1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Packers keep on clickin...

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by yimyammer, Oct 9, 2011.

1. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

4,431 Messages
    115 Likes Received
    They remind me of our teams of the 90's. They never seem to get rattled, they look calm and in control, no panic.

Down 14-0 on the road, no prob, turn on the jets and outscore the Falcons 25-zip to end the game.

Barring injury, looks like the road to the Super Bowl for the NFC goes through Green Bay.

You can all thank me now because seemingly every time I make a decisive statement about the NFL I get it rammed right up my rump.
  2. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,822 Messages
    192 Likes Received
    They can thank the Cowboys for knocking Favre out.
  3. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think the Packers will repeat... All the pieces are there.
  4. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

4,431 Messages
    115 Likes Received
    Yep, they look good and have a ton of confidence. I've picked them vs the Ravens the last two years and stuck with my pick again this year, if the Cowboys can't be there, that would make for a pretty entertaining game, imo
  5. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,939 Messages
    745 Likes Received
    Tough to see anyone knocking them off on the road to the Superbowl. Pretty much seems they're going to win it again this year.

Of course it's still early and a ton of things can happen and go wrong but at this point I'm not sure who I see beating them.
  6. perrykemp

perrykemp Well-Known Member

5,421 Messages
    1,326 Likes Received
    Same could have been said of NE last year at this point.

Packers look good, however. there is still a lot of football to be played.
  7. SacredStar

SacredStar Active Member

2,693 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    That's what everyone said about the Falcons, Saints, and Patriots last season. Whoever gets hots at the right time will be in the SB....just like GB did last year.
  8. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,506 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    They are definitely the favourites and look like the best team in the NFL to me.

The one thing I'll say is that I think a good offense can score against their defense which is far from elite.
  9. DallasGirl50

DallasGirl50 New Member

2,025 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If Rodgers can stay upright they are really tough. They're mentally tough. The Falcons looked lost in the 2nd half last nite. And got rolled right over...
  10. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,668 Messages
    69 Likes Received
    A lot of teams who look unbeatable in September and October fall away by January. I'm not quite ready to just give them another Vince Lombardi Trophy just yet.
  11. SacredStar

SacredStar Active Member

2,693 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Not to dis-credit Rodgers because he is the NFL's best QB right now....but their backups Flynn and Harrell have been very successful also with these receivers and the scheme they run.

They run a wide open WCO that is almost impossible to cover and their wr's are the best RAC receivers in the NFL.
  12. DallasGirl50

DallasGirl50 New Member

2,025 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I actually know next to nothing about their backups...to me the most impressive aspect of the Falcons game was the way they rolled the Falcons in the 2nd half. I am not a Packers fan but they've been impressive.
  13. Vertigo_17

Vertigo_17 Well-Known Member

2,260 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    :hammer:

Yes, they look good but the season is far from over.