1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

OLB that we must consider in 2nd/3rd round: Roneell Lewis

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by PuertoricanBoy, Feb 19, 2012.

1. PuertoricanBoy

PuertoricanBoy Member

83 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Check this video. This guy is vicious hitter that will bring fire to our D.

Ronnell Lewis Highlights -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS5****-qCg

We need to draft players that change our soft D-mentality and here is one. I will pay to see this stud hitting E-Manning.

:)
  2. Marktui

Marktui Active Member

1,200 Messages
    12 Likes Received
    At 6'2'' 240, he would not be a good fit for the SOLB. Would he be able to play ILB? Definitely a fierce hitter and his bio says has a passion for the game, which is one of the traits Garrett always looks for in a player.
  3. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

13,741 Messages
    5,902 Likes Received
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS5coC*-qCg

Replace the * with a K. The filter won't allow this link to be posted.

Although he was an outside passrusher in college, I think his size and skillset might project better as an ILB in an NFL 3-4 defense. He could line up as a passrusher on occasion.

He might fall in the draft due to some reported maturity issues. I would wait an see if he is available in the 4th round.
  4. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

7,730 Messages
    623 Likes Received
    Lewis was used all over the defense so he really does not have a position. But his athleticisim and attitude are crazy intriguing. Vicious hitter but not real instinctive.

If he had any coverage instincts I'd almost try him at ILB or even one of the safety spots. Kid is definitely a project but a very interesting one.
  5. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    You never know how some of these guys will turn out. We all focus on the 1st and 2nd rd picks but when you see names like Jared Allen being a 4th rd pick and what he has developed into it shows you how imperfect the draft is.
  6. Verdict

Verdict Well-Known Member

3,454 Messages
    171 Likes Received
    I am as big of an OU fan as anyone on this board. I believe Ronnell Lewis is an intruiging prospect, but my gut feeling tells me that he may not be a good fit for our system, with the other pieces currently in place. He seems more suited to play in a 4-3 than a 3-4. His estimated times 40 times aren't that fast. He seems to be too small to be a 3-4 linebacker. If his 40 times were a little bit faster, maybe he could play the nickle.

Based on production on the collegiate level, he appears to be the real deal. But I don't know if that will translate very well to the NFL. I know some people who know him pretty well personally, and they say he is a really good kid. However, I get the felling he might be a bit of a DEZ BRYANT type of kid. He isn't going to commit any crimes, but I don't know about his focus or judgment.

If we get him and he turns out to be the next LT, I will be as happy for the team, and him personally, as anyone on this site. I just wouldn't go that far out on a limb to get him.

Here is another observation .... I am hearing some draft publications listing Jumelle Fleming as a first round corner. I don't buy the hype. He seems to be a little bit too much like Derrick Strait to suit me. All everything in college, toast in the NFL.