1. Like to discuss POLITICS? Come join us at PUNNDITS.com!
    If you like discussing politics and other related topics then your new home (hopefully) for doing just that can be found on Punndits.com! Come join us and help us grow Punndits into a wonderful and safe place to discuss politics with everyone.
    Dismiss Notice

OT: Dallas Nightspots

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by fweegy, Dec 6, 2004.

1. fweegy

fweegy Active Member

818 Messages
    100 Likes Received
    Boys,

I am about to partake on my 2nd Annual Dallas Trip this year for the upcomming Saints game. Last year, my buddy and I took in a Mavs game on Saturday night for something to do.....seeing how every freaking sports team Dallas has is out of town this weekend, except for the Cowboys, my buddy and I are looking for something to do on Sat. night. We were thinking about partaking in a joint that specializes in "the dollar bill exchange" if you get my meaning. I hear Dallas is famous for these kind of places. Can you fine, upstanding, moral men give me some names.....we'd like a nice place where we can walk out and find all 4 tires and the engine intact on our rental. I thank you all in advance.

2. goshan

goshan Well-Known Member

1,989 Messages
    97 Likes Received
    I haven't been back to Dallas for a little while but as of 6-8 months ago:

1. Million Dollar Saloon on Greenville is still a decent bet. Not quite as upscale as a few years ago, but still in the upper tier. From American Arena, go 75 North, Exit Lovers Lane. Take a Right. Left on Greenville - on your right 1.5 miles.

2. Cabaret Royale (is it still called that?) is a little higher-end - open till 4am. Old area used to be called restaurant row. The Fair is next door now - a lower-end place. I think open till 6am. Look up directions on the NET.

3. Since you are going to a Mavs game, there used to be this new place right off 35 about 5 minutes away (heading away from downtown toward 114/183) that was upscale. A lot of Athletes used to go there. I can't remember the name - it may have been shut down? They have been in trouble a couple of times for illegal activities 'in the back' if you know what I mean. But the place is nice and the girls were good looking at least when I went about 1 yr ago.