1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Pa. Sen. Specter to oppose card check

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by trickblue, Mar 24, 2009.

1. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,790 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    I still wouldn't be surprised if he caved...
    Link

Pa. Sen. Specter to oppose card check
    By SAM HANANEL
    Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) -
    Sen. Arlen Specter has told a business lobbying group he will vote against a bill that makes it easier for workers to form unions.

The Pennsylvania Republican's decision is a major blow to organized labor's efforts to pass the Employee Free Choice Act this year.

Specter was the only Republican to support the bill two years ago. Unions were counting on him as the crucial 60th vote needed to overcome an expected GOP filibuster of the measure when it's taken up later this summer.

Specter informed John Engler, head of the National Association of Manufacturers, of his decision to oppose the bill.
  2. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    is this the guy so gung-ho over Roger GOodell?
  3. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,295 Messages
    191 Likes Received
    Good the last thing we need is more unions. They use to be desperately needed now they just force employers to overpay for meanial labor.
  4. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received

Agreed. They don't do a blasted thing for you. I am required to be part of a union in order to work for the State of Alaska. Its the AFSCME union. One of the biggest and probably the worst union on the planet. All they due is jack our dues and that's it. Oh they want to say they are for the employee, but i have worked long enough to figure them out. It's just a joke. Meanwhile they get fat and rich off each and every one of us.

We have tried to vote them out a time or 2, but they just take everyone to court and tie things up, then work the back channels to get a vote and shmooze employees over until they are sure they won't get a bad vote.

It is pathetic.

They endorse whoever they wish too, that bothers me. They never poll the membership on who the union should back as far as elections go. It's always pro democrat and I mean ALWAYS pro democrat.

Unions are pathetic nowadays. They make it so hard for employers to get business done.
  5. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,344 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think he's feeling the pressure from the right.

Currently he's trailing Pat Toomey by double digits in a potential primary.
  6. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,790 Messages
    236 Likes Received
    I agree... and he knows this time he is in real danger of losing his seat...

Besides that, I always felt his hair was inappropriate for a senator...

[IMG]
  7. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,587 Messages
    1,540 Likes Received
    Good Point Trick. Maybe Semi-Pro Basketball?

[IMG]
  8. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

5,672 Messages
    595 Likes Received
    Is that Richard Simmons?
  9. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,344 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Phil Spector