1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

On a non partisan, humanitarian note...

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Phrozen Phil, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Phrozen Phil

Phrozen Phil Active Member

3,880 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    I just had a friend return from the Houston area and south of that city. He had a chance to see the damage from Ike and indicated to me that the situation is very difficult for people in the area and for people who were evacuated. We've give to the Red Cross here and it appears that aid is on it's way. Beyond that , I don't have much detail. Most of you are a little closer. What's the situation and were any CZ members affected by the Hurricane?
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,119 Messages
    2,926 Likes Received
    Part along the coast were hit hard you have areas (Gilchrest one section of Bolivar) where over 200 homes were there and now 1 is left other parts like Crystal Beach looks the same. Galveston is going to take nearly 3 months before people will be able to return as much of the infrastructure is damaged. Houston while many of us are having to do without simple things like power will get through this as we have in past Hurricanes.
  3. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Glad to see you're ok Dooms.
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,119 Messages
    2,926 Likes Received
    Thanks. I feel fortunate I am only dealing with the inconvenience of not having power and trying to find gas without being in the long lines to get it.

I have 3 friends who had houses on Crystal Beach that are now completely gone and 1 who has a house in Galveston but is unable to get to the island to check on its condition because the island is closed to the public due to the damage and unsafe conditions.

I also have a couple of co-workers whose houses were severely damaged due to trees landing on their houses.

I’m sure we will all muddle through this and get our lives back to normal it just may take a while. I know everyone is doing the best they can to help