1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Owens tweets he will play in IFL

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Doomsday101, Jan 19, 2012.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,307 Messages
    3,036 Likes Received
    Terrell Owens announced he is making his football comeback with a return to Texas, but fans will have to head inside to see the former Cowboys wide receiver.

Owens tweeted late Wednesday that he is joining the Allen Wranglers of the 16-team Indoor Football League, advising his online followers to "getcha popcorn ready."

"Uh oh, it's official. It just went down. I am headed back to Texas," he said in a video uploaded via his Twitter page. "That's right. IFL, here I come. ... Allen Texas, I'll see you in the end zone."

Owens, 38, will join as a player and a part-owner with the team's 14-game season set to start late next month.

His first competitive indoor outing was scheduled Feb. 25 against Wichita Wild at the Allen Event Center, which is based around 30 miles (48 kilometers) northwest of Cowboys Stadium.

Owens was in line to receive between $250,000 and $500,000 as part of his contract with the Wranglers, according to a statement on the team's website in November.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/terrell-owens-tweets-he-will-join-indoor-football-league-011912
  2. Sam I Am

Sam I Am Unfriendly and Aloof!

31,004 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I expect him to get injured in his first game back. Probably break a hip. :eek::
  3. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,252 Messages
    1,578 Likes Received
  4. Kangaroo

Kangaroo Active Member

9,893 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I guess he is desperate for for attention
  5. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,464 Messages
    1,029 Likes Received
    Well if he can get paid to do it and believes he'll have fun doing it then more power to him.
  6. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    T.O. part owner? :lmao2:
  7. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
  8. InmanRoshi

InmanRoshi Zone Scribe

18,334 Messages
    79 Likes Received
    Of course, to regret something means you have to actually take accountability for it. His ugly blowups with his employers/teammates? Their fault. His bad reputation? The media's fault. Being broke a year removed from a fifteen year NFL career? Someone else didn't handle the money right. Not being involved in his kids' lives? The baby mommas won't let him. His narcissism has so far removed him from accepting any kind of responsibility that he can't even get the help he needs after two suicide attempts, because he believes it would be some admittance of fault or sign of weakness on himself. It was the assistant's error and/or a "bad reaction to the medication".
  9. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

11,283 Messages
    573 Likes Received
    Let it go, El Dorado. Let it go.
  10. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,380 Messages
    2,795 Likes Received
    He's broke.
  11. Fritsch_the_cat

Fritsch_the_cat Well-Known Member

778 Messages
    412 Likes Received
    Good. That's what he gets for dissin' our star.
  12. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,675 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    why hate he did good here
  13. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I know it won't happen but I'd love to see him play defense and tackle :laugh1: