1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Once Elected, Palin Hired Friends and Lashed Foes

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by VietCowboy, Sep 13, 2008.

1. VietCowboy

VietCowboy Be Realistic. Demand the Impossible.

2,918 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Obviously one-sided, but this is going to be in the NYT:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/14/us/politics/14palin.html?pagewanted=1&_r=2&hp
    Once Elected, Palin Hired Friends and Lashed Foes

WASILLA, Alaska — Gov. Sarah Palin lives by the maxim that all politics is local, not to mention personal.
    So when there was a vacancy at the top of the State Division of Agriculture, she appointed a high school classmate, Franci Havemeister, to the $95,000-a-year directorship. A former real estate agent, Ms. Havemeister cited her childhood love of cows as a qualification for running the roughly $2 million agency.
    Ms. Havemeister was one of at least five schoolmates Ms. Palin hired, often at salaries far exceeding their private sector wages.
    When Ms. Palin had to cut her first state budget, she avoided the legion of frustrated legislators and mayors. Instead, she huddled with her budget director and her husband, Todd, an oil field worker who is not a state employee, and vetoed millions of dollars of legislative projects.
    And four months ago, a Wasilla blogger, Sherry Whitstine, who chronicles the governor’s career with an astringent eye, answered her phone to hear an assistant to the governor on the line, she said.
    “You should be ashamed!” Ivy Frye, the assistant, told her. “Stop blogging. Stop blogging right now!”

---

It's 5 pages long, so if you want to read the rest press the link.
  2. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,576 Messages
    513 Likes Received

OMG!!!

She should be kicked out of the country ASAP. Cuz no other politician (or person for that matter) has ever hired a friend and lashed out at a foe.

:rolleyes:
  3. ZB9

ZB9 Active Member

1,024 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    dont think many people take the NYtimes seriously anymore as being anywhere close to objective.

they are writing mainly to their base of readers in Manhattan...but regardless, they could make their agenda a little less obvious.
  4. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    80%+ approval rating.

Your crusade against Palin is getting old
  5. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    This poster has already admitted bias and hatred for Palin. Why should anyone take anything posted by this poster as anything but a pathetic joke?
  6. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,077 Messages
    2,293 Likes Received
    Although I don't view Vietcowboy as a pathetic joke, I do view the NYT in a highly favorable light. It's a Leftist rage absent of any redeeming qualities.
  7. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,077 Messages
    2,293 Likes Received
    Has she ever hired anybody solely for purposes of lashing him or her?:p:
  8. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,576 Messages
    513 Likes Received
    Is it bad that I just got "dirty" thoughts in my head after reading this post?

Someone hired just to get "lashed"... hmmm...
  9. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    If I were ever elected to office, I would also try to surround myself with people I know and trust, and I would try to get rid of people who I thought might undermine my work or stab me in the back.

I think most smart people would do the same.
  10. ZB9

ZB9 Active Member

1,024 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I guess she should have hired foes and fired friends?

leadership 101, surround yourself with people that you can trust
  11. VietCowboy

2,918 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    so she's self-serving? how is that a reformer.
  12. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,766 Messages
    1,657 Likes Received
    Only the admitted liberals and those that hate palin like Viet keep posting the drivel.
  13. poke

poke the older I get the better I was

2,574 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    sounds like she would have fit in perfectly with the Bush administration.
  14. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

4,125 Messages
    358 Likes Received
    Or the Clinton Administration, or the Reagan Administrations, or the Carter one or Ford or Nixon
  15. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ...or Johnson, or Kennedy, or Eisenhower, or Truman, or Rosevelt, or...yeah, I guess we all get the point :rolleyes:
  16. Maikeru-sama

Maikeru-sama Mick Green 58

14,547 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hmmm...so somebody wins an election and rewards friends and punishes the opposition?

Tell me what is wrong with that again?
  17. VietCowboy

2,918 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    you don't see anything wrong with punishing? alright...

It is one thing to return loyalty to those who supported you by rewarding them, it is quite another to lash out at those who didn't support you. She fired people who her supporters didn't like, her aide verbally reprimanded someone for expressing their freedom of speech, she tried to fire a freaking librarian after she refused to say she would ban any books, and she tried to make a professor pay half a million just to "process a request" to see the emails from scientists related to polar bears which she blatantly lied about, and you think that's right??
  18. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,264 Messages
    1,291 Likes Received
    agreed rack. i can take the discussions that get heated when they make sense but when the things griped about and "pointed out" are so "blazay" why? do you really hope people buy into something so simple and don't realize it's just BAU (business as usual)?

i can't take the cheerleaders anymore from either side.
  19. Chief

Chief "Friggin Joke Monkey"

8,541 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The New York Times has become a sad joke.
  20. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    If you are elected and surround yourself with qualified people that are friends or whatever then OK.

But when you are running your campaign like your the Maverick and the Change candidate and you aren't going to do things like Washington does and then goes out and gives a $95,000 job to run a 2 million dollar agency and that persons qualification is a childhood love of cows...well, that's exactly like Washington and your going to get questions about it and rightfully so.