1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Parcells’ Romo Rules help mold QB

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by rags747, Dec 13, 2011.

1. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

1,127 Messages
    161 Likes Received
    Enjoy...

Parcells’ Romo Rules help mold QB
    By STEVE SERBY

You are Bill Parcells, and there is a gunslinger in your midst, this fearless kid who liked to shoot first and ask questions later. A kid whose gift was also his curse.

“He was indiscriminate with his choices some of the time,” Parcells says now, “but it was only because of his confidence in his ability.”

Parcells remembered Bert Jones, the Ruston Rifle, being this way. Brett Favre, too. And now this kid comes along with the same mentality: See that tiny window downfield? Watch this!

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/tuna_on_tony_NeG1ZhqV1CFAD4mrFbAmLM#ixzz1gSbP3W00
  2. SacredStar

SacredStar Active Member

2,693 Messages
    16 Likes Received
  3. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,722 Messages
    1,809 Likes Received
    That was a cool read...

I know a lot of posters did not like Parcells, but, you can't take away what he brought to the Cowboys at a time of need.

Now, if only he would have played to win and not to lose. That's the part that I did not like about his game.

;)
  4. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,698 Messages
    726 Likes Received
    Thanks for posting. If Romo ever won a Superbowl, he has one heck of a story to tell.
  5. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

2,793 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    Tony will be better with age.....I actually think his best years is going to be the next few. I hope JJ put enough pieces around him to win a SB. This current team is handcuffed by poor defense.
  6. Smith22

Smith22 Well-Known Member

5,845 Messages
    267 Likes Received
    Thanks for the link. Good stuff.
  7. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    That was awesome.
  8. rags747

rags747 Well-Known Member

1,127 Messages
    161 Likes Received
    That article was from Dec 4, 11.

Not sure why I have always had such a mancrush on Romo but I do. Maybe it all goes back to when he would get some time in the preseason games under Parcells. You would always read and catch snippets here and there that with a little luck we could have something special.

Really hope that this team at some point over the next 5-6 years will support him in getting a ring. Put him on the Steelers, Saints, Giants etc since 06 and he would already have at least 1. Have always loved Roger and Aikman but this guy is right there with them if not better...just has had real junk for the most part to work with as a team.
  9. coyboy

coyboy Member

113 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Thanks for posting!

Go Romo!
  10. STSINAZ

STSINAZ Active Member

2,845 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Parcells is a guy I respect but I just dont know about Antonio...Too bad our defense wont give him a chance this year....its always something....thats why we need a REAL GM...not a guy who wants to own the team and try to run things....
  11. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

6,163 Messages
    1,417 Likes Received
    This is why I'm a Romosexual until I die. And these Cowboys have left me no choice this season but to watch the remainder of the games to somehow hope that my man can ride us into the sunset.
  12. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

6,163 Messages
    1,417 Likes Received
    How many more years do you think he can play at a high level? We need a whole lot of pieces. It would be a darn shame if Tony can't win a SB for the Cowboys in his career.
  13. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

2,793 Messages
    244 Likes Received
    I actually think because of these last two years he is maturing. The last 7 games really shows that. That's why I believe the next 3 yrs or so will be his best. Perhaps not statistically but decision making. I just hope we'll have enough pieces to help him to the promise land.

Remember that he's ONLY started about 4 seasons in the NFL.
  14. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,906 Messages
    1,370 Likes Received
    That's a very cool article. I enjoyed the read and I still believe, and I'll keep saying it till he retires if need be, that Romo can and will lead this team to a championship.

I just believe he's way too good to not do it. They're going to win one with Tony Romo at the starting QB position of the Dallas Cowboys. I 100% believe that.
  15. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,767 Likes Received
    I hope Romo is a better man than I because if I was in his shoes and win a SB I would be sticking that ring in every critics face and telling them suck on this you hack. :lmao:

But then that is just me. :laugh2:
  16. LeonDixson

LeonDixson Illegitimi non carborundum

9,730 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    Boy, would I love to see that!:lmao2:
  17. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,457 Messages
    3,767 Likes Received
    I'm sure Romo is a better man than I. :laugh2:

But given the hits he has taken it would be hard not to flash that ring at every Sunday morning NFL talk show, every Monday morning QB who trashed you to not tell them they were full of it.
  18. 1fisher

1fisher Active Member

5,681 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    I like this part ......

“He knows I’m looking,” Parcells says. “It means something to him.”
  19. JoeCorrado

JoeCorrado Active Member

1,972 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    They call that the "conservative" approach. He was all about the percentages. Just like Garrett. Not saying that there is anything wrong with that either, because statistically speaking...
  20. Vertigo_17

Vertigo_17 Well-Known Member

2,260 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    nice read

people always forget what he's done to get this point, and somehow give other drafted players the benefit of the doubt