1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Palin praised for handling of daughter's pregnancy

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by Robbieac, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Robbieac

Robbieac Member

594 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    http://www.onenewsnow.com/Election2008/Default.aspx?id=235910

Palin praised for handling of daughter's pregnancy
    Associated Press - 9/2/2008 8:00:00 AM

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. - Republican vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin and her husband are being praised for supporting their pregnant teenage daughter.

Sarah and Todd Palin announced Monday that their 17-year-old unwed daughter is five months pregnant, but plans to have the child and marry the baby's father. The Palins said the young couple will have the entire family's love and support.

Focus on the Family founder James Dobson says the Palins should be commended for living out their "pro-life and pro-family values" even in trying circumstances. He says being a Christian does not mean you or your children are perfect, but that there is "forgiveness and restoration when we confess our imperfections to the Lord."

Dobson's words were echoed by Bishop Harry Jackson. He says the Palins' support for their daughter Bristol and her willingness to have the baby and marry the child's father show the kind of character that's "proven in adverse situations." Although he is a registered Democrat, Jackson is closer to the Republican Party in opposing abortion, and has co-authored the book Personal Faith, Public Policy with the Family Research Council's Tony Perkins.

Bishop Jackson says Americans do not expect leaders' families to be perfect, but can learn candidates' true character from how they handle difficult circumstances.
  2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Backwoods Sexy Staff Member

62,454 Messages
    5,964 Likes Received
    I think true support would not be putting her in the position to be scrutinzed in front of the whole nation. In other words putting family first instead of political ambitions.
  3. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    They did the right thing. You can't hide the fact that she is showing. Were they just not supposed to say anything and let the left break the news? There is absolutely nothing wrong w/ how Sarah and Todd handled this sensitive situation.

You dont like it? Choke on it. It was the right way to handle it.

Where did they not put the girl first? Please fill us in O Mighty Know It All.
  4. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,821 Messages
    477 Likes Received
    Not like she could have disowned Bristol in front of the national audience.
  5. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,303 Messages
    1,025 Likes Received
    Exactly ..... I feel the same way.
  6. BrAinPaiNt

62,454 Messages
    5,964 Likes Received
    My point is, mr Palin boy toy, is that maybe if they put their family first they would have said...No thanks I don't think I will accept the offer Mr McCain because my family has a situation right now and I don't want to go on the national stage and embarrass my daughter for the whole world to see just to get further in my political ambitions.

See my point now? Probably not.
  7. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,303 Messages
    1,025 Likes Received
    Wow .... I am jealous.
  8. adamc91115

adamc91115 New Member

738 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How much worse would her daughter feel if she knew she just took away her mom's opportunity to become vice-president of the USA?
  9. BrAinPaiNt

62,454 Messages
    5,964 Likes Received
    It should not be the daughter worrying about the mother, it should be the mother protecting the daughter.
  10. Dallas

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received

Get over yourself. She's embarrassed? Where did you hear that? You know for a fact that she is?

Good lord - you know it all. You know exactly what the family discussed?

How on earth do you KNOW WHAT WENT ON w/ her family?

Please - PLEASE PLEASE do not ever ASSUME that you know things when you do NOT.

Did I make that clear? You havent a CLUE about what was discused beforehand w/ Bristol and her mom.

Boy-toy?

It is 3rd grade again? Am I on recess? I freakin feel like it w/ you sometimes, with your lowball snipes.

Sorry if I got a little hot here bro, but you are fully aware of where I am coming from.
  11. BrAinPaiNt

62,454 Messages
    5,964 Likes Received
    Get over YOURSELF already.

I never said she said she was embarrassed...but excuse me it does not take a rocket scientist to realize that any girl would be embarrassed to have the nation/world stage saying she is an unwed mother only for her mother to say they will be getting married.

As far as boy toy...get over yourself again...I think you want to throw out Mr Know It all so good for the goose?

I don't think I would let my political aspirations get in the way of protecting my family. Family first in my eyes and I would flat out turn down any political request if they came to me with a similar position knowing that my family would be raked over the coals.

Sorry if you don't agree, sorry you don't like it...so be it, get over yourself.
  12. Dallas

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Again - your assumptions that you understand the situation says everything I am saying about w/ regard to your post.

Thank you for validating my POINT.

Not EVERYONE is BrainPaintMod ok? We get it.

Just because I work in Alaska and in the government here does not mean I am a know it all. I feed what I know to the community here w/ what comes down that is public information.

Doesn't make me a know it all.

But I darn sure don't go gernalizing everything I happen to disagree with. Unlike you.
  13. Robbieac

Robbieac Member

594 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Who said Palin was only looking out for herself and own ambitions when she decided to run? America needs her for its next Vice-President, and she gladly stepped up to the plate.

People who run for political office should be willing to put themselves and their families aside and do what's best for the nation. I for one am glad that she did!
  14. BrAinPaiNt

62,454 Messages
    5,964 Likes Received
    So you don't mind if someone puts their political aspirations in front of their child....Gotcha.

Actually it is even more amusing consider what did McCain in the last time he ran for president...that whole illegitimate child situation and all.

And you do indeed generalize quite a bit as long as it is the liberals and not the republicans so watch out for that falling glass.:laugh1:
  15. BrAinPaiNt

62,454 Messages
    5,964 Likes Received
    :laugh2: :laugh2:

Yes...all politicians only think of the nation when running for office.

:laugh2: :laugh2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao:

I have heard it all now.

:lmao2: :lmao:

No..Stop...please

:lmao2: :lmao:
  16. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

80,564 Messages
    5,000 Likes Received
    And the mother is doing the right thing. What you want to hide her from the public?
  17. BrAinPaiNt

62,454 Messages
    5,964 Likes Received
    The public, as in her town or state is one thing...the whole USA and world is quite another.

I have no problem if the girl is pregnant and not married. Let's make that clear.

The only problem I have is a mother willing to throw that out for the whole world knowing their family would be raked over the coals in order to get a chance at becoming VP.

At the very least that is questionable.
  18. Dallas

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Could care less about McCain's past run for president. Please stay on the subject of you saying she embarrassed Bristol about the pregnancy, when you have no proof or link to show for it, except for your own generalization that you would have been embarrassed over it.

The facts are you don't know a blasted thing about it or what was involved. You were just talking out the side of your head again.

Let's call it what it really is.
  19. BrAinPaiNt

62,454 Messages
    5,964 Likes Received
    Yes...I say the girl would be embarrassed and it would not take a rocket scientist, or fan boy, to see it.

I don't know many teenage girls that are not easily embarrassed by just some news in a high school, this is country and world wide.

You can deny the idea of it all you want.

I don't need to get a quote from someone that got pegged in the pouch to know it hurt him.
  20. Dallas

11,514 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    You got nothing. Again - you got nothing.

My point the whole time was that you - HAD NOTHING. Just assumptions and generalizations.

Well done Mod Paint - good show.