1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Pallilo: 2005 draft...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by HTownCowboysFan, Sep 10, 2005.

1. HTownCowboysFan

HTownCowboysFan New Member

1,912 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ..."one for the ages." Charlie Pallilo of ESPN 790 here in Houston has picked the Cowboys to make the playoffs and potentially be a force if they get there. He said he loves the draft and made the comment above yesterday regarding it.

I'm sure that pissed off many of the Texans fans in town listening - but they probably didn't hear it. They all want to hear a homer job, so they stay tuned to Sports Radio 610. Pallilo is damn good and certainly does not gloss things over in regards to the hometown teams in H-Town.
  2. Rockytop6

Rockytop6 Well-Known Member

2,072 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Isn't it interesting that all the so called experts said the 2005 draft would be a very weak draft. It goes to show you that if you draft wisely that you can find gems in any draft.
  3. Cowboys&Caps

Cowboys&Caps New Member

1,701 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    we had a draft that reminds me of some draftdays back in the early 90's hopefully our results will be similar!
  4. luvtheboys

luvtheboys Active Member Zone Supporter

485 Messages
    57 Likes Received
    I've been fooled before thinking that we got first round talent in later rounds picks (Antonio Bryant, etc), but I'm still optimistic that in addition to our two first round picks this year we got another two first round talents in Burnett and Canty. Only time will tell, but coming out of a draft feeling like we got four first round talents added to the defense is awesome.

When you consider adding those four guys along with Ferguson, Henry, Fujita and quality backups like Johnson and Ratliff, I am really excited about the future of the Cowboys defense.
  5. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received

they never said this was a weak draft. In fact it was a very strong draft throughout, but there weren't a lot of sure things at the top, making the very top picks lower than they had been in previous years.
  6. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,383 Messages
    462 Likes Received
    Bryant did/does have first round talent, you weren't fooled.
  7. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,807 Messages
    172 Likes Received

Bryant and other had first round talent, it's their crappy attidude that did them in, dont get confused, we got first round talent, with Jack A, attidudes, this year a whole differnt story....thank goodness
  8. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,959 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    None of the guys we drafted have attitudes close to AB
  9. Scotman

Scotman Member

861 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Bryant has 1st round talent......UDFA brain.

Don't forget Pettiti in the mix. It's not the 1st rounders that make your draft. It's when you start hitting on guys the second day, IMO.

Scot
  10. Billy Bullocks

Billy Bullocks Active Member

4,075 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    You're supposed to hit on the 1st day selections. If you're good you get the guys in the 4th-7th doing big too. Look at any of the teams who have been succesful for the last couple yers, they lose key FA's, but they have plenty of guys they've drafted ready to step in. We're getting to a poitn where we're starting to build serious depth
  11. luvtheboys

luvtheboys Active Member Zone Supporter

485 Messages
    57 Likes Received
    I didn't mean to slight Pettiti or Barber, I was just expressing my excitement over the defensive upgrades (although I completely forgot Aaron Glenn). Any time you get (what you think is) the equivalent of 4 first round picks added to your defense, it's a great draft!
  12. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,598 Messages
    5,509 Likes Received
    Problem is we had a bad habit of not hitting on first day picks either. :mad:
  13. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

9,153 Messages
    498 Likes Received
    Let's not count our chickens before the eggs hatch. Heck, we've been here before. 2002 was supposed to be a stellar A+ draft ... with supposed first round talents across the entire first day: Gurode, Bryant, Ross, along with the BEST blocking FB in college, Jamar Martin.

Blah, it's old news. I won't believe it until I see it.

This team isn't going anywhere until we fix the most important position ... the QB.
  14. Scotman

Scotman Member

861 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    No doubt you are absolutely right! My post was more of the exclamation point to your sentence. So far, our draft looks like more than just a winner.
  15. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,661 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Well, I have a wait and see approach. They will have to prove it to me on the field, not on paper. Been excited about drafts before, only to see them suck. Hopefully this one will be different and be the draft we are all hoping/thinking that it is, but until they prove it over the long term, all we are doing is blowing hot air about how good it was this year.