1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Paper: Palin's hair 'about 20 years out of date'

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by REDVOLUTION, Sep 4, 2008.

1. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,133 Messages
    1,152 Likes Received
  2. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives. Zone Supporter

7,105 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    What kind of tough football fan knows anything about (or cares about) hair style...

Sheesh bro...lol.
  3. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,868 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Worlds better than Biden's.
  4. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

25,133 Messages
    1,152 Likes Received

A football fan that like women?

:D
  5. Danny White

Danny White Winter is Coming

12,345 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I actually saw some girls at the convention who did their hair up to look like Palin's. One even had similar glasses on and looked like a junior version of her. :D

It was pretty funny to say the least!
  6. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,130 Messages
    6,913 Likes Received
    Eh, I don't care. I don't have to comb it. Shoot, I hate combing my own hair.
  7. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

35,176 Messages
    2,021 Likes Received
    Attacking this women on style is just a measure of how little there is, at this point, to bring to bare against Polin. Politically, the Democratic Party has to be very careful here. She is a candidate with very few weakness because the things you can point to are of a personal nature. Her 17 year old pregnant daughter (that's something that every family deals with, of sorts). Her husband who races snowmobiles (nothing there to get your teeth into). How she wears her hair (This is a beautiful women. Saying her hair is 20 years out of date is like looking at Grace Kelly with her hair swept up and saying, that's so 50s. Who cares. Grace Kelly is as beautiful today with that hair style as she was 60 years ago. It's timeless.)

The Democratic party could come of looking very foolish if they choose to attack Polin in this manner. Sophamoric, in fact.
  8. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,795 Messages
    1,669 Likes Received
    That is because so many in the party are sophomric, stupid and ignorant.
  9. WoodysGirl

67,130 Messages
    6,913 Likes Received
    ABQ, I don't consider this an attack in the truest sense of the word. Only because I have seen a TON of articles about Hillary Clinton, Cindy McCain and Michelle Obama's fashion sense. Their differing styles. Where they shop, how they style their hair. All of that.

This country is built on exploiting women's looks. For good and for bad. This isn't a dem vs repub thing, this is media image-driven thing. It's only natural for mags and other outlets to come out discussing Palin's style. The proof of how important it is, will be reflected in how her style evolves in the next two months. And trust me, there will be more articles on her sense of style.

For example, when Hillary was first lady, they did alot to lessen her image as corporate shark by making her appearances more ladylike. See Michelle Obama as an example. When Hillary ran for president, then all you saw were pants suits. It's a natural progression.

Personally, I think the updo style fits Palin's conservative image. Wearing her hair down would prolly give off beauty queen jokes and whatnot.

On a side note, since we're talking fashion. I really liked the dress her daughter wore. Very cute.
  10. ABQCOWBOY

35,176 Messages
    2,021 Likes Received
    I beg to differ. It's actually interesting to me. It strikes me that it really doesn't matter if the critic is done by the Democratic Party or not. At the end of the day, public perception will be that it came from the Democratic Party regardless of validity. This is more about perception then anything else. This is a fight the Democratic Party would do well to distince itself from at all cost.

The Rags will have there say but the Democratic Party should make certain that they do not let themselves be associated with any of this business. It's bad politics for them IMO.
  11. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,331 Messages
    1,354 Likes Received
    i'm going to ignore the gossip rags about palin. i've read "how dare her wear hoop earrings to a natural disasster!" and now a hair comment? who cares?
  12. WoodysGirl

67,130 Messages
    6,913 Likes Received
    Then we agree to disagree.

I don't see this as politics as usual or an attack by the Dems. I can find a ton of articles about the ladies in office and their styles have evolved. This particular just quoted stylists who suggested she needs to do something different with her hair, not do a full-scale makeover. She's even quoted in Vogue about her hair style.
  13. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,331 Messages
    1,354 Likes Received
    i may go bring my mullet back just to cause a diversion. is that taking a bullet for someone? : )
  14. ABQCOWBOY

35,176 Messages
    2,021 Likes Received

Time will tell. However, I say this now. If the Democratic Party allows themselves to be associated with this type of criticisam, which IMO is inevitable, it will cost them.

Lets watch and see how this plays out.
  15. ABQCOWBOY

35,176 Messages
    2,021 Likes Received
    I vote mullet Dude!

:D
  16. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

23,472 Messages
    2,367 Likes Received
    :lmao2:
  17. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,618 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    I had more of a problem with her not showing any neck line and wearing very light panty hose under a black skirt. It's after Labour Day so she should have worn darker hosiery.
  18. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,053 Messages
    2,971 Likes Received
    Don't vote for McCain because of Palin's hairstyle?

Maybe that's why Bush's approval rating is so bad? Cheney's dome.

:omg: