1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

One good thing about bailout/financial crisis

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Oct 6, 2008.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

61,076 Messages
    4,413 Likes Received
    The price of gas has actually dropped.

A few weeks ago I made a thread about the gas jumping up a good deal due to speculation of the Hurricane possible causing damage. But when it was determined that the Hurricane did not cause the damage (for the gas industry) the price only went down a few pennies after a large jump.

However it finally went down to the price it was prior to the jump and not only that it has now went down 20 more cents from that price due to this economic mess.

So...I guess in some odd way there is a silver lining to this cloud, and let's face it, this has been a real crap storm with the bail out and the mess so I will take any bit of good news/silver lining I can get right now.
  2. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

24,665 Messages
    974 Likes Received
    Yeah... it seems like Gas in NY went from $4.30 to $3.60 in a little over a month.

What a scandal...........................
  3. Royal Laegotti

Royal Laegotti Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!

4,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Believe it or not I got gas for $3.08 in here in Central Texas the other day and I was happy to wait in line for 20 min to get it to.
  4. BrAinPaiNt

61,076 Messages
    4,413 Likes Received
    I thought tractors took diesel. ;)

On a serious note, it is pretty darn bad when you have to spend so much just to mow your lawn anymore. Might have to see if I can find one of these...

[IMG]

Your tractor...well...you might have to look into this...

[IMG]
  5. Royal Laegotti

Royal Laegotti Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy!

4,971 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

Yeah, diesel's only slightly:rolleyes: higher at $3.85.

Either one of those lawn mowers will work. Be sure and keep plenty of WD-40 on the top one and get a big pooper scooper for the bottom one.:p:
  6. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    That's why I only cut my grass once every couple of months. I'm trying to be eco friendly. :D
  7. BrAinPaiNt

61,076 Messages
    4,413 Likes Received
    I use that excuse for being lazy as well. Sometimes it works with the wife, other times not so much.:laugh2:

But honey, I hurt the environment with the gas engine and moving so much out there like that makes me fart.
  8. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,674 Messages
    6,414 Likes Received
    Still 3.32 here.

I have a yard man who comes once a month. He went up on his price a few months ago, so now I pay $25 for the front and back yard.
  9. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,959 Messages
    3,462 Likes Received
    Hopefully the next good thing will be a change in peoples spending habit, just because you want that big home does not mean you can afford it and just because the Credit Card Company is giving you a credit line of X amount do not mean you change what you can't afford.
  10. BrAinPaiNt

61,076 Messages
    4,413 Likes Received
    Let's hope, but I doubt it.
  11. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    That's why the ozone layer has a hole in it.....right over WV as a matter of fact. :laugh2:

The average around here is about $3.38
  12. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,674 Messages
    6,414 Likes Received
    My spending habits definitely changed. I cook more versus going to happy hour three times a week. :)
  13. BrAinPaiNt

61,076 Messages
    4,413 Likes Received
    We dropped to $3.59

You know it is a sad day and age when you are thankful for getting gas at $3.59. :(
  14. BrAinPaiNt

61,076 Messages
    4,413 Likes Received
    You just need to find you a sugar daddy so you can go out and eat and still save money.;)
  15. Yeagermeister

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    No kidding. When I first started driving regular gas was $.79 or something like that.