1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Our Callahan is accused of sabotage? Can't wait for the defamation lawsuit

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by GimmeTheBall!, Jan 25, 2013.

1. GimmeTheBall!

GimmeTheBall! Junior College Transfer

12,827 Messages
    682 Likes Received
    Our coach Callahan is under fire by tim brown and jerry "hot tub" rice that he sabotaged a Super Bowl for the Raiders.

As Seinfeld attorney Jackie Chiles would say, this is unprecedented, mitigated and unexpected and undefensible.

It is a vile thing to accuse a coach of. Especially when Callahan might be calling the offensive plays for us this year.

I cannot wait for Callahan to file a defamation suit against those two football has-beens.
  2. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,126 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Its bull. Tim Brown even retracted most of his statements. Tim Brown just sounded like a li kid.
  3. M'Kevon

M'Kevon A Love Supreme

3,234 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    You will wait a long time. It won't happen.
  4. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,367 Messages
    524 Likes Received
    Hot Tub Rice. :laugh2:
  5. EvilJerry88

EvilJerry88 Active Member

356 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    You make a thread about this now? Old news.

Callahan isn't going to file a lawsuit so have fun waiting.
  6. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,527 Messages
    784 Likes Received
    Callahan issueed a press release calling the accusations "defamatory".

Once Tim Brown googled the definition, he started backtracking in a big way.
  7. GimmeTheBall!

12,827 Messages
    682 Likes Received
    Dear Evil: I half an old computer and Farmers Branch only has two hours a day of internet cable service so I am limited sometimes as to news. We are like a former soviet province except we half freedom.

Say, why are you evil? Is your name really Jerra? Where do you live?
  8. GimmeTheBall!

12,827 Messages
    682 Likes Received
    Yeah, you liked that, huh? Man i would half loved to see the look on his face whent he cops showed up at that . . . place where Rice was . . . recreating.
  9. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

3,160 Messages
    810 Likes Received
    This story broke 3 days ago. But yea I don't buy it for a second. Jerry Rice openly admitted the he didn't really like Callahan and that he always thought Callahan disliked him. He's just a little bitter. Tim Brown retracted his statements already. Nothing to see here.
  10. GimmeTheBall!

12,827 Messages
    682 Likes Received
    the new developments are that: Callahan used the word "defamatory."
    That one has backtracked on his comments.
    That there is a Callahan-Gruden connection.
    That Rice and Brown might have wanted to do their old . . . spin . . . on a coach who will be calling offensive plays.

You're the guy who shows up and tells the kids with firecrackers to disperse, right?
    You are no friend to the curious.
  11. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    There are no legal grounds for a defamation lawsuit.
  12. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,040 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    You should stop posting again.
  13. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,141 Messages
    1,461 Likes Received
    Why? Maybe you don't know, but gimmie is probably smarter than 90% of the posters here. Just because he talks in satire mode don't believe for a second that he is dumb or stupid, because he can make you feel like an idiot if he really wanted to.

;)
  14. GimmeTheBall!

12,827 Messages
    682 Likes Received

Then would it be slander?
    Two people imply/suggest/make the inference that Callahan deliberately threw the game. To that end, the team lost the chance to be Super Bowl victors and maybe players and coaches lost earnings.

In this era of hyperlitigation how could that not be actionable?
  15. Kilyin

Kilyin Well-Known Member

8,040 Messages
    242 Likes Received
    No, he really couldn't. I've seen enough of his schtick to know he's at best a LeotisBrown wannabe, and he isn't all that bright.

Try me.
  16. GimmeTheBall!

12,827 Messages
    682 Likes Received
    Look i don't want no trouble. I was not privilegd to go to fancy schools like you in west virginia and i half vocational skills that you might look down on but I am somebody. I hurt just like ever one else and I bleed too.
    So if you want an easy target, go ahead. I half been so abused that cruety do notr hurt no more. kick sand in my eye. i hope you feel better.

(and thank you 5stars for the kidn words. I am shipping you my winter coat, the one you made a fuss over during the William McKinley award dinner.)
  17. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,491 Messages
    1,680 Likes Received
    I never bought it to begin with.

Changed the gameplan? Ok big deal. Happens at a drop of a hat during a game all the time. Unless Garrett is coaching you of course.

It's not like they had to learn a bunch of new plays.
  18. rickjameschinaclub

rickjameschinaclub Benched

1,222 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Callahn got all the way to the Super Bowl just to sabotage it... genius!
  19. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,141 Messages
    1,461 Likes Received
    No thanks, gimmie. I told you that I wear a large and you coat is x-large. But, I sure as hell could use it here in Utah right now! It is cold as some of the posters around here.

:eek:
  20. GimmeTheBall!

12,827 Messages
    682 Likes Received
    OK, but at least accept the coupons for the chair lift. I was given them last year but you know with the head injury and sometimes double vision they won't let me ride on them.

Again, thanks for coming to my defense. you are like the hero who comes over and slaps the bully on the head and says "yeah, you run and hide, you bully!"