :laugh2: I knew I read it other places. Best I could do!

Man I am so glad the Hogs beat A&M. Add to that WIS destroying Bug-U. What a great Saturday it was.

:cheers: Here is to a great game come Saturday, jim.
  4. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,018 Messages
    238 Likes Received
    same to you Dallas. I don't feel good about this one. I hate that the first team we'll play that should be ranked in the top 50 is freaking OU.
  5. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,626 Messages
    41 Likes Received

It was a glorious day....Texas won, A&M lost, Nebraska lost, Florida lost, VaTech lost, and OU had a bye week
  6. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,626 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    Hey, I am just glad we have an offense again. Gilbert Grape really ruined my college football season last year.
  7. Draegerman

Draegerman Internet Somebody

3,706 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    The good news for the OU players is that it will be sort of a family reunion for most of them next week upon returning to their home state after being stolen...err...recruited by the Boomers. ;)

Hey Dallas, can you hear the thunder yet? :eek:

HOOK'EM!!!
  8. Draegerman

3,706 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Greedy bastages even had the gall to charge $39.99 on ppv to watch the Sooners scrimmage Ball St during that bye week. ;)
  9. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,077 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    I don't know if we can win this year. Texas is a year away from being a team that is right back at being a fixture in the top 10. It will be Intereating. I can easily see an OU blowout but I hope I'm wrong.

One thing, I hope they come to their senses on this QB rotation thing. I'm not a fan of it even though its working against average teams.Find one and stick with it. If it can beat OU and OSU the next two weeks, keep doing it, if not, come to a decision and is rather Ash start. Stronger arm and all. That's my opinion though.
  10. StylisticS

StylisticS Well-Known Member

8,077 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    LOL:laugh2:
  11. Avaj

Avaj Peace Be Still

1,700 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I agree. The rotation makes me nervous. Seems like Ash is having better success right now. Why not just let him start.
  12. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,300 Messages
    1,501 Likes Received
    It pains me but OU will win this game.

Had Gilbert panned out this game would probably decide who plays for the National Title.

OU wins because of the QB play.

Texas will play hard though. I like their new coaches.
  13. Dallas

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Wasn't that crazy.

$40.00

Pshhh...Ball St. ain't even worth 3 payments of $4.00.

No I ain't heard no thunder yet, Drae. :) I am honestly glad we get to do a few more of these games between Texas and Oklahoma. The RRR means a lot to me.
  14. Dallas

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Cuz our WRs suck and our Defense is just plain awful. I feel ya there. We got no running game.

Truly a pathetic Oklahoma this year.
  15. Draegerman

3,706 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Weather forecast calls for a torrential thunderstorm on gameday with a steady downpour of burnt orange enveloping the stadium. ;)

Same here, bro. Of course, I was more partial to it when it was called the RRS - but I'm just sentimental that way. Political correctness be damned! :mad:
  16. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

30,998 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Who does OU think they are, Texas? :lmao2: :lmao:
  17. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,409 Messages
    1,881 Likes Received
    I always look forward to this game. Throw the records out the window and the poll ranking they don't mean a thing in this game.

Clearly from an experiance point OU has an advantage and they will need it.
  18. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,090 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    Toss-up game. Mack Brown is motivated this year...he's hungry like I haven't seen in a long time. Oklahoma has the better all-around team and getting tested already vs. Florida State and Mizzou should do wonders for them but this revenge tour for Texas is interesting. I see them going 1-1 in the OU and OK State games, which one they win and lose I don't know.
  19. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,371 Messages
    1,401 Likes Received
    Mistakes and turnovers. That is what this game will come down to. If Texas can stop the run, then they have a chance to win. If they can not, then OU will win. Force Landry to move around in the pocket and I believe that helps Texas a lot. If OU bottles up the Texas running game, then that puts a lot of pressure on the two young QBs and the chances of mistakes go way up. Brown has to have a good day. He can not afford to fumble the ball. I see Jones as a key guy for Texas. He has skills that could hurt the OU secondary and LBs in coverage. The question is, can he step up and will the young QBs look for him? If they make him a factor, then OU's ability to use their LBs to pressure becomes much more difficult. Which ever QB on the Texas side gets the majority of plays, I think they have to be able to throw accurately on the run and they must get rid of the ball. This OU team can pressure you defensively but they have trouble with QBs who can break the pocket and make plays downfield.

OU is pretty good everywhere but this is the best defensive team I've seen from OU in awhile. They have had a lot of teams that the media has claimed were good defensively but I never really bought into that. This team is good defensively IMO.
  20. Biggems

Biggems White and Nerdy

11,626 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    probably the best defense they have played since the year they beat FSU for the National Championship.