1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Over/Under on Testeverde Being Signed This Week To Be The #2 QB..

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by KingTuna, Aug 29, 2005.

1. KingTuna

KingTuna New Member

1,381 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I am starting the line at 50%.....

Do you bet under or over that on the odds of VInny coming back as our #2.

I bet OVER.......
  2. JDSmith

JDSmith New Member

1,669 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No shot that Testaverde is signed this week to be the backup. I'd say the odds are 100:1 against him being signed by us at all this season.
  3. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,359 Messages
    559 Likes Received
    This is pointless. I won't even bet because it will not happen. Romo is servicable at the very least if Bledsoe goes down. Parcells and Jones have enough confidence in him. I do too for that matter.
  4. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Someone will have to explain to me the black helicopter theory as to why Parcells would go this long with Romo and Henson, and then wait until one of them has a good performance to sign Testeverde.

I'll also need the black helicopter explaination as to why Parcells supposedly doesn't play young players. Should I start going down the list?
  5. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,594 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    I'm not a gambler so I'm not sure what an over/under bet is, but I think I bet UNDER because I think there is significantly less than a 50% chance Vinnie comes back. At least until if/when Bledsoe gets injured.
  6. RedLine

RedLine Member

848 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Not going to happen.
  7. Vertigo_17

Vertigo_17 Well-Known Member

2,260 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    If Vinny was coming - he'd already be here on the roster. Unless they're waiting for the season the begin to avoid guaranteeing his salary for the season.

I hope he stays retired :)
  8. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

20,735 Messages
    915 Likes Received
    I would like an explanation as to why a guy that has been at best a career average QB, who is 6 seasons removed from a good season, who is notorious for being a slow starter in need of lots of reps, missed all of training camp and three pre-season games is even considered as an option to be the #2 back up. I just don't see that as the best option for the development of this team in the long run or even the short run.
  9. JackMagist

JackMagist The Great Communicator

5,726 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Vinny is history. Henson is still our project for the future and Romo is looking like a real pro...why the HELL would we want Vinny back?
  10. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    VT is over 42

Not coming back.
  11. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,906 Messages
    1,297 Likes Received
    How old is warren moon?
  12. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

36,584 Messages
    3,333 Likes Received
    If they were to bring him back it would be after week one at this point in time IMO. I wouldn't say rule it out but Romo is looking more and more like a servicable number two. Marginally though. I'd be more comfortable with VT if Bledsoe went down for more than two games. I'd feel more comfortable with Romo for a short hiatus.
  13. Banned_n_austin

Banned_n_austin Benched

5,834 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    It won't happen. Romo has earned Bill's confidence at this point.

200 to 1 odds - at least.
  14. CactusCowboy

CactusCowboy Benched

1,861 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Will not happen!
  15. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,349 Messages
    801 Likes Received
    Wow. What a great idea. Jettison Henson so we can sign a 42 year old. Henson may not be very good right now but he's be just as effective sitting on the bench as Vinny.
  16. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,884 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    0% chance because if he signs and is there for the first game you guarantee 100% of his base salary for the year.
  17. ·[A]koN·

·[A]koN· New Member

178 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    no ..no no..Not happening!!
  18. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,844 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    I was going to say what I thought, but it looks like everyone agrees so Ill go the other way.

Lets sign Testaverde!!
  19. Canadian BoyzFan

Canadian BoyzFan Active Member

3,315 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I'd gladly lay out a few bucks on this kind of a wager. No way we sign VT prior to the season starting.
  20. PaEagleHater

PaEagleHater New Member

252 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Over 42? Is thea the over under on Vinny's interceptions if he does come back?