1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Overall thoughts

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by blackbull, Sep 8, 2013.

1. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    Will Allen is a bum. I heard all the garbage cliches about this guy which happened to be assumptions. (He's the qb of the secondary. He lines everyone up. Savvy vet). Well if he lines people up how is HE the one who didn't get the call? Wilcox right now is better than him. Period.

Why does Harris get so disrespected? He's clearly better than Williams and he's a tough kid. It makes no sense how he gets overlooked.

Church- do people still want to doubt him? Forget measurables, he can play and is another player who deserves more respect from the fan base.

Selvie- Spencer is on notice.
    Oline- give them a B grade in pass blocking and C- in run blocking. Love Frederick.

Lee and Carter......nothing needs to be said.

Claiborne- almost fed up with him. There is no next year for him. He needs to show some kind of legit playmaking ability this year.

The offensive philosophy is just bad. Players running the same route, letting dez get taken out of the game. I hope something changes with that.
    Muhast likes this.
  2. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

10,238 Messages
    1,718 Likes Received
    Agree with just about everything, but Allen had an INT to balance out his blown coverage. Its the first game under a new system; let's give it a while....
  3. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

44,104 Messages
    1,338 Likes Received
    The blown coverages will repeat itself. The INT likely will not.
    blackbull likes this.
  4. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,390 Messages
    646 Likes Received
    Agree in Harris. He is light years ahead of Williams at this point.
    Muhast and links18 like this.
  5. sbark

sbark Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,786 Messages
    278 Likes Received
    Notice JJ Wilcox on the blown coverage play, dang near run it down from the other S spot.........
    blackbull and Muhast like this.
  6. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    Dez was double teamed all night long.
  7. links18

10,238 Messages
    1,718 Likes Received
    Not so positive tonight?
  8. theogt

44,104 Messages
    1,338 Likes Received
    I remember when people were so mad they kept giving Miles Austin chances when Sam Hurd was so much more polished (plus he was a special teamer!!!).
  9. theogt

44,104 Messages
    1,338 Likes Received
    Eh...I absolutely hated that 4th quarter. Just stunk all around. Bad O-line play. Bad secondary play. It all tasted too familiar.

And I don't get worked up over lucky turnovers.
  10. pugilist

pugilist dwarecwby311

2,720 Messages
    841 Likes Received
    Doug Free has the strength and balance of a used kleenex. How embarrassing for him to get knocked down like that

6 turnovers by the defense including a goal line stand to hold them to a FG from the 1 yd line. And I see alot of whining about how they almost choked it away at the end. No, you can put that on the ineptitude of the offense for not capitalizing on those turnovers

Harris needs more reps. Either that or completely replace him with Williams on the depth chart until he can prove he knows his hot reads
  11. blackbull

blackbull Well-Known Member

1,284 Messages
    206 Likes Received
    On the second Cruz td he arrived late. He's just garbage to me and a backup. I'm just glad the (qb of the secondary) myth died on nat tv.

And Williams prob will end up better than Harris, but it won't be this year.
  12. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

5,297 Messages
    586 Likes Received
    that was a well designed play by the giants - and he was hit in the side by someone moving at full speed
    Titleist and CowboyStar88 like this.
  13. Staubacher

Staubacher Well-Known Member

2,627 Messages
    2,516 Likes Received
    Free ans Bern were terrible at times. We did good to win this one without Waters. He will be a huuuuge help
  14. links18

10,238 Messages
    1,718 Likes Received
    How Doug Free is still starting is beyond me. Parnell must really stink.
  15. links18

10,238 Messages
    1,718 Likes Received
    Romosexual says there are no such things as lucky turnovers (And yes, I am trying to start something). :D
  16. Jammer

Jammer Retired Air Force Guy Zone Supporter

3,120 Messages
    172 Likes Received
    I am in total agreement with this statement.
  17. theogt

44,104 Messages
    1,338 Likes Received
    Well, the guy created a screenname of "romosexual" so that pretty muchs sums it up.
  18. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,602 Messages
    1,023 Likes Received
    David Wilson, declared by the media as almost unstoppable coming into this game, had 7 carries for 19 yards and lost two fumbles.
    Boom and pugilist like this.
  19. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

6,282 Messages
    710 Likes Received
    Hmmm-Romo says he has had no Xrays so far and will have one tomorrow.is this standard procedure?
  20. Jenky

Jenky Well-Known Member

3,429 Messages
    873 Likes Received

Yeah, when I saw that play in real time I thought to my self Free sucks so bad. Then when I saw the re-play, I noticed that Free totally got blind sided by the linebacker. He was looking toward the outside defender who was holding contain and the inside line backer blitzes the crap out of him.