1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Parcells texted Romo after big contract extension

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jul 30, 2013.

1. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,770 Messages
    606 Likes Received
    I thought it was Sean Peyton that brought Romo to Dallas. Also if it wasn't for Romo Parcells time in big D would be considered a disaster right? I mean Quincy, Testaverde, Bledsoe, no playoff wins is horrible right?
  2. ChronicCowboy

ChronicCowboy Member

88 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    I miss that old man. Never missed a PC when he was at the helm. Now I can't stand to listen to one.
    CowboyGil likes this.
  3. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,585 Messages
    2,242 Likes Received
    Actually he coached for 4 seasons and ended up 34-30. Not that it makes much of a difference. The guy didn't have a QB worth a piss so reducing his time down to a record without taking into account that guys like Carter, Testeverde and even Drew Henson all took snaps at QB is pretty shortsighted.
  4. OhSnap

OhSnap Well-Known Member

1,591 Messages
    721 Likes Received
    Are you trying to argue with yourself? Or did you mean to make my point for me? o_O
  5. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

12,103 Messages
    1,269 Likes Received
    I'm sure Romo received a lot of text messages after signing his big extension most probably asking for loans.
  6. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

6,263 Messages
    1,470 Likes Received
    Because it's people way of getting out of having to actually talk to someone. It's the reason why I don't text. Call me a relic but some of this stuff is ruining our interpersonal skills. With all that said, I am grateful to Parcells to getting us back on the right track.
  7. SDCowboy85

SDCowboy85 Well-Known Member

15,564 Messages
    1,708 Likes Received
    People are really missing the point of this thread. Who gives a rip what his record was here...SMH
    Staubacher likes this.
  8. Sportsbabe

6,263 Messages
    1,470 Likes Received
    What's wrong with conversing? Being forced to use your brain is a good skill to develop. I do not prefer text because emotion doesn't travel over cyberspace. Do you know how many people have misinterpreted my words over this keyboard?
  9. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,858 Messages
    1,699 Likes Received

It was BP that kept romo when Jerruh was in his Henson obssesion phase
  10. WV Cowboy

WV Cowboy Waitin' on the 6th

11,149 Messages
    1,411 Likes Received
    I agree with you, I am old fashioned as well. I have only had a cell phone for 3 yrs.

But I am asking you to try texting. I didnt think I would ever try it or if I did I didn't think I would like it.

It is great for little short communications between my two boys and me. Or my wife.
    Just a quick little txt to check what time they are coming home, or if they are going to the game or something.
    We used to watch Dallas games together, but now my oldest has a wife and son, and my youngest lives in another state, so we text little comments back and forth during the games. I enjoy it.

Don't close your mind on this, give it a try, you may like it and use it.

Just not all the time, .. keep conversing Sportsbabe. ;)
  11. Staubacher

Staubacher Well-Known Member

2,604 Messages
    2,449 Likes Received
    Yeah I'm actually shocked this didn't become a Romo-bash thread. Not yet anyway. Everyone decided to pick on Ol' Bill instead.
    SDCowboy85 likes this.
  12. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,770 Messages
    606 Likes Received
    Are you coming on to me?
  13. BAZ

BAZ Drunken Mick

2,770 Messages
    606 Likes Received
    But it was Peyton that first showed interest in bringing him to Dallas, right?
  14. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,719 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    That was nice of Bill.

(For me, If I need to have a long conversation, I talk on the phone because I dont want to spend 15 minutes texting it up. But for a short, to the point message, I text.)

I was kind of mad that he didnt come back one more year. I hated for it to end the way it did for him.
  15. Gemini Dolly

Gemini Dolly Well-Known Member

6,719 Messages
    737 Likes Received
    Heres a video about how it all began.

16. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

14,517 Messages
    1,727 Likes Received
    I always felt like "the bobble" contributed to Parcells' decision to leave. Not that he left because of one play, but if they had won that game, it might've made a difference in whether he came back for another year. I bet Romo has lingering feelings of guilt about that so it's nice to know that Parcells still communicates with him.
    Gemini Dolly likes this.
  17. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

12,103 Messages
    1,269 Likes Received
    What I believe caused Parcell's to leave was his disappointment in the defense that fell apart during the 06 season and knowing Romo had warts (which he stated) and that is was going to take time to develop him.
  18. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,459 Messages
    927 Likes Received
    Whatever happened to talking to people face to face rather than on a message board?
    nickjamesw43 likes this.
  19. Sportsbabe

6,263 Messages
    1,470 Likes Received
    If you're a Playmaker spinoff ... absolutely.
    BAZ likes this.
  20. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,626 Messages
    412 Likes Received
    texting is far more efficient than playing phone tag, leaving voice mail etc