1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

OT Nate Solder graded out at 90% or better in 11 of the last 12 games.

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Dec 17, 2010.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    CU Buff Nate Solder a consensus All-AmericanColorado left tackle named to Associated Press first team
    By Kyle Ringo Camera Sports Writer
    Posted: 12/14/2010 05:07:15 PM MST

Colorado senior left tackle Nate Solder was named a first-team All-American by the Associated Press on Tuesday becoming the first CU tackle in the history of the program to earn consensus All-America honors.

Solder was previously named to the Walter Camp and the Football Writers Association All-America teams. He also is expected to be on The Sporting News All-America team released later this week. A player must be named to at least three of the five major postseason All-America teams to earn consensus status.

Solder, who was the offensive lineman of the year in the Big 12 Conference and a finalist for the Outland Trophy and the Campbell Trophy, is the 25th player in CU history to earn consensus All-America honors and the first since linebacker Jordon Dizon in 2007. He is the first Buff to achieve the honor on offense since 2001.

"Being an All-American is something I've always dreamed of, so it's really amazing to me that it happened," Solder said in a press release issued by the school. "I was always told that I could be good, but I never realized it would be to this magnitude."

Read more: CU Buff Nate Solder a consensus All-American - Boulder Daily Camera http://www.dailycamera.com/top-sports/ci_16857391#ixzz18P1IJbTF
    DailyCamera.com
  2. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,993 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    Jared Veldheer clone.

And we know how that turned out
  3. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,188 Messages
    347 Likes Received

Third round pick and starting LT? Don't get what you're trying to say. Also FWIW, Solder is a starting LT in the Big 12, where Veldheer played at D2 Hilsdale.
  4. MarionBarberThe4th

11,993 Messages
    140 Likes Received

Veldheer is good

The comparison is huge tackle w/ rare athleticism.

How many other tackels are 6'9" that can run 5 second 40's? Im confused as to how you are confused
  5. Chris in Arizona

Chris in Arizona I am Death

3,792 Messages
    587 Likes Received
    He probably thought you were indicating that Veldheer didn't work out.

With the way you worded it, I could see why he thought that.
  6. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,863 Messages
    1,706 Likes Received
    veldheer was my pet cat last draft. OUr wonderful scouts had him rated at like the 5th rd
  7. Chris in Arizona

3,792 Messages
    587 Likes Received
    Our Offensive Line evaluation appears to be almost as bad as our Secondary coaching.
  8. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,917 Messages
    487 Likes Received
    we need to fire the guy that scouts and rates the offensive linemen or get a better guy to do it because offensive linemen must not be his cup of tea...lol
  9. MarionBarberThe4th

11,993 Messages
    140 Likes Received

"We know how that worked out" only has a negative connotation if youre a pessimist.

I thought we were all Vehldeer groupies last year?

Also nice to see Jared Odrick light it up this year......./sarcasm
  10. Chris in Arizona

3,792 Messages
    587 Likes Received
    At this point I'm an Offensive Lineman groupie. I want anyone who can help improve our run blocking.

I have been and will always be a Safety groupie(junkie?).
  11. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

5,188 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    my sarcasm detector was going off, seems like u were knocking both....my mistake
  12. MarionBarberThe4th

11,993 Messages
    140 Likes Received
    Pretty much. Just need some bodies.

Im the opposite w/ ILB's. I dont really like (youtube) scouting them

Only knock on Solder is his ridiculous last name. Would it kill him to add an 'I' in there?