1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Opinions on Hypothetical

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by ABQCOWBOY, Mar 3, 2008.

1. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,242 Messages
    1,330 Likes Received
    Hey Guys,

Don't know if this has been discussed or not. If it has, let me know and I will referance the thread.

Lets imagine Hillary gets elected. Lets also assume that she is unable to pull out of the war in 6 months or whatever. If it were necessary to institute the draft to support the war effort, would Hillary then open up the draft for women? Would be tough for her not to, IMO, if she were President. Thoughts?
  2. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,076 Messages
    1,620 Likes Received
    I would think if this country ever had to reinstitute the draft that it would be both men and women. However being drafted and put into direct combat roles is different issue.
  3. ABQCOWBOY

34,242 Messages
    1,330 Likes Received

Good point and your right. So, the question might be, would she then approve women on the front lines, serving in combat units? To me, it's an interesting dilema. How do you say no, women can't if your serving as President and you, yourself, are a women? That would be a very tough political issue IMO.
  4. Doomsday101

75,076 Messages
    1,620 Likes Received
    Frankly, I'm more interested in the welfare of those on the ground in combat roles and how such a move could affect them. I think woman play an important role in the military and are in harm’s way in many of the roles they have. I really don't want to see women put on the front lines with the men. I have many in my family who are career military people including a cousin who she flies’s C-130's.
  5. ABQCOWBOY

34,242 Messages
    1,330 Likes Received

Understood. I have my own views of this as well. The question here would be a political one. I could see where that could become a powder cage issue for a Hillary Clinton Presidency.
  6. Doomsday101

75,076 Messages
    1,620 Likes Received
    I agree it would be a political one. I just hate playing with the efficiency and lives of those on the ground for a political experiment. I have heard both sides of the argument of women in combat roles and I think both have strong cases but in the end for me it is all about the guys on the ground and the effect it will have
  7. ABQCOWBOY

34,242 Messages
    1,330 Likes Received

Unfortunatly, as long as there has been government, it has never been about the guys on the ground. If it were about the soldiers, we would not have Wars. Just how it is unfortunatly.