1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Opening Odds... Steelers at Dallas

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by ufcrules1, Dec 10, 2012.

1. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,311 Messages
    1,471 Likes Received
    The game opened up at even odds i.e. pick em game. For those that don't understand odds, that just means there is no line, it's straight up. I've also noticed a few betting sites that have Dallas -1. So they are favored by 1 to win. It's still early odds, but I wouldn't expect them to move much in any direction.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas/
  2. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,105 Messages
    1,309 Likes Received
    i think Dallas can win, but I would not put any money on that line.
  3. Joe Realist

Joe Realist No Kool-Aid here!

6,946 Messages
    451 Likes Received
    If we can't beat Big Ben, the last chance might be in 2016.
  4. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

2,633 Messages
    1,197 Likes Received
    THAT...is pretty surprising. I'm not sure they are that much better but surely more disciplined and not as banged up as us.

When in doubt about an NFL game, follow the money, those guys don't miss much. There's a reason they have all those pretty lights in Vegas.
  5. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,687 Messages
    1,761 Likes Received
    I checked out a Steelers forum earlier today and they don't seem confident at all.
  6. Givincer

Givincer Well-Known Member

1,834 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    Home field is worth 3 right? On neutral field it would be Pittsburgh -3, correct?
  7. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    They just got rolled by the pathetic Chargers, so...
  8. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,462 Messages
    432 Likes Received
    Hate to say it, but that line absolutely screams Pittsburgh. The majority of the money will be coming in on Dallas, and it's only a PK. Home teams generally get 3 points, so Vegas thinks Pitt is a better team.
  9. jgboys1

jgboys1 Well-Known Member

3,858 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    That would suck, especially since the last 2 losses to them where excruciating.
  10. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    they have some injuries but we are going to get the opposite steelers team that played yesterday.

the Pittsburgh paper said in the 4th qtr the crowd was chanting we want batch!!

mike adams reinjured himself, palamalu reaggrivated his Achilles but stayed on and taylor is hurt.

There line looks worse than ours.

We have to score on them a bunch early and make the raper just throw the ball up for grabs early..
  11. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,181 Messages
    2,385 Likes Received
    We're going to get their best. I think they relaxed because Ben R returned and thought it would be easy.

They won't make that mistake again in the road. But I think Cincy's defense is better, so this is very winnable for Dallas. However, this will be a tough week with the funeral and reality setting in.
  12. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

3,101 Messages
    1,276 Likes Received
    Oddsmakers are treating this almost as a neutral site game. With good reason.

Cowboys have been terrible at home. And there will be almost as many Steeler fans at Cowboys Stadium as Cowboy fans. It's going to be tough to watch as 10's of thousands of terrible towels will be waving around on Sunday. They will most definitely be louder than Cowboy fans.

Romo and the offense need to go into the game using a silent count as if it were a road game. In fact, the team should treat this entire game as if it's in Pittsburgh. Maybe they will actuall play better from the opening kickoff.
  13. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Steeler's have played just like Dallas this year up and down and a complete roller coaster ride.

That is funny saying the team is more disciplined when they are -13 in Turn Overs. Disciplined teams do not have turn over issues. Dallas is -10 in Turn Over margin.

Their scoring average is 21.4 to Dallas at 23.4

Steelers are 25th in Rushing and Dallas is 31st

Dallas is 3rd is passing yards Steelers 11th

Steelers 20.3 PtsG (on defense)
    Dallas 24.2 PtsG (on defense)

The teams are about even
    Dallas 7-6
    Steelers 7-6

The teams are about the dam same in most categories

They are both mediocre football teams at this point who tend to turn the ball over.

That is why the line is zero
  14. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,311 Messages
    1,471 Likes Received
    Pitt is a weird team this year. I mean they went into Baltimore with 50 year old Batch as the QB and beat them. Then lost at home against a horrible Chargers team with Ben back.

I would have to give the Steelers the edge just because they are a better disciplined team and rarely lay an egg multiple weeks in a row. With that said, I think we have a legit chance to beat them. Our offense just needs to really click to be able to keep up with the Steelers offense. Our defense is going to give up plenty of points to the Steelers.
  15. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    They're one of the worst teams in the NFL in 3rd down% and giveaway/takeaways. They haven't been playing very good for a while. They haven't really put together a good game since the first week in November when they beat the Giants. I expect an ugly game.
  16. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,462 Messages
    432 Likes Received
    I think if Dallas wins, but it won't be by much.

If Pittsburgh wins, it'll be by double digits.
  17. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,845 Messages
    10,149 Likes Received
    Yeah.

Tough to really set this line, IMO.
  18. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

12,226 Messages
    1,339 Likes Received
    Our home field may be worth 3 to them. :eek::
  19. DenCWBY

DenCWBY Active Member

898 Messages
    204 Likes Received
    That's correct however we really apparently have no homefield advantage.
  20. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,845 Messages
    10,149 Likes Received
    Well, we at least get them away from Pittsburgh.