1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

P Squad

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Future, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Future

Future Intramural Legend

16,533 Messages
    1,797 Likes Received
    Who do you all think will be the guys put on the practice squad, its probably too early to tell. But like it was said somewhere else, guys like Pepper Johnson and Tyson Thompson, if they go to the P squad they will probably be gone. I think they are too valuable to lose. Same thing as either crowder/copper, one of those two will probably put on it and could very well be picked up.

what other guys would be possible psquad?
  2. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,876 Messages
    1,478 Likes Received
    Crowder won't be picked up another team? He is still a player without a position. Teams want guys that can at least be viable back up as well as contribute to special teams. I think he is a very good candidate for the PS.

I don't know the full rules of placing players on the PS. Copper played quite a bit last season. I think if he played too much, he isn't eligible to be placed on the squad.

There will probably be aan offensive lineman or two placed on the PS. Don't know which ones, but is good to develop some young guys there.
  3. Billy Bullocks

Billy Bullocks Active Member

4,075 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I dont know if Thompson would make it to the practice squad. Something about a guy whos 6'2 200+ who runs as fast as he does. Especially after he picked up 60+ yards against Zona. If someone wants Reshard Lee, theyll take Thompson too.
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,417 Messages
    3,745 Likes Received
    With Barber nursing a foot injury he will not play this sat so Thompson will get another chance to make a case for himself. In the end I see Dallas only keeping 3 so Thompson needs to show the zona game was no fluke.
  5. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,289 Messages
    240 Likes Received
    John Condo
    Tony Curtis
    Reggie Harrell
    Jamaica Rector
    Tarullo
    Van Hoy
    Some QB from somewhere.
  6. DBoys

DBoys New Member

4,713 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think Copper and Crowder would make it to the practice squad.

Ratliff, Johnson, Thompson, Barber would be gobbled up like turkey on Thanksgiving Day.

Those players you keep they have to much upside
  7. joseephuss

21,876 Messages
    1,478 Likes Received
    What happened to QB Dustin Long? I thought the Cowboys looked at him in the spring.
  8. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,289 Messages
    240 Likes Received
    He probably went back to where he came from....like Kirk Farmer. :D
  9. joseephuss

21,876 Messages
    1,478 Likes Received
    Hadn't heard that name in a while. I am not a Long fan since he sucked at A&M, but I knew a few posters(trickblue) followed him at SHSU.
  10. The Fonz

The Fonz Correctamundo

1,376 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Pepper Johnson, Crowder, Ratliff,and Tyson Thompson NO way u let them go
    the all have upside. the will be picked up by someone right away it will be a crazy move