1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Packers Cheerleader responds to cyber-bullying

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Muhast, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Muhast

Muhast Newo

7,472 Messages
    174 Likes Received
  2. CliffnMesquite

CliffnMesquite Well-Known Member

4,261 Messages
    111 Likes Received
  3. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,790 Messages
    1,180 Likes Received
    The Bears site took her pic down today.
  4. speedkilz88

20,790 Messages
    1,180 Likes Received
    If she were your daughter I bet you would.
  5. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,103 Messages
    2,313 Likes Received
    She went about it the right way, in my opinion. She didn't threaten a law suit. Instead, she brought public pressure against the page. Kudos to her.
  6. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    What? Are you serious?
  7. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,531 Messages
    2,217 Likes Received
    These videos where people sit there and hold up sheet after sheet of paper are really starting to wear out their welcome. I've seen more than enough to lose patience in them at this point.
  8. speedkilz88

20,790 Messages
    1,180 Likes Received
    I could see someone saying that before they finished watching it, even I kind of rolled my eyes at the beginning (not realizing she too was being bullied) but after watching it you see that it's a way these girls get the courage to let people know that they are being bullied on the internet.
  9. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,531 Messages
    2,217 Likes Received
    That's cool with me if this is the sort of thing that would get people to speak out in situations that they otherwise wouldn't.

I just think it's a little dramatic for this scenario. As I said, I've seen others and some of them have been tragic. Having seen the others, I won't deny that I read the article, watched a little bit of the video and then questioned if this was the type of video that someone should make in response to this scenario. In that regard, perhaps I'm guilty of drawing a comparison between the two that I shouldn't.

People called her ugly and a bunch of idiots did the typical internet thing in one-upping the next guy and posting stuff just for a reaction. I don't think she's ugly. The initial posting said something along the lines of the Packers having the worst cheerleaders in the NFL which in itself is kind of a joke. That's almost like asking which state has the ugliest representative in the Miss America pageant?

She's not ugly and dare I say that if she were, nobody would have noticed or thought a single thing about it if they had noticed. But, because she's a cute girl with a nice smile everyone applauds.
  10. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,671 Messages
    1,191 Likes Received
    Good for her.

I love how tough people act on the internet. Its hilarious how much bravado and tough guy act they have when they know they're safe and secure in the fact that they don't have to face anyone they're mouthing off to.

The kind of people who do that I'd love to see how they'd react if they were forced to be in the room with people they talked smack to, or about, online. I'd be willing to be about 99.9% of them would piss themselves.
  11. CowboyGil

CowboyGil Well-Known Member

1,168 Messages
    338 Likes Received
    I think she did it with signs because she would probably start crying if she started talking about it. Good to know MOST Bears fans are nice people. That song though. "You raise me up"? REALLY?? Are they going to raise you DOWN?? Sorry, had to get that off my chest.:D
  12. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

3,123 Messages
    360 Likes Received
    Is this because of Facebook? If it is some people just need to deactivate their accounts or make it totally private.
  13. speedkilz88

20,790 Messages
    1,180 Likes Received
    Did you see the pic that was being used on the Bears fan site? Not a flattering pic.(posted below) Also from what I've read the Packers don't have (professional) cheerleaders like the Cowboys. They simply allow local college cheerleaders (male and female) form a cheer squad.

[IMG]
  14. Shunpike

Shunpike Active Member

762 Messages
    168 Likes Received
    They removed the pic from facebook and left below message.

15. Jammer

Jammer Retired Air Force Guy Zone Supporter

3,049 Messages
    138 Likes Received
    She roots for the GB Packers, she should expect to get bullied.
  16. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,105 Messages
    1,378 Likes Received
    I agree, they would.

I hate bullying at any level, in any form.

I'm not sure what satisfaction people get from making fun of others.

But another thing that bothers me, is that this girl would let that get to her.

I know it is different for a girl, but I wish her confidence was such that she just laughed this off.

She is not ugly, not by a long shot.

If someone calls me green, I don't care because I know I'm not green.

I wish she would just shrug it off.

I really don't care what others are saying about me. Heck, maybe they are saying things about me on Facebook or Twitter, I'm not on those so I could not care less.

She should just rise above these losers, and move on.

Maybe she did, and only made the video to help others.
  17. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,209 Messages
    1,252 Likes Received
    If that's the pic, then this thing is really stupid.

We've all been put down before.

The pic is not even a pic of the girl in the video.

Somebody calls you ugly they have the right to their opinion. Doesn't mean I have to like it. And I have the right to ignore it or the right to make sure I don't ever deal with that person again.

If that's the pic and this girl is crying bullying...she really doesn't know what bullying is and is doing a disservice to the people that actually get bullied.

YR
  18. speedkilz88

20,790 Messages
    1,180 Likes Received
    It's suppose to be her.(see articles) And you don't know what cyber bullying is and do a disservice to compassionate human beings.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...es-facebook-cyberbullying-223252996--nfl.html

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ful-facebook-bullying-answers-back-with-video
  19. notherbob

notherbob Active Member

2,858 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    Actually, I think she is quite lovely, even in the controversial picture. It is the inconsiderate and unruly fans that are ugly. But then, how would you know how stupid they are if they didn't open their mouths and tell you?
  20. speedkilz88

20,790 Messages
    1,180 Likes Received
    Face comparison

[IMG]

[IMG]

Same girl.