1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Only thing that might be better than DeCastro...

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by a_minimalist, Mar 29, 2012.

1. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,573 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    For all of you DeCastro fans, what would make you just as happy?

I'm going with Konz and Gilmore in the 1st. Which means trade back then trade back into the 1st
  2. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,590 Messages
    1,559 Likes Received
    yeah a sick center is fine with you
  3. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,444 Messages
    421 Likes Received
    Trade back, Get Mercilus, Barron, Konz, and Winn in the 1st 2 rounds...lol pipe dream I know
  4. wittenacious

wittenacious Active Member

2,805 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Konz and Gilmore ... or, more likely, Gilmore and Konz in draft order -- the way things are looking right now -- would make me VERY happy. And I'm a signed, sealed & delivered believer in DeCastro being a great selection. Get me either one, or the other two, and I'm smiling from ear to ear.
  5. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    No DeCastro?

I want everyone of my pet cats!
  6. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I like you mock and no Castro
  7. FootballCorner

FootballCorner New Member

26 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think if Dallas wants Konz, they have a solid shot of getting him in the 2nd with their original pick. His power numbers are very disappointing and if you watch the game film on Konz, Wisconsin did an excellent job of yoking him to power. When facing stronger NTs, they doubled and would slide Konz to the second level, leaving the OGs to handle the bigger, more powerful DTs.

When you have Kevin Zeitler (32 reps at 225) on your right and Travis Frederick (700 pound squat, 500 pound bench, considered one of the top 10 most powerful collegiate players) on your left, you are somewhat protected. Few college teams can throw a pair of powerful DTs at you.

The key will be, when he runs into a team like Detroit with Suh, Williams, Fairley, and those other big horses and they shoot a blitzer to the outside of the guard, meaning he has one of those power guys in his grill, can he keep them from just dumping him on his butt while they crush Romo.

I have my doubts. If Konz was in the 2010 draft, would he rank better than J.D. Walton? I really do not think so. I think if Dallas spends a 1st on Konz, they will end up a little disappointed. That 18 on the bench for him at the combine and him not participating in anything else, added to him not having a Pro Day yet, gives me great reason to pause.
  8. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    Plus you have a surgically repaired ankle and a blood disorder. He is not a safe pick for a position that is usually a very safe pick. Go pick up Dan Koppen for 1 year 2 million and get somebody next year if Kowalski does not come along.
  9. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I think that you might have to get over this one Burm. You have this issue fixed in your head, and I understand your concerns, but I don't think it is as dire as you believe.

If we draft him, and he dies during camp, I will change my username to Burms*****.