1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

Online Poker

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Hostile, Dec 29, 2010.

1. Hostile

Hostile The Duke

119,460 Messages
    3,891 Likes Received
    I just played one of the dumbest guys I have ever played. It's Texas Hold 'Em. I had Ace and 8 of spades. Flop is 10 of diamonds, Ace of hearts, Ace of clubs. No flush. I have 3 Aces.

Guy bets 140 bucks. So I figure he must have a 10 in the hole and 2 pair. I called him all in for 320 bucks which would leave him 12 bucks.

He called.

Okay, now I am scared. I am putting him on a full house with 10's in the hole or an Ace and 10 in the hole.

Nope. Turn and river fall and they are like 6 and 9. I see his cards, 7 of spades, and 4 of clubs.

He called over 300 bucks on a 7 high in the hole? Even if you don't put me on an Ace or a 10, do you assume a 7 high is the best hand?

I broke him on the next hand. He bought back in and went all in again. I broke him again in a couple of hands.

He bought back in and I broke him a 3rd time, again in a couple of hands.

I was bummed when he left. The guy was like an automatic deposit. I ended up taking over 500 bucks off of him in a little over 20 minutes time.

In the immortal words of Napoleon Dynamite...Idiot!

2. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

36,675 Messages
    4,362 Likes Received
    Love ya Hos, but Gambling is for LOSERS! ;)

3. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    Sounds like something Hellmuth would rant about if he got suckered. I guess he just has too much money to throw away and was trying to bluff his way into some change. Unfortunately he did so when you had a hand.

4. Hostile

Hostile The Duke

119,460 Messages
    3,891 Likes Received
    It's a decent pass time when your college team is getting pummeled.

5. Hostile

Hostile The Duke

119,460 Messages
    3,891 Likes Received
    I get the bluff at 140 bucks. But I raised him all in for my 320 bucks. Once his bluff was called he should have folded. He called.

I would think he thought I was bluffing but his other losses to me tell me he just plays all in as often as he can and hopes to suck out and win.

6. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sounds about right. One of those guys that reraises twice on the hole cards to scrounge together a few antes. Overly aggressive, and then gets burned by a more reasoned strategy and better overall play.

7. Hostile

Hostile The Duke

119,460 Messages
    3,891 Likes Received
    Guys like that should not play. Unless it is to me for real money. I can beat that all day, every day.

8. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

45,396 Messages
    3,986 Likes Received
    Where do you play?

I sure hope they make online poker for $$$ legal again. I played a good bit in college and made some cash.

9. Hostile

Hostile The Duke

119,460 Messages
    3,891 Likes Received
    This one is Zynga. Just on Facebook.

I have had a real bad 2 days and needed something to just pass the time while watching football.

10. tupperware

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    Playing for fake money sucks though, because people play way too aggressively.

11. Hostile

Hostile The Duke

119,460 Messages
    3,891 Likes Received
    Totally agree.

12. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

11,202 Messages
    922 Likes Received
    It is in some states.

13. tupperware

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    Did they really put a stop to playing online for real cash? I wasn't aware of that. I played a few years ago for small risks, 5c antes, things like that. It makes it a profitable yet very low risk endeavor while still having risks involved. I just find that when you play with certain people they're going to totally change their play style when there is nothing at risk. I think that's one thing that makes poker a hard thing to enjoy online, way too many bluffers. It can also hurt your real game if you play it too much and don't play any with friends. I try to maintain a consistent playstyle and play just as I would if I was betting my own money.

14. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

8,133 Messages
    338 Likes Received
    i don't gamble.