1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

One Year Anniversary..

Discussion in 'Members Zone' started by Juke99, May 27, 2010.

1. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,270 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Today is the one year anniversary of my rescuing my dog Pepper.

She came to me with just about every behavioral issue a dog could have...and that is not an exaggeration...dog reactive, stranger reactive, resource guarder, biter, horrible on leash, digger, body touch reactive....

Rehabbing her, while exhausting at times, has been wonderfully rewarding. In this picture, Pepper, at the shelter on the left; in my yard on the right.

Happy Anniversary Pepper, I love you! :D

[IMG]

If you wanna see more about her, check out my website... johnvisconti.com
  2. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,166 Messages
    2,753 Likes Received
    Congrats on the rehab Juke! I have no doubt there were many times when you wondered if it was worth the time or not. Now you have a friend forever to enjoy.
  3. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,270 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Ya know, BDC...I never wondered if it was worth it...I just became overwhelmed at times...

Socializing a badly socialized adult shelter dog is a hell of an experience...I am now on a crusade to make shelters a hell of a lot more responsible when transferring dogs.

My dog was in their "care" for two years. She came to my home knowing her name and "sit" Period.

These shelters, with archaic training methods, send dogs into the community that in many cases, are loaded guns.
  4. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
  5. dropshot001

dropshot001 New Member

77 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    congratulations!