1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

News: Parcells PC

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by Cbz40, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    We didn't finish the deal.

Gave up the two big plays

Told the team not to let this kind of loss get them down. The nature of the NFL

We had two chances to put the game away and did not
  2. kingwhicker

kingwhicker BCRSA

3,290 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well, there are two possible outcomes for this team. 1) they suck it up and keep fighting and get better or 2) this is the Pittsburgh game all over again and they roll over and play dead the rest of the year. That said, this has to be one of the worst losses in franchise history, to be beaten with the same play twice in the last 3 minutes and change. I fault the offense on this too, they had SEVERAL chances to put this game away and couldn't get the job done.
  3. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    This is a young team......they will learn from this.

I would bet they suck it up
    and move on.
  4. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

7,458 Messages
    892 Likes Received
    oh yeah. completely forgot about the Pitt loss last year. next sunday's game should be interesting. We'll see just how much of a team we are.
  5. calico

calico Well-Known Member

4,383 Messages
    179 Likes Received
    I think this will help the team focus more for the rest of the year. Whenever they think it is in the bag, they just have to be reminded of this.
  6. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Lesson #1...You have to pley for 60 minutes not 55.

I hope the coaches have learned to go for the jugular.....instead of running 3 plays into the line.
  7. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,403 Messages
    147 Likes Received
    finaly some rational posts. :)
  8. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

7,039 Messages
    2,907 Likes Received
    Wait...where was Parcellscomments on Zimmer being a bad defensive coordinator?

And Payton calling the game too conservatively.

And the penalties that weren't called which would have caused us to win?

Oh, he didn't mention those?

I guess he doesn't agree with fans then.

We lost because our players are young and have to learn how to put other teams away.

Maybe we should be stand-up guys and realise this is one of sixteen and not start acting like REDSKIN FANS and make excuses and point fingers.
  9. ghosttown cowboy

ghosttown cowboy Wyoming's #1 boys fan

937 Messages
    28 Likes Received
    I thought the holding call on Flozell on KJ first down catch was bogus!!
  10. TheHustler

TheHustler Active Member

5,392 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Coaches don't call out players for missing plays, can you imagine the kind of turmoil that would create?

We fans however, can call it as we see it.
  11. smashmouth

smashmouth Benched

1,411 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You have to put this game on Parcells, I'm sorry.

We had coaching deficiencies from the beginning. Remember this people, we didn't score a touch down on offense. Does that bother you?
  12. SultanOfSix

SultanOfSix Star Power

8,482 Messages
    559 Likes Received
    Holy ****. I thought we would have learned this by now. It's just another 4th quarter collapse in my book.

The players talk about holding SD and how it's a confidence booster, then blow this game. It's just mind boggling.

I'm beginning to blame Zimmer for this now. Put me on the anti-Zimmer bandwagon.
  13. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,662 Messages
    610 Likes Received

Yes cuz Parcells is the type to blame people in front of the media, even if all those were true. I had no problem with the offensive playcalling. None whatsoever. But it was obvious we couldn't get to the QB unless we blitzed, and what do we do on defense down the stretch? Let our front 4 play patty-cake with the Redskins' OL and give Brunell all the time he needed to throw the ball. It's not only the players that don't know how to close a game. The DCoord should of forced Brunell to get rid of the ball quickly by blitzing. We have those 3 CBs, they can at least cover for 2 seconds. But NO CB is gonna be able to cover for 4-5 seconds regularly. Our pass rush was horrible down the stretch. Ware played soft... check that, he played EXTREMELY soft the whole game. He kept half *** jogging at Samuels then just locking up with him instead of DICTATING to him what he wanted to do. He showed no heart. I think he may be TOO nice of a guy. Haley he is not. Haley was an a-hole, but it was that attitude that made him a great pass rusher, a relentless pass rusher. I haven't seen anything resembling "relentlessness" out of Ware yet, and that includes the preseason. You can finesse a tackle and get away from time to time, but for the most part you gotta cowboy up and go kick the tackles a**.
  14. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

55,242 Messages
    7,870 Likes Received
    It all starts at the top. He got out coached the last 5 minutes.
  15. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,662 Messages
    610 Likes Received
    Sorry, CBz, but this is crap. When you have a 13 point lead (or 10 pt lead at one time) and your defense has been playing good, then you play it safe. Remember the Pitt game last year? 3rd and long, we have a lead, and we come out throwing... you remember what happened. Parcells was trying to avoid that cuz our D was playing good.

"Was" being the key word.
  16. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Active Member

5,027 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Agree Ware was either gassed or he was simply dominated by a good, but not great OT tonight. No way he is another LT. better stop using that comparison.
  17. TwoDeep3

TwoDeep3 Well-Known Member

7,039 Messages
    2,907 Likes Received
    So the Canty sack with Spears cleaning up was a blitz?

Nope. It was the front four without any help from the linebackers or DBs.
  18. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,856 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    I could have sworn Terry Glenn plays on offence but maybe I am mistaken.
  19. DMX690

DMX690 Active Member

592 Messages
    54 Likes Received
    Huh...so did the defensive score a touchdown then?
  20. Martice

Martice Member

962 Messages
    3 Likes Received