1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

OT: Fight in Bengals equipment room

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Nov 17, 2005.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,622 Messages
    4,709 Likes Received
    Bengals | Locker room scuffle breaks out
    Thu, 17 Nov 2005 11:45:51 -0800

Mark Curnutte, of the Cincinnati Enquirer, reports a locker room fight occurred at Paul Brown Stadium Thursday, Nov. 17, while the media was present. DL Carl Powell picked up CB Reggie Myles and threw him down. The incident occurred in the equipment room, adjacent to the locker room, and touched off a 20-minute shouting match that spilled into the locker room and involved several other Bengals players. The confrontation was believed to be the result of horse-play gone too far. Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis said through the team's media relations department that he had no comment on the incident and that it would be handled internally. Rookie LB Odell Thurman got into a shouting match with some of the veteran players who had led Myles out of the equipment room.
  2. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,135 Messages
    497 Likes Received
    Boys will be boys. No biggie.
  3. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,344 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think it's interesting, especially in the wake of the Bears O-line fight and the TO/Douglass scuffle.
  4. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,612 Messages
    3,953 Likes Received
    Odell needs to keep a cool head.

He has been a heck of a player this year so far and has shed some of that description of being trouble from his college days.

He is too good to start getting in trouble and ruin it for himself.

Not saying he caused any of the trouble...just that he needs to stay out of any trouble.
  5. SupermanXx

SupermanXx Benched

4,009 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    guys fighting? this is unthinkable.
  6. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,612 Messages
    3,953 Likes Received
    So...does anyone think it was a towel whipped across someones bare butt that really cracked and left a welt that started it all? :laugh2:
  7. Paniolo22

Paniolo22 Hawaiian Cowboy

3,609 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    How about Kreutz. He knocked Fred Miller and broke his jaw. 2nd time that's happend, once in college, once in the pro's.
  8. jcblanco22

jcblanco22 Active Member

1,334 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Don't know if anyone remembers, but the funniest "fighting teammates" story I've ever heard was when Mario Bates and Lorenzo Neal were together on the Saints and were apparently hanging out at a bar. They got into a dispute and I believe Neal broke Bates's jaw with one punch and knocked him out in the process.

The Michael Westbrook-Stephen Davis incident that was caught on video that one training camp was also pretty graphic. I wonder if they ever got to the bottom of the story on what led to that, does anyone know?
  9. Waffle

Waffle Not Just For Breakfast Anymore

3,379 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Someone needs to remind them that they are 7-2...not 2-7.
  10. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,554 Messages
    4,841 Likes Received
    You only imagine how big the Clint Longley/Roger Staubach scuffle would have been if the mass media and the internet were nearly as prominant back then.:laugh2:
  11. parchy

parchy New Member

2,252 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Geez. The way that story paints it, Myles either started something serious or got a whole lot of crap for something small.
  12. Tass

Tass Lucky Devil

1,876 Messages
    99 Likes Received
    Brah, you no like beef wid da local kine guy. One crack- medevac...
  13. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    That was brutal
  14. GTaylor

GTaylor Gif Dude

1,849 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Lucky for Powell he won that battle, can you imagine the hazing he would have gotten if he let a CB beat him up?
  15. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,396 Messages
    877 Likes Received
    This, in a nutshell is why Kevin Burnett is a Cowboy instead of Odell Thurman. Odell served a couple of suspensions in college and had a number of off-field issues with fighting etc.

You just aren't going to see Ware, Spears, Burnett, et al. involved in this sort of stuff.
  16. Bullet22

Bullet22 Member

459 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Get rid of the locker room cancer..
  17. MissionCoach

MissionCoach Active Member

838 Messages
    40 Likes Received
    Wow....I forgot about that...didn't Longley SUCKER punch Roger in the locker room? Never really heard much from Longley after the fact...
  18. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    the worst sucker punch ever was when Kermit Washington absolutely destroyed Rudy Tomjonavich back in the day, that was nasty
  19. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,527 Messages
    1,879 Likes Received
    I witnessed a locker room brawl over that one time but the towel hit a much more vulnerable place. If you know what I mean.
  20. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,169 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    Man, that little guy is lucky he did not get hurt!