1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

OT Eric Winston in Talks w/ Miami

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by IAmLegend, Apr 28, 2013.

1. EPL0c0

EPL0c0 The Funcooker

4,960 Messages
    227 Likes Received
    We all know that in 2006, Saints coach Sean Payton offered Jerry a 3rd round pick for Tony Romo. Jerry refused the offer, demanding a 2nd round pick instead. There was no deal.

The Saints traded that 3rd round pick (2nd in the round, 66th overall) to Houston who drafted OT-Eric Winston.

Just thought it'd be funny if that pick that Saints offered ended up in Dallas protecting Tony Romo.
  2. slomoxn

slomoxn Well-Known Member

1,524 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    Sadly enough I agree with this post whole hardy, I don't think Jerry tries to sign anyone else.
  3. Maxmadden

Maxmadden Active Member

991 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    I would have to agree also. I think they went into the draft looking to get one starter in the middle. I think they are content with what they see on the roster with the exception of Free. They may have to sign a JAG if Free doesn't agree to lower his salary.
  4. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,351 Messages
    1,989 Likes Received
    Give me Moore and Winston
    Then I think we have a real OL that would really protect Romo
  5. theebs

theebs Believe!!!!

22,213 Messages
    1,270 Likes Received
    Go watch Winston play against Tampa....he seems like a slightly better version if free.

He is an excellent dude and great locker room guy though.

I think clabo is a better player. The only thing with him when I watched them is he kind of run blocks like columbo circa 07 but pass blocks like columbo circa 2010.

I like clabo, he holds his ground and looks good on the move when Atlanta ran that zone blocking stretch play like we have tried.

I still wouldn't pay clabo to much.

If my choices are free at A discount, Winston at his asking price or clabo, I take clabo, free then Winston in that order.