1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Our Next Coach????? ST - He'd be Weis to ignore the hype

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by k19, Sep 16, 2005.

1. k19

k19 Active Member

2,958 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Anyone in THE NE area catch this..............

If Weiss had lost he would have owed Brady a Case of Beer. :p:
  2. CactusCowboy

CactusCowboy Benched

1,861 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He would be great and hopefully would stop this Bob ( overated) Stoops talk....and I am an OU grad.
  3. dragon_mikal

dragon_mikal Darth Jones strikes again! Zone Supporter

4,947 Messages
    992 Likes Received
    I couldn't agree more. If Bob Stoops ever became coach of this team we would be doomed. Everything Bill has done would be ruined.

SAY NO TO BOB STOOPS.

On the other hand, I would love having Charlie as the next coach of the Cowboys.
  4. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,023 Messages
    407 Likes Received
    IF....that works out I would wear a Michigan cap for a week. I could not explain the joy in which that would bring us.....the Dallas fans.
  5. Cogan

Cogan Active Member

1,479 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    I don't know if we would want a Parcells clone to follow his footsteps. Normally, players are more apt to be receptive to a coach who is the antithesis of his predecessor.

Miami offensive coordinator Scott Linehan would be the perfect fit for this team. I did an article on him for KFFL, & this guy is incredible at working w/QBs & turning them into world-beaters. Just watch, he will do the same in Miami, whenever they get a real QB...haha. Seriously, we need someone who can come in here & work with the two backups, & teach them his secrets. They both have the tools, and I'm sure he could bring at least one of them up to starting quality within 1 1/2- 2 years.

Just a few QBs who have flourished under his tutelage: Doug Nussmeier, who broke almost all of Idaho's passing records, & won the '93 Walter Payton Award, Brock Huard, Dave Ragone, Chris Redman, & Daunte Culpepper. That's why I would love to have him here to bring one of our proteges along. That way, we have a quality QB waiting in the wings when Bledsoe steps down.
    Plus, the players will love this guy. I love the run as much as any Cowboys fan, but it sure would be nice to have a great passing game to watch.
  6. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,842 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    I think its clear itll be Zimmer
  7. Cogan

Cogan Active Member

1,479 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    :lmao: I love it! Bring back Chan Gailey.
  8. 5mics

5mics Next Year's Champions

1,827 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wouldn't rule out Sean Payton as a potential replacement once Tuna calls it quits. He's handling the play calling this year so this is a BIG year for him. I, for one, hope Payton does very well and becomes the next Cowboys coach.....
  9. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,161 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    Go Cowboys!