1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Packer won a SB with mostly scrubs playing

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by juck, Jul 29, 2011.

1. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,133 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    So can we. Main thing is we win the trench battle and let Romo do his thing. Scrubs are hungry. We went like 5-1 ? with Kitna and scrubs in a lot of positions. Garrett and Ryan know what they need and dont. Trust them
  2. JBell523

JBell523 That's my Quarterback

3,336 Messages
    573 Likes Received
    Please tell me who those scrubs were.

The Packers won because they have a lot of DEPTH and young talent.
  3. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

3,469 Messages
    804 Likes Received
    So now we have "mostly scrubs playing?"

Man, I hope Dallas has enough tampons to keep all of you stocked up for the season.
  4. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,904 Messages
    1,369 Likes Received
    You're very cheerful today. :p
  5. BraveHeartFan

23,904 Messages
    1,369 Likes Received
    Depth that you, and most everyone else watching sports, knew nothing about before last season.

Prior to last season that depth was called question marks by most. Now it's depth because they won.

Weird how things like that work out.

And I'm certainly not saying Dallas has that same situation. I'm not implying that in any way, shape, or form.
  6. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,034 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    ! I want free agents galore! I don't carez what posit!ons they play, juts get dem in herez!

Humor over. I agree with you.
  7. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

3,665 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    Name me one single scrub that played in the superbowl. Just because they had 17 guys on IR doesn't mean half the team was srubs. Even if they were, they are now superbowl champion scrubs which is more than our million dollar stars can say.
  8. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,133 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    Mavs taught me a lesson and shocked the world this year. They beat basically team USA with one superstar and a lot of average to good players. They played together as a team. TEAM ! So if its Barry Church back there he will have to step up and play his part. And so on...
  9. rathalarge

rathalarge Active Member

1,607 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    :bow: :bow:
  10. texbumthelife

texbumthelife Well-Known Member

3,469 Messages
    804 Likes Received
    I am with you. Continuity, cohesion, good coaching and charisma can make up for lack of talent. Add in hard-work and you have yourself a recipe for success.
  11. BraveHeartFan

23,904 Messages
    1,369 Likes Received

There is a ton to be said for learning that football is a team game and not an individuals game.

Don't know if Dallas will come together enough as a team, and win, but there is definately more to being competitive, and winning playoff games, then simply signing one big free agent.
  12. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,133 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    OK lets not use the word scrubs. Lets call them backup unknowns.Whatever makes u feel better. Point is you never heard of half of them until they stepped up and filled holes from injuries.
  13. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    The Packers won because they got hot at the right time, like most other teams.
  14. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,566 Messages
    2,947 Likes Received
    Not true. Because they won the Super Bowl every position on their roster including the 5th CB = ALL PRO.
  15. yentl911

yentl911 Well-Known Member

1,676 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    Please delete this thread. Anyone who says that the Pack won last year with a bunch of scrubs is ********. Period.
  16. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,133 Messages
    85 Likes Received
    Exactly and they showed us they can do that when motivated. And that was with Kitna. Lets make our own star players. They gotta start somewhere. Look at Miles. Mccann for instance has star qualities about him. He makes plays.New England made their own stars during their dynasty.
  17. JBell523

JBell523 That's my Quarterback

3,336 Messages
    573 Likes Received
    Speak for yourself. It's kind of insulting that you would imply that know one knew anything about GB's back-ups before the injuries occured. You're underestimating the intelligence of quite a few people.

I knew GB had a deep rotation on the D-line, and that Desmond Bishop was a talented player at ILB (I wanted us to draft him). So when Cullen Jenkins and Nick Barnett got hurt, they would be able to get by.

At WR most people who follow the NFL know they were really deep at that position.. Even with Finley being out for the year, he still had 4 legit options he could throw to.

At RB losing Grant hurt (Starks was a surprise and filled in nicely), but that offense goes through Rodgers and their passing game anyways.

Contrary to what you or anyone else thinks, they were a deep team and didn't win with a bunch of "scrubs"
  18. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

6,108 Messages
    1,882 Likes Received
    Actually, their Nickel CB, Sam Shields, who was an undrafted FA last year made Peter King's Top 100 Players in the NFL list...

If the 2010 draft we re-done today, he would have been a 1st round pick.

You weren't far off Cas...
  19. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,971 Messages
    471 Likes Received
    We definitely have one of the NFL's more talented teams.
  20. Dale

Dale Forum Architect

4,933 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    No offense juck, you're a fine poster and I'm sure a fine guy. But I'd be embarrassed for fans of other teams to see this thread.