1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Papa Johns Pizza... Bankrupt???

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Dallas, Oct 10, 2011.

1. Dallas

Dallas Old bulletproof tiger

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    So one of the corporate execs from Pizza Hut was staying at the Hilton my GF manages and he said that Papa Johns will be out of business by mid 2012. I searched and sure enough...there is a massive exit into Chapter 13 bankruptsy's going on for Papa Johns.

I wonder how much longer JJ gets to dance to those embarrassing commercials? I actually like those pizzas. :(

http://www.totalbankruptcy.com/bank...apa-johns-franchise-bankruptcy-800897056.aspx
  2. AmarilloCowboyFan

AmarilloCowboyFan Active Member

2,390 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    No big loss for me. I can't stand their pizza.
  3. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,512 Messages
    1,833 Likes Received
    That sucks because they have a pretty good pizza. Oh well. That's what they get for being the official pizza of the Washington Redskins. :laugh1:

Domino's pizza is pretty good too. Used to be horrific.
  4. Dallas

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I should call them. My buddy just said the same thing to me in this same discussion.

I haven't had Dominos since it was horrific. My son has been hooked on Little Ceasers lately. We only have one in town that recently opened. Thank goodness its just up the street from our house.

New approach for LC is that they have it all ready to go out the door. They only have 3 pizzas they do this way but they have all of these warming ovens going w/ the 3 ready to serve along w/ ready to go bread stix and sauce and cheese bread.

Cheap too and good pizza. The crust is excellent.
  5. lane

lane The Chairman

10,390 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    i never had their pizza..but i will say that dude annoys me to no end.
  6. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,732 Messages
    2,752 Likes Received
    Dominos is better...I don't know if I would go so far as saying good. :D

Little Ceasers is good for cheap pizza.

I think I am just spoiled by a local chain in my area but the others just don't do it for me now.
  7. AmarilloCowboyFan

AmarilloCowboyFan Active Member

2,390 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    I'm that way now that I've had Pappa Murphy's. I just can't order one of the other chains now. I wish there was still a Shaky's Pizza here. Man, I miss that place.
  8. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

22,513 Messages
    546 Likes Received
    We used to have a Pappa John's here years ago and I loved the place. But this is a small town, with several pizza places, so it didn't last too long.
  9. Hostile

Hostile Peace Zone Supporter

118,393 Messages
    1,441 Likes Received
    That little garlic butter stuff they send with the pizza is liquid crack.
  10. Faerluna

Faerluna I'm Complicated

5,143 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    In other words, it's just these franchise locations, not all corporate locations.
  11. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,875 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    :hammer:

Love that stuff.

I hate to see them go if the rumor is true. They're the best of the chain pizza places near me. Luckily we've got a couple of mom and pop places that make pretty good pies.
  12. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    My GF is a general manager at a little caesars :)

Where do you live?
  13. Dallas

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Anchorage, Alaska. Let her know they are doing it RIGHT (great food-great location and very clean store-great service) in Anchorage and we need more STORES.

Great pizza!!

:bow: :bow:
  14. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,492 Messages
    1,996 Likes Received
    That's my favorite... Very good and so cheap.

Once or twice a year I stray and try another brand, and am always disappointed that I paid almost twice as much for an inferior pizza.
  15. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Looks like "Mr. John" has spent all his money on facelifts and botox.
  16. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,035 Messages
    441 Likes Received

Dude, I am sorry.

Come to NY for 2 Days. I will take you to 4 pizzeria's for lunch and dinner. You wont believe how REAL pizza should taste.

I promise.
  17. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    How is pizza from New York any different from everywhere else? It's freaking bread, sauce, and cheese.
  18. Dallas

11,515 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I laugh too. For some reasong the people in NYC say pizza there is the bombastic pizza ever in the US.

Of course Chicago says the same thing.

What if the best place in NYC moved to Buffalo? Is Buffalo now the best place for Pizza?

hmmmm
  19. kristie

kristie Well-Known Member

7,530 Messages
    109 Likes Received
    i hate their pizza. give me domino's any day.
  20. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,732 Messages
    2,752 Likes Received
    It does not have to be NYC or Chicago...but trust me, there is a world of difference between Dominos, Little Ceasers and some of the other chains compared to what you can find in some local/ mom and pop chains.

The local pizza chain we have is far and away better than the national chains...not even close.

Although I have heard the NYC people claim the water is better when talking about pizza dough and bagels...who knows.