1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

P. Manning INT vs Romo's INT

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by HoustonSucks, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,586 Messages
    2,243 Likes Received
    These threads really get old.

People follow Dallas and hear everything about the team be it good or bad. They don't follow other teams to the same extent so odds are they miss a lot of praise and criticism alike.

I get it though, seems like Dallas gets a lot of negativity, Romo in particular.

That said, I just wish for a day when we actually validate the Dallas QB based on his own accomplishments, not on the shortcomings of other QBs around the league.
  2. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,584 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    Agree with this. I get annoyed with the mental midgets that blame Romo no matter what. He sure as hell deserves some of the blame, but lets not act like the cowboys of today have the talent of the cowboys of the 90's. The teams have been bad, and have been in position to fight for a playoff spot in large part because of Romo.

But yeah, he played like crap vs the Skins. But he wasn't the only reason we lost.
  3. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,470 Messages
    2,327 Likes Received
    Every time a big time QB tosses a pick this thread appears. No offense, but Romo is what he is and trying to cut the feet out from under a QB that is considered one of the best in the game doesn't elevate Romo.
  4. Yoshimitsu

Yoshimitsu Lurch

2,135 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    You are ignorant. How many SB apperences has Brady had? Jeez you cannot be serious. Talking about he is a cheater. That's childish.
  5. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,859 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    Have fun finding a post of mine that has blamed Romo.
  6. CowboyChris

CowboyChris Well-Known Member

2,896 Messages
    160 Likes Received
    Joe is the best i ever saw
  7. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,511 Messages
    682 Likes Received
    Manning has been to the playoffs 12 times, with 8 1st round exits.

Brady has the most playoff wins of all time, 3 rings and 5 SB appearances.
  8. Yoshimitsu

Yoshimitsu Lurch

2,135 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    This team never gets a big play from anybody. Romo, the defense, or special teams. Nobody ever steps up. That's why we have no success in the playoffs or in do or die games.
  9. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,584 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    I know I'm in the minority but I'd vote for Elway.
  10. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,292 Messages
    431 Likes Received
    Quite a few of them against Bellicheat and company too.

See above. Don't care. All wins by 3 pts or less due to their field goal kicker.
  11. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

10,178 Messages
    843 Likes Received
    Same.
  12. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,156 Messages
    1,932 Likes Received
    I love Elway but I gotta go with Joe cool. 4-0 in the big one.
  13. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

6,470 Messages
    2,327 Likes Received
    Herm Edwards was on the radio at 6 in the morning on Wednesday talking about the play-offs. I think it was the Mike and Mike show. He made a point that it seemed the show was following. They had three issues where they graded for the play-offs of each team.

Quarterback
    Head Coach
    Defense

Using this grading system, and it was individual and then I assumed added together, they did predictions.

Edwards made a point about the quarterback. It is a unique position where he handles the ball on every offensive snap. Obvious the wildcat and punting/field goals is the only time he doesn't.

Because of this, the quarterbacl has a much larger hand in the team win than any other player.

No late breaking news here, but I think this comes into play on this subject.

I keep seeing the excuses made about Romo. And to a degree I make the same ones.

Perhaps in a different way.

I think the late game interceptions have to do with Romo's intellect and his mindset that he can overcome anything. To the point of making ill-advised throws because he either panics or truly over values his ability.

My contention is if you get a running game, and play the clock and scoreboard, and stay away from situations where Romo has to do too much, this guy will win.

In other words, Romo should be considered a bus driver.

So the OC should look at what he's got and then structure the offense to thrive on the run, clock control, and staying away from the little things that get Romo in trouble.

That probably is the book on all quarterbacks except a few.

Romo is not Brady and regardless of the team surrounding him he never will be Brady. Nor Peyton, Rodgers, Brees and to some degree Eli, Big Ben.

That doesn't mean he can't win it all. But for Romo it has to be closer to a perfect storm than some on that list.

He's still terrific. But he is a weaker Favre who got his championship because Holmgren put him in position to do so with a stout defense.

One last point. I like Romo and am glad he is the QB of this team.
  14. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,511 Messages
    682 Likes Received
    :bow:
  15. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,292 Messages
    431 Likes Received
    Romo isn't Favre. The media made the comparison because he's from Wisconsin and claimed Favre was his favorite QB. The latter isn't true. It is Montana.

Romo has plenty of game winning drives in the 4th quarter. He doesn't choke. The problem is, he can only do so much when the competition gets stiffer, just like any other QB. They have to have a team around them that helps.

The same people who call Romo a "choker" are often times the same people who think Jerry Jones can't run a football organization (I'm not saying you're one of them). Which one is it? Wouldn't the latter have more implications than the former?
  16. DallasDomination

DallasDomination Well-Known Member

6,509 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    Good lord only here would some delusional fans compare Romo to Manning. Just stop and save face. What next Romo is more clutch than Brady because he has a good 4rth qtr rating. Get a clue people.:rolleyes:
  17. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,165 Messages
    4,605 Likes Received
    How many NFL Championships did Johnny U win with him being on the field or winning most of the reg season games?
  18. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,051 Messages
    2,285 Likes Received
    A coach that could adjust would help too.

Our offense is so rhythm oriented that when its thrown off we're basically done.

What we did well was play shotgun & no huddle but Garrett wouldn't go down swinging with that. He stuck with what failed us all season.
  19. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

28,051 Messages
    2,285 Likes Received
    Dunno. Ask Monte Kiffin.
  20. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

7,093 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    I will say that both Romo's and Peyton's Int's that the defender made a great play.

I think that gets overlooked sometimes as well!

Peyton's pass was a bit behind and Romo put too much air under it but the defenders did a great job!