1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Packers’ Josh Sitton calls Lions’ coaches ‘scumbags,’ has more choice words for Jim Schwartz

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by 03EBZ06, Nov 27, 2013.

1. 03EBZ06

03EBZ06 Need2Speed

7,979 Messages
    411 Likes Received
    Nothing like a little spicy appetizer to set up a Thanksgiving rivalry game.

Green Bay Packers offensive guard Josh Sitton left the filter at home when he joined WSSP 1250 Radio in Milwaukee and the topic of the Detroit Lions and their coaches came up.

Sitton was asked if he thought the Lions might issue some cheap shots on an injured Aaron Rodgers (who isn't likely to play in the game), and Sitton didn't hold back.

"Absolutely,” Sitton said. “I don't think there's any question about that. They go after quarterbacks. Their entire defense takes cheap shots all the time, that's what they do, that's who they are. They're a bunch of dirtbags, or scumbags. I mean, that's how they play.”

So there's that ...

Sitton was a first-hand witness to Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh stomping on Packers guard Evan Dietrich-Smith two years ago on Thanksgiving but places more of the blame higher up: with Lions head coach Jim Schwartz.

“It starts with their frickin' coach,” he said. “Starts with the head coach. Schwartz, he's a [expletive], too, I wouldn't want to play for him. ... Starts with him, their D-coordinator [Gunther Cunningham] and their D-line coach [Kris Kocurek]. They're all just scumbags, and so are the D-line.”

To hear the video and the rest ---> http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...oaches-scumbags-more-014942290--nfl.html?vp=1
  2. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,914 Messages
    1,505 Likes Received
    I agree. Schwartz is scummy. He learned from Jeff Fisher who is scummy who in turn learned from Buddy Ryan who is the epitome of scumbag.
    Illini88228 likes this.
  3. bark

bark Well-Known Member

2,711 Messages
    1,237 Likes Received
    He said what a lot of people have been thinking
  4. landroverking

landroverking Well-Known Member

1,567 Messages
    250 Likes Received
    Schwartz is a time bomb. Sooner or later he will hurt his team
    Can't get out of his own way. I love seeing melt down.
  5. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Well-Known Member

4,483 Messages
    308 Likes Received
    I still laugh when I think back to Schwartz trying to pick a fight with Jim Harbaugh a few years ago. Harbaugh gave Schwartz a firm slap on the back during the post game, and then Schwartz went after him. How was Harbaugh's act much different than Schwartz flinging his headset down after beating the Cowboys this season?
  6. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

4,358 Messages
    1,337 Likes Received
    This made the game that much more interesting. I have to think it was not a wise decision to say this just before a game. It didn't help the Giants.
  7. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,914 Messages
    1,505 Likes Received
    It isn't. The difference is one guy gets results. Schwarts has done the headset thing a couple of times. The guy is a tool.
  8. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    I don't have a horse in this race either way, BUT.....it sure makes the game today more interesting. Suh and Fairley are CLASSIC hot and cold guys. They've been completely unmotivated in losses the last 2 weeks. Getcha popcorn ready!!!!
  9. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

4,358 Messages
    1,337 Likes Received
    So far Sitton has looked stout on the line from what I've seen. The sack by the Lions was not his fault. Interesting match-up to watch.
  10. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,673 Messages
    9,901 Likes Received
    When I saw Schwartz try to taunt Dez Bryant last year on the sidelines, I pretty much was convinced he lacked any class.
  11. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,682 Messages
    314 Likes Received
    I thought Fisher learned from Jack Pardee or something like that.
  12. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,205 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    kinda went how I thought it would.....not well for the Pack.....the GB Olineman should've shut his pie hole
  13. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

6,213 Messages
    2,014 Likes Received
    I hate the Lions.
  14. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,864 Messages
    2,342 Likes Received

i want us to play the lions in the playoffs this year and beat them
  15. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Well-Known Member

4,483 Messages
    308 Likes Received
    I would love to face them also. That team is so mistake prone, but the Packers simply couldn't make them pay for it.
    visionary likes this.