1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

OT bench reps

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by GloryDaysRBack, Feb 25, 2011.

1. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,172 Messages
    594 Likes Received
    Here's what I know so far

Smith 29
    Sherrod 23
    Solder 21
  2. ThreeandOut

ThreeandOut Well-Known Member

1,773 Messages
    107 Likes Received
    The thread titled "Combine Notes, Weights, Lifting" has Carimi at 29 and Costanzo at 28.
  3. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,778 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Long arms make it tough. Nothing stands out to me from this portion
  4. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
  5. ThreeandOut

ThreeandOut Well-Known Member

1,773 Messages
    107 Likes Received
    Two things stand out to me. Smith has freakishly long arms so 29 is a very good number. Costanzo also had a good showing. Costanzo could be the darkhorse pick here in a trade down. I think Dallas will like him for his smarts (Rhodes scholar candidate) and experience (50+ starts). There were questions about his strength, which his showing in the bench helped answer.
  6. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,091 Messages
    83 Likes Received
  7. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,655 Messages
    1,527 Likes Received
    Was thinking the same thing. It requires more work to bench multi-reps with those long arms....which is what you want in an OT.
  8. cowboyjoe

28,091 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    NFL Combine Results Offensive Linemen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011-nf...nsive-linemen/.
    PLAYER CAMP # POS COLLEGE HGT WGT ARMS HANDS 40 TIME 225 REPS VERT JUMP 20 S 60 S 3 CONE

you can go to the one above, has listings too, then look for position that you want
  9. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,300 Messages
    343 Likes Received
    How much weight do they do when benching?
  10. cowboyjoe

28,091 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    225 best i remember
  11. gmoney112

gmoney112 Well-Known Member

2,860 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    Joe is correct.
  12. TheCowboy

TheCowboy The Teen

2,300 Messages
    343 Likes Received
    Wow I can only do 110 and I am a lineman. Oh boy...
  13. cowboyjoe

28,091 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    better get busy working with those weights buddy, i lifted and benched 225 way back then, but to old now, 58
  14. locked&loaded

locked&loaded its redskin season

2,773 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    sure you did. Im sure you were ripped from walking up hill through snow both ways and having the plow hooked up to your back while the horses rested.
  15. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

2,944 Messages
    466 Likes Received
    On first glance none of these numbers are really impressive but when you match them with Smith's measurables that is pretty astounding. This kid is a lock for the top 10 now.

Honestly, I don't like drafting linemen that high, but this kid has potential franchise cornerstone written all over him. I take him at 9 and plug him in day one. Even with growing pains he can't be worse than Columbo.
  16. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,357 Messages
    1,341 Likes Received
    Start doing a lot of dips. Works more muscle groups than any other exercise. Crank them out until you can't go any more. Take a break and keep doing it. You'll be shocked at how fast your max bench numbers come up. Use your body's weight as your tool. Pull ups, pushups, and dips are all fantastic.

Tyron Smith doesn't have arms. Those are wings. 29 reps with long arms like that? Forget about it, he's got the highest likelihood of being a Cowboy of any player on the board.
  17. cowboyjoe

28,091 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Gosh No, all i could do was bench 225 about 7 times, im real little, 5-7 3/4 155 dripping wet. :) and the last 2, i had to have some help, but did help me play softball in church league

before, i barely could hit the ball past 2nd base, so teams were scouting us, and they would cheat up to around 2nd base from outfield, i knocked one ball over their heads a couple of times, now that was fun

but last time i played baseball church league that year, and i got hit by the baseball about 9 times or so, so i retired from playing softball :)
  18. romo_19_55

romo_19_55 New Member

53 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Jerry would probably want Cam Newton or any other FLASHY player so he could market them and make money. But if Jason Garrett has the brains and AUTHORITY that WE all assumed, Tyson Smith (RT) will be our man at pick #9 and Benjamin Ijalana or Marcus Cannon (OG) will be our 40th pick. There is NO way that our Boys can play PHYSICAL if we do NOT address the OL in the early rounds and get some of these top tier O-lineman. It's not every year that we get to draft 9th in each round.
  19. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

13,793 Messages
    875 Likes Received
    I dont want Costanzo, not in the top of the 1st anyway.
  20. 28 Joker

28 Joker 28 Joker

7,878 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    LT Tyron Smith
    LG Danny Watkins/Jason Pinkston
    C Stefan Wisniewski
    RG Ben Ijalana
    RT Derek Sherrod

One can dream...

1. Tyron Smith
    2. Stefan Wisniewski