1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Pacquaio Vs Marquez

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by Cowboys&LakersFan, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Who's watching Pacquaio vs Marquez?
  2. StevenOtero

StevenOtero Well-Known Member

6,339 Messages
    279 Likes Received
  3. StevenOtero

6,339 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    Wow!!!!!!! Pacquaio got killed
  4. Lodeus

Lodeus Well-Known Member

2,981 Messages
    218 Likes Received
  5. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received
  6. StevenOtero

6,339 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    Man oh man, hell of a knock out.
  7. StevenOtero

6,339 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    Round 1: After a thrilling buildup in a sold-out MGM Grand Garden Arena, referee Kenny Bayless gave the fighters their final instructions and the fight begins. Pacquiao's ready to charge. A Marquez counter right lands. A nice Pacquiao left. They move for position. This isn't the three minutes of action Pacquiao promised, but he did press the action, and did enough. Pacquiao wins the round, 10-9.

Round 2: Again, they're waiting each other out. Pacquiao shoots in a right, then misses a left uppercut. Marquez gets in a short right. Pacquiao with a straight left, a nice punch. Marquez content to stand back. He gets in a good right. Again, Pacquiao did more work. Pacquiao win the round, 10-9. Pacquiao leads, 20-18.

Round 3: Marquez throws overhand left. Pacquiao charges with a right that lands. Good left by Pacquiao. Counter left by Marquez. Left uppercut to body by Marquez. Big right and Pacquiao is down at 1:12 mark. Hard right by Marquez, then a big right to body by Marquez. Hard left uppercut by Marquez. Pacquiao fighting buzzed. Hard right by Pacquiao, Ton of passion in this fight at end, both guys swinging. Marquez wins the round, 10-8. Fight is even, 38-38.

Round 4: Marquez lands with a high left. Marquez follows with a straight right. Pacquiao not in huge hurry to engage here. Pacquiao lands a jab, but Marquez makes him eat two hard rights before the bell. Marquez wins the round, 10-9. Marquez leads, 48-47.

Round 5: Pacquiao drops Marquez with hard left. Incredible round. Marquez takes eight count. Pacquiao is at his most dynamic, battering Marquez with set-up lefts. Hard rights. He had Marquez cornered twice and wailed on him. Pacquiao win the round, 10-8. Pacquiao leads, 57-56.

Round 6: Big left snaps Marquez head back. Marquez missing now. Marquez's nose is bleeding and appears it might be broken. He's breathing with mouth wide open. Hard right by Marquez. Jab by Marquez. Pacquiao lands a right. Marquez follows with wicked hard right. Pacquiao's out, not moving, fight is over. Marquez wins. He runs to corner and stands. Pacquiao down on canvas with those over him. He's now sitting up. Marquez wins by knockout at 2:59.
  8. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,851 Messages
    417 Likes Received
    That was a great fight!
  9. StevenOtero

6,339 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    I'll take Boxing over UFC any day.
  10. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,143 Messages
    1,887 Likes Received
    I was looking for a link and just as I found your it was over.

Should have looked here sooner.
  11. RastaRocket

5,851 Messages
    417 Likes Received
    :signmast:
  12. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,004 Messages
    148 Likes Received
    Wow.... didn't think I would see Pacman knocked out like that... I knew he was out when he hit the mat. That's what he gets for fighting Marquez a 4th time.
  13. StevenOtero

6,339 Messages
    279 Likes Received
    Someone will up it in full HD glory soon enough.
  14. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Looked like he was fast asleep BEFORE he hit the mat.
  15. RastaRocket

5,851 Messages
    417 Likes Received
    I thought Marquez won the last fight as well.
  16. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,090 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    Wow what a fight!

Who'd have thought a day could be so eventful in sports without a major football game being played? Especially for stuff I'm interested in locally - first Tuberville leaves Texas Tech, then Michael Young gets traded, then the Josh Brent incident, Manziel winning the Heisman, and now this fight
  17. jcollins28

jcollins28 Active Member

1,508 Messages
    11 Likes Received
  18. danielofthesaints

danielofthesaints Well-Known Member

1,046 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    man, pacquiao was way out of position on the knockout blow. Props to JMM for recognizing that.
  19. BigWillie

BigWillie Well-Known Member

1,671 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    When you get into brawls like that, stuff like that happens. It's actually surprising it hasn't happened more with Pac over his career. Bad tendency for when he gets hit with a shot, Manny wants to fire back with a big shot of his own, and gets into these type of exchanges.

Sad thing for Manny is I saw him easily controlling this fight. Was moving well, firing that jab like a rocket, and was busting JMM up. I even had Manny ahead in the 3rd until JMM landed that haymaker from nowhere. Was ready to win this round as well before he went nite-nite.

But again, when you get into brawling situations and are moving forward, this can and will happen, no matter who you are.

Incredibly exciting fight. Would not mind seeing it again.
  20. Cowboys&LakersFan

Cowboys&LakersFan Benched

14,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Wow. Can't believe Pacquaio got knocked out like that.