1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Palin must've done well

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by ScipioCowboy, Sep 4, 2008.

1. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,248 Messages
    2,448 Likes Received
    I was impressed with Palin tonight and thought she performed very well. However, given that I'm not the most unbiased source, I went to the cable news networks to gauge their responses.

The usual suspects at Fox News were downright giddy. I watched them faun over Sarah Palin for several minutes before switching it over to MSNBC for the other side of the story. This is where the fun really began.

Chris Matthews appeared flustered but maintained his composure like the professional he is. However, the same could not be said for Keith Olbermann. For some time following Palin's speech, he looked as if someone had just run over his dog. When Chris Matthews and his discussion group mentioned the historic nature of Palin's speech, Keith Olbermann cut in with some snarky, pouting remark about Geraldine Ferraro that didn't even apply to the situation. He spent the next hour sorting through the comments of liberal bloggers and various liberal interest groups, seeking anything he could fling at Sarah and her speech.

Congratulations, Sarah. You must've done well.:p:

Disclaimer: The tone of this post is entirely tongue-in-cheek. Please take it with the appropriate amount of salt.;)
  2. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,779 Messages
    1,664 Likes Received
    olberman is a useless tool.
  3. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    She handled the stage very well tonight. I flipped over to CNN and saw the same thing going on w/ that crew.

NBC and MSNBC however is a freaking rag of a network anymore. No TV and no NEWS. The only thing keeping that POC network alive was the Olympics.

NBC should just be put out of its misery and shut off or given to someone who can actually do something w/ a network.
  4. ScipioCowboy

15,248 Messages
    2,448 Likes Received
    You noticed?;)

Y'know, I don't believe Olbermann is cut out for the role in which MSNBC is using him for the RNC. It requires a level of decorum and a pretense of impartiality that he simply lacks. He should be limited to giving Leftist commentary in debate forum.
  5. ScipioCowboy

15,248 Messages
    2,448 Likes Received
    :hammer:
  6. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Partisan hack. I'll take none of you're salt! :p:

I'm watching the speech now, she's doing a mighty fine job. Obviously I didn't see the reactions you did, but up to this point I can see why they reacted the way they did, she's proving more formidable than a lot of the left initially thought.
  7. BoysfaninVegas

BoysfaninVegas Member

466 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Right after her speech ended I turned it over to CNN expecting to hear more negative coverage. I was surprised to actually see them excited about her speech. I didn't even bother trying MSNBC though. Olbermann is so predictable.
  8. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,937 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    Tools of the world expect an apology...
  9. masomenos

masomenos Less is more

5,971 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    So you forgive him?

:p:

j/k
  10. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  11. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,779 Messages
    1,664 Likes Received
    Would have felt sorry for the dog.
  12. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,384 Messages
    3,722 Likes Received
    Same here, I watched the speech on CSPAN but afterwards turned to CNN to hear reaction and expecting a lot of negative comments I was surprised to see the positive reaction by them. Except for the usual Roland martin and Paul Begala who seemed upset that this little lady was not just going to sit back while doubters and critics hammered her over the last few day and she showed she could handle herself.
  13. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    If McCain and Palin win I can't wait to see how Palin deals with Pelosi. :laugh2:
  14. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,384 Messages
    3,722 Likes Received
    She will gut her like a moose. :laugh2:
  15. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,937 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    [IMG]