1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Palin was a home run tonight.

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by JBond, Sep 3, 2008.

1. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,722 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Wow! Out of the park! Bring your popcorn. It's going to be fun!
  2. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Game On!
  3. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,310 Messages
    531 Likes Received
    I gotta say... just listening to her.

She knows here stuff and is confident when speaking and more importantly confident in what she is actually saying.

I wish she was an independent.

She threw so many lefts.... they were begging for a right.
  4. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

32,856 Messages
    621 Likes Received
    No doubt ......

I have been saying "Change for the Better" for days now ..... and tonight she proved it.
  5. Bizwah

Bizwah Well-Known Member

5,946 Messages
    193 Likes Received
    Well, I'm anxious to see how she handles the debates.
  6. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    If tonight is any indication, she'll handle it with concrete idea's and confidence, not with rhetoric.
  7. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,722 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I'm not worried. She has "moxie". It's undeniable. Except to MSNBC.
  8. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,273 Messages
    65 Likes Received
    I like her, I think the dems better be careful about what they say because she will take them to task.
  9. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    She so nailed it tonight. I said it a few nights ago as press was skewering her and her family.

She was the PERFECT choice to counter Obama at so many levels. I feel very confident with her as VP of this country. In fact - President if it ever came to that.
  10. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,177 Messages
    1,212 Likes Received
    i think after tonight people will like her in general. she backed her family and made hockey mom jokes. she spent 4 days taking shots and came out and knocked them all down at once.

if the dems keep at her on experience, they'll lose. they've got less combined than the vp they scream about.

that left a mark.
  11. numnuts23

numnuts23 Active Member

2,055 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    You can tell exactly how she did, because I see no rebuttals from the Obama supporters on here. Must be taking them awhile to gather their jaws off the ground.

Crickets..............
  12. Bach

Bach Benched

7,645 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    She had a great line about a mayor being like a community organizer, only with actual responsibilities.
  13. BigDFan5

BigDFan5 In Tebow I Trust

14,909 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    I was amazed. I went into it liking her and expecting to be impressed, but I was blown away. She was smooth, classy, likeable, and hammered Obama over and over on his lack of substance without seeming hateful at all
  14. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,722 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    I had a huge smile on my face most of the speech. She was better then the high expectations I had set.
  15. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    She reminded me of Reagan, watching him as an 8-year-old back in the glorious 1980 election (yes, I was actually paying attention back then - for some odd reason I was enthralled. Go figure). He then, and she now, in the immortal words of Roberta Flak...

"Killing me softly..." She killed 'em with a smile and with humor and defiance like Reagan used to.

God love her.

And as somebody who lived through the Reagan Revolution as a child, I'll tell you (supporters AND opponents)...get ready for the Palin Revolution. History will likely record McCain's campaign (win or lose) as her springboard into the spotlight. And also keep in mind...Reagan ran and lost in the primary in 1976, then we got Carter. Four years of that crap led to Reagan's first landslide in '80.
  16. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    She didn't say much to me, I wasn't impressed really.
  17. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What exactly would you have liked to have heard? If it was "these are the goodies government will give you by taking from someone else", then you were watching the wrong convention anyway. You should have watched the styrofoam Parthenon convention.
  18. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,722 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    So what did you disagree with? You are very light on details. Kinda like Obama is on experience.
  19. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I didn't want to go there on Reagan - but that was as impressed I have been in a candidate in 25 years since Reagan. She commands yet is likeable and sincere, yet tough and upbeat.

I will say in Clinton's first run - I saw a lot of that in him and called him next president first democratic debate in 1992 and there was a panel of like 10.

She has "that" and not sure how Dems go after her. If they were smart they would stay away from her and focus on McCain - JMO

I think years from now that will be viewed a historic speach.
  20. BigDFan5

BigDFan5 In Tebow I Trust

14,909 Messages
    14 Likes Received

I am sure you were watching with an open mind as well right?