1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Pacquaio Vs Marquez

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by Cowboys&LakersFan, Dec 8, 2012.

1. calico

calico Well-Known Member

4,209 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    I was thinking pacqauio looked a lot better in this fight than his previous 3 fights. He controlled most of it except for the 3rd and end of the 6th. His head movement was just better. About thirty seconds before the knockout it looked like Marquez was sitting down on his counters then he caught him. Damn what a fight.
    I love watching Marquez fight. He is a master of great in fight adjustments. I could watch PAC and Marquez fight every year they always deliver.
  2. crazytown41

crazytown41 Well-Known Member

1,131 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Not a fan of either but there's no doubt in my mind JMM was on something. A 39yr should not have power like that. He's never even came close to KO Manny in the 1st four fights but manages to bring him down twice tonight. JMM has definitely outboxed Manny in previous fights. But to see him punch with that much power tonight, I find hard to believe.

Anyways, this sport is officially dead now. Manny/Floyd was the only saving grace. Obviously that's over with.

Pretty comical that both fighters threw away millions of dollars so they can have a pissing contest (literally)
  3. BTX

BTX New Member

435 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree. I even told my cousin before the fight that JMM looked much bigger on 24/7 this year than he had in the past. 39 year old's don't get that much bigger and stronger. I had no horse in this race.
  4. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Hit him on the go to sleep button :eek:
  5. SkinsandTerps

SkinsandTerps Redskins Forever

7,399 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    He was on something that made him hit harder ?
    He was on something that made him bigger ?

Come on guys...

Did you watch any of the pre-fight talk ?

39 is not that old. George Foreman was knocking guys out with power and bigger than ever...in his 40's.

My Grandfather was in his 60's when I saw him square-up with a guy and take care of business. That's conditioning, that's motivation, that's determination.
  6. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,032 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  7. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

21,481 Messages
    8,381 Likes Received
    Manny's been an overrated declining fighter for a couple of years now.

He'd have gotten embarrassed in the ring with Mayweather.
  8. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    It kind of reminded me of Foreman and Moorer. One punch in the right place put him to sleep.
  9. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,141 Messages
    290 Likes Received
    I don't watch alot of UFC but I watched all the UFC on Fox last night and was bored to freaking tears.
  10. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,125 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Maymeather is laughing. Now He will whip Marquez. He ducked Pacman at the right time. Pac is done.
  11. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,125 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Its so boring and WWE like.
  12. RastaRocket

RastaRocket Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.

5,909 Messages
    453 Likes Received
    I agree, they just stand around or lay on each other and barely move. The fights are extremely short.
  13. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,141 Messages
    290 Likes Received
    the main event went the distance last night and was boring as hell. Listening to the announcers screaming vicious shot when the punch didn't even land was pretty funny though.
  14. crazytown41

crazytown41 Well-Known Member

1,131 Messages
    45 Likes Received
    Then where was this power the 1st 3 fights? And please dont compare Foreman's power to Marquez. Not to mention those are heavyweights.
  15. Cythim

Cythim Benched

1,691 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Also, Manny was stepping into that punch. Any conditioned boxer could knock a guy out like that.
  16. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

7,062 Messages
    497 Likes Received
  17. mgkaotic

mgkaotic New Member

17 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Pac has gotten hurt by Jmm before, this time he just caught him with a perfect counter punch. Pac himself said that he didn't notice any difference in his power.
  18. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

You tend not to notice as much when you're taking a nap.
  19. mgkaotic

mgkaotic New Member

17 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It was a perfect counterpunch, Pac also walked into it which made it that much more effective.