1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

PA Senate Race Primary Prediction

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by BulletBob, Apr 27, 2004.

1. BulletBob

BulletBob The Godfather

2,171 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    Oh, yeah. Great point, Ben. I had forgotten how many presidential candidacies were pulled out in the end by their selection of a running mate.

Boy, I hope that Rove and company are prepared for that one.
  2. BulletBob

BulletBob The Godfather

2,171 Messages
    66 Likes Received
    Know what, Broke? Just between you and me (don't tell Ben). As much as I like to argue the issues, and as much of a political junkie as I like to think I am, this is the first election I can remember, where I don't think that anything either candidate can say will determine the election.

This election is driven purely by two events, over which neither candidate has very much control: Iraq, and the economy. If the economy continues to rebound, and Iraq stabilizes, Bush wins. If the economy takes a U-turn, and Iraq continues to degrade, Kerry wins.

Other than another unforseen event (like another major terror attack on our soil), these two candidates can talk until they're blue in the face - the outcome of events will determine this election.

So, as much as I will enter the fray of issue debate, I fear in the end, it will matter naught.

Now, of course, if Kerry chooses Edwards, all bets are off! :D