Our Next Coach????? ST - He'd be Weis to ignore the hype

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by k19, Sep 16, 2005.

1. k19

k19 Active Member

2,959 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Anyone in THE NE area catch this..............

If Weiss had lost he would have owed Brady a Case of Beer. :p:
  2. CactusCowboy

CactusCowboy Benched

1,861 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He would be great and hopefully would stop this Bob ( overated) Stoops talk....and I am an OU grad.
  3. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Release the Kraken! Zone Supporter

6,630 Messages
    1,933 Likes Received
    I couldn't agree more. If Bob Stoops ever became coach of this team we would be doomed. Everything Bill has done would be ruined.

On the other hand, I would love having Charlie as the next coach of the Cowboys.
  4. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

12,682 Messages
    1,608 Likes Received
    IF....that works out I would wear a Michigan cap for a week. I could not explain the joy in which that would bring us.....the Dallas fans.
  5. Cogan

Cogan Well-Known Member

1,559 Messages
    48 Likes Received
    I don't know if we would want a Parcells clone to follow his footsteps. Normally, players are more apt to be receptive to a coach who is the antithesis of his predecessor.

Miami offensive coordinator Scott Linehan would be the perfect fit for this team. I did an article on him for KFFL, & this guy is incredible at working w/QBs & turning them into world-beaters. Just watch, he will do the same in Miami, whenever they get a real QB...haha. Seriously, we need someone who can come in here & work with the two backups, & teach them his secrets. They both have the tools, and I'm sure he could bring at least one of them up to starting quality within 1 1/2- 2 years.

Just a few QBs who have flourished under his tutelage: Doug Nussmeier, who broke almost all of Idaho's passing records, & won the '93 Walter Payton Award, Brock Huard, Dave Ragone, Chris Redman, & Daunte Culpepper. That's why I would love to have him here to bring one of our proteges along. That way, we have a quality QB waiting in the wings when Bledsoe steps down.
    Plus, the players will love this guy. I love the run as much as any Cowboys fan, but it sure would be nice to have a great passing game to watch.
  6. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

12,259 Messages
    318 Likes Received
    I think its clear itll be Zimmer
  7. Cogan

Cogan Well-Known Member

1,559 Messages
    48 Likes Received
    :lmao: I love it! Bring back Chan Gailey.
  8. 5mics

5mics Next Year's Champions

1,827 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wouldn't rule out Sean Payton as a potential replacement once Tuna calls it quits. He's handling the play calling this year so this is a BIG year for him. I, for one, hope Payton does very well and becomes the next Cowboys coach.....
  9. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,228 Messages
    260 Likes Received
    Go Cowboys!