1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

our new safety

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by jblaze2004, Feb 6, 2013.

1. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,889 Messages
    478 Likes Received
    anyone tired of seeing sensy play like he is wearing a skirt? This guy would bring fear back in dallas secondary/ defense period. No more sitting back and waiting on the tackle this guy attacks. He plays with alot of SWAGG and he looks to hurt someone. We all know our defense needs more SWAGG. We need someone that will not back down and will set the tone with bone crushing hits and good play.

[youtube]j2sLAI2bhAQ[/youtube]

[youtube]yMVXXAF0u64[/youtube]
  2. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,530 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    I like vcarro and Cyprien better but swearinger is my number 4
    I would be happy with him in the 3rd
  3. JDSTAR

JDSTAR Active Member

218 Messages
    38 Likes Received
  4. supercowboy8

5,530 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    You do know that everyonlooks great in highlight videos. They never show their low lights.
  5. jblaze2004

8,889 Messages
    478 Likes Received
    if he is availible in the 3rd thats what makes this sweet. we can go de/dt/og/ot in the first 2 rounds and then get a safety that can play in the 3rd hopefully.
  6. JDSTAR

JDSTAR Active Member

218 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    So you denote the player because he has a highlight video?
  7. jblaze2004

8,889 Messages
    478 Likes Received
    I just paided him no mine. I guess he wanted me to post a lowlight video of someone. Im not saying we should take him with our first rounder. He isn't that good of a prospect coming out of college but he has tools, that's why I said 3rd rounder at best right now.
  8. JDSTAR

JDSTAR Active Member

218 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Oh no, didn't mean him as a 1st rounder; meant of him as the number 1 value pick at his position. I would take him in the 3rd over Vacarro in the 2.
  9. jblaze2004

8,889 Messages
    478 Likes Received
    oh naw I didn't mean you. I meant they guy who said everyone looks better in a highlight video or whatever. lol. so what video should I have posted?

I know swearing has flaws but he also has pretty good physical tools that hopefully with nfl coaching he can get better.
  10. funkytown

funkytown Well-Known Member

1,023 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    I like his game, but he's a walking 15 yard penalty.

All that "swagg" will get him so many penalties in the NFL (No Fun League). He likes to get in peoples face after tackles, which I actually like, but that will draw flags.

He likes to lead with his helmet alot too, thats even more penalties.
  11. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,583 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    I see a lot of PA TD passes given up, penalties, and missed tackles in that guy's career.

I'd rather have Cyprien.
  12. lostar2009

lostar2009 Active Member

990 Messages
    189 Likes Received
    I know some people do not understand what a highlight video is..
  13. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,583 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    I was actually surprised a lot of those plays made it into the "Highlight Video".

It must have been too short so they added "Ho hum" plays to make it look like he did more.
  14. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

4,160 Messages
    1,277 Likes Received
    This guys will also bring a lot of late hit penalties and and head-hunting penalties too. Not to mention he's not a Garrett kind of guy. I'd say it's a long shot.
  15. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,583 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    What's his measurable? He looks like he's got size, maybe he could play OLB (in a 43, not a 34).
  16. supercowboy8

5,530 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    No but I have seen him play, I watch every sec game. He does have issues. I think he playa to close to the line to much and not enough back in zone which is what kiffin uses in his system. I like him but just keep in mind that everyone looks good in their highlights. I have seen swearinger makes mistakes and look awful.

If you can watch the UT game, Patterson made him look bad a few times and showed he was looking for the hit and was out of position for the ball.
  17. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

38,909 Messages
    4,474 Likes Received
    He's not the kind of guy I'd want on my team. And he's not a cover safety IMO. With the current rules there is no need for a Roy Williams type player. I don't discount the experience of a safety but I'd look for big corners to play safety. Your safeties need to be as good as your number 3-4 corner and be able to tackle.
  18. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

3,090 Messages
    663 Likes Received
    I just watched a super bowl with Marcus Pollard and Dashon Goldson playing safety. 2 guys who don't cover well at all, but are an intimidating hitting presence. That style is not dead in the NFL, just on our soft defense. Not to mention twhat comparing Swearinger to Roy Williams is just way off. He is a much more fluid athlete than Williams was.
  19. supercowboy8

5,530 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    And how many times did the ravens go deep, several times.
  20. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

38,909 Messages
    4,474 Likes Received
    I've watched him closely and hear what goes on with him. I'm betting he's off our board. And while I'll give you he's more 'fluid' than RW he's not a cover safety at the NFL level.