1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

PA Senate Race Primary Prediction

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by BulletBob, Apr 27, 2004.

1. StanleySpadowski

StanleySpadowski Active Member

4,815 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That just goes to show how unintelligent the electorate is. Scott Paterno's campaign may have been the worst run fiasco in PA history and that's says something. Name recognition alone.
  2. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Very true. The name is what carried the day in both races as well. Again like I said the Bush support would have made the Toomey race a landslide. But now we have to go to work and make sure that Spector gets re-elected to the Senate. Here is a prediction that you won't know about for a few years. This will be Spectors last term.
  3. StanleySpadowski

4,815 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We all know that this is Specter's last term, that's why some of us fought so hard against him. His votes will be even more outrageous now, knowing that he's a lame duck. A party change wouldn't even surprise me.
  4. BulletBob

BulletBob The Godfather

2,167 Messages
    63 Likes Received
    Wow, guys, thanks for the play-by-play. Although I'm a political junkie, I ran outta gas at about 11:30 and went to bed when it was a 2-point race.

I enjoyed all of your insights. Hey, Cajun, what state's Republican Party are you involved with?

As far as Bush support for Toomey, didn't I read early on that the RNC was putting a ton of pressure on Toomey to pull out?

Well, whatever the case, Karl & Co. are breathing a sigh of relief this morning.

Lastly, Broke, while Kerry could theoretically win the White house without PA, most of the pundits are saying that it would be a minor miracle. On the flip-side, Ohio is a must-win for Bush as well.
  5. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,893 Messages
    4,243 Likes Received

Sorry...Can't help myself.

[IMG]
  6. StanleySpadowski

4,815 Messages
    0 Likes Received

You win ......absolutely nothing......You a loser.
  7. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,344 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I haven't lived in PA for about 9 years, but were people really upset with Santorum?

I don't know if you could expect Rick to do anything else. Specter has helped him so much politically over the years it would be a real betrayal for Santorum to not support him... ideology aside. I remember volunteering for Santorum when I was in college for his first Senate campaign against Wofford, and Specter was a huge campaiging and fundraising ally. I don't think he would have ever won if Specter hadn't have helped him so enthusiastically.

I'm a hard-core conservative who can't stand Specter... but I don't hold any ill will towards Santorum for supporting him. It shows loyalty and class in my opinion. Santorum is still one of my favorites.
  8. StanleySpadowski

4,815 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The problem was more with how Santorum was used. When the Specter campaign used Santorum's endorsement in an ad, it was almost always as a tag to soften another of his attack ads.

It hurt a lot on the right edge that Santorum condoned its usage in this way.
  9. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

60,893 Messages
    4,243 Likes Received

You get to drink from the Fire Hose.

Very underated and funny movie.
  10. Brokejumper

Brokejumper New Member

138 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You are probably right on this... most any scenario that has Bush winning PA or Kerry winning Ohio probably results in a win for that canidate in any case. I suppose that my point was that the battle grounds have been so tight and the several factors seem to be trending against recent past that predictions will be tough.

The unemployment in the Midwest may trump the war and social issues against Bush. Likewise, rally-around-the pres might dump Kerry in places where he would normally do better.

If today's poll is any indication, Bush had better hope that Nader stays in on his vanity campaign. If so, Democrats can cry-Perot and the Bush boys can have their revenge.
  11. StanleySpadowski

4,815 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Everyone please understand that that quote is from a movie. I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea.( It does sound terrible out of context).
  12. marsbennett

marsbennett Mars Man

1,068 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Kerry is not electable....The Democratic party blew its chances not nominating John Edwards.
  13. Brokejumper

Brokejumper New Member

138 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I tend to agree with you.. but then again Kerry's honorable service in Vietnam is a plus and I would bet that $50 million in attacks would have hurt Edwards too.

Besides, if Nader is not in this, and God only knows why he is... Kerry has a 2-3% lead after taking Bush's first big volly of attack ads.

I think to win, Kerry and co will need to articulate their message beyond just getting rid of Bush.... But then again, it should scare, and maybe sober, conservatives that a simple message of "not Bush" is drawing something like 50%.
  14. Ben_n_austin111

Ben_n_austin111 Benched

734 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I am sorry to hear about your prediction Bullet.

Rush says you should still vote for Specter, regardless of what a scumbag he is.

Just as long as you don't vote Democrat. :eek:
  15. Ben_n_austin111

Ben_n_austin111 Benched

734 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    A lot will change when John Edwards is the VP nominee.

How hard of a choice is that?

John Edwards or Dick Cheney?

The choice is very clear.
  16. Ben_n_austin111

Ben_n_austin111 Benched

734 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I find it funny to see CajunCowboy "flip-flopping" on the subject of posting political topics or not, political topics or not, political topics or not.

Talk about hypocracy. :rolleyes:

Funny.
  17. Ben_n_austin111

Ben_n_austin111 Benched

734 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Broke, you should have heard me last weekend...

I went to the Bob Marley festival here in Austin because I appreciate music and local bands here..

On my way in, some Green Party people approched me to sign a petition to get Nader on the ballot.

I already voted in the primaries so my signature wouldn't count even if I were to support Nader now...

Anyways, the girl said "would you sign here. It's to get Nader on the ballot".

I said, "What are you trying to do, get Bush re-elected".

I was kinda joking with then....

They started raising their clip boards and saying "that's just the attitude blah blah blah"--" %$#%@!# John Kerry" this and that.

I said, "get real"..." you're not even close to being realistic. You're making things worse by doing what your doing"-- "Nader is a beyotch"--"Nader is a scum for running in this election"-- " We have to get Bush out before anyone like Nader has a chance" --"Quit smoking crack" etc. etc..

I must have embarrassed a couple of my friends because half of them didn't find us until the festival was half way over.

I still don't know if he got enough signatures, but I figure that the time I spent arguing my point, which I have already voted on, that it kept them from getting a signature or two on their clipboards.

Those Green party people are quite the characters and they've got some tempers on them too.
  18. StanleySpadowski

4,815 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Great thread going until the clueless one made an appearance.

Why do some people openly degrade this board on another yet still post here?
  19. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I stopped posting on the other board. When this one started I said that I would go back to defending my position. To bad you missed it. If you are so concerned with flip flops I suggest you vote for Nader. You would want to be a hypocrite by voting for Kerry no would you Benny boy? Plus one more thing. Your just upset because I have the ammo and the wherewithall to prove you guys on the left wrong. I'm Baaaaaaaack. So don't mess with me. :p
  20. Cajuncowboy

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Yeah, who left the door open?