1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Part of stimulus program... selling Iran more time...

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by ThaBigP, Jan 26, 2009.

1. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  2. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,304 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    Part 1 of Iran making Obama and liberals look like fools.
  3. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Like Dubya ever accomplished jack with Iran...

Trying to isolate them politically obviously hasn't worked, what can a little TALKING hurt??
  4. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The problem with talking with Iran is this: they will say whatever they have to say to get more time. That alone isn't any danger...just words of course. Add into that, though, an administration that is inclined to take Ahmadinejad at his word...and you gots some serious trouble.

By the way, that's why Bush didn't bother speaking with them. Nothing they had to say was worth anything. Remember...they've already stated their position: they ARE NOT persuing nuclear weapons. What else would you expect them to say? This of course is in spite of discovery that they've been modifying warhead cones to carry nuclear payloads. Again, they will say whatever they have to. You think it's productive to sit there in some formal meeting and listen to them go through their little checklist of lies? Then what?
  5. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,859 Messages
    1,704 Likes Received
  6. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,394 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    on the surface bear that's a very good question. i'd have to think in the thousands of years of historic violence in the area all methods have been tried before. but what good does it do to talk to someone willing to die to take you out?

are you not playing into their hands and just giving yourself an "illusion" of progress? maybe that's what they want and all they're going to do is "talk nice" to obama can show progress, we let up, they move on to their overall grand scheme of things.

do you *really* think a simple "hey, i love ya man, stop it!" will resolve the conflicts? how do you resolve a conflict who's only resolution to one side is your death? talking to them assumes you're willing to believe what they say. are you?

tell me how to reason with that. i'm all ears.
  7. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If Iran was really so willing to commit suicide to "take us out", they would already have done so...

One of these days, folks are gonna wise up, and realize that the bloodthirsty rhetoric so characteristic of Islamic fundamentalist regimes is just that, bloodthirsty rhetoric...

Did you believe Baghdad Bob when he assured us that our defeat was imminent, practically from the start of the invasion??

Show me where I've suggested any such thing... all I'm saying is that you keep talking, so long as you can talk...

How many months did we negotiate with the North Koreans and the Chinese before the Korean War was ended?? I have a hunch that most of the folks in here would have stopped talking LONG before a resolution was finally reached...

I repeat, talking is NEVER a bad idea... you just have to stay prepared for deceit and betrayal, so that you don't get caught by surprise... nobody's suggesting we go hat in hand to Iran, and say "pretty please, would you see things our way??"... maybe we offer them something they really want in exchange for something we really want, maybe talks break down at a point where violence is unavoidable...

But you keep TALKING... there are those in here who seem to want us to not talk with any of them, who think that what we need to is go in there and kick ***...

Well, excuse me if I don't want to wind up at war with most of the Islamic world...
  8. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,394 Messages
    1,424 Likes Received
    so on one hand they're all rhetoric and can't be believed. aka baghdad bob. talk tough, right?

so if you can't believe them, why are we talking to them?

rest assured none of us want to wind up at war. but then again, is it our call when they're buidling nukes and saying "nono, it's power only..." and then again, do you believe their "rhetoric"?
  9. neosapien23

neosapien23 Well-Known Member

2,777 Messages
    61 Likes Received

What you want and what they want are two totally different things. The Muslim doctrine states that all nonbeleivers must be forced to convert or die. Their doctrine look it up. The Bible does not tell me to kill all nonbelievers. I could post up the words of Muhammed the prophet for you, but it would do no good as you are convinced that this is all Dubya's fault.
  10. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

15,496 Messages
    2,904 Likes Received
    The problem guys is that we can barely fight two wars right now as it is, noway we can start a 3rd war at the same time.

Our military is stretched too thin and we dont have the resources to fund a 3rd war. Unfortunately Iran knows this as well and they realize we cant do jack to stop them.

So we either have to start talking and hope we can convince them to stop building a nuke or we let the Isralies bomb their reactors.

The is really our only 2 choices here.
  11. neosapien23

2,777 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    Or the US could make the Iraqi forces assume control of thier own country. They have had more than enough time to train. Arm them, give them air support, but pull the troops out. America might need our men and women at home. Iran as sponsored more terrorist organizations than any other country in the world. Bush should have gone after them instead of Iraq. I will always feel like the US invaded the wrong country.
  12. Route 66

Route 66 Active Member

3,310 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    So it's supposed to go down like this?

Obama: "What's up Mr A?":)

Ahmadinejad: "Not much, just buildin' some nukes.":D

(fist bump ensues)

Obama: "I want you to know that my administration is nothin' like the last one you had to deal with" :rolleyes:

Ahmadinejad: "Doesn't matter."

Obama: "What?"

Ahmadinejad: "Oh nothin."

Obama: "We come in peace."

Ahmadinejad: "We don't."

Obama: "Say again?"

Ahmadinejad: "Good to hear Mr O."

Obama: "So um, say again why you are enriching Uranium?"

Ahmadinejad: "My people need lights and more power."

Obama: "M K."

Ahmadinejad: "And I need more power."

Obama: "What do you mean?"

Ahmadinejad: "Oh nothin'."

Obama: "Is that all you are to use the nuclear energy for?"

Ahmadinejad: "No. I plan to wipe out Israel and make it look like your Crater Lake."

Obama: "Well, would you please not do that?"

Ahmadinejad: "M K."

Obama: "Thanks!"
    (wow that was easy)

Ahmadinejad: "All you Americans had to do was just talk to us. We are a peaceful country that simply want to keep the 'flies off the camel' so to speak."

Obama: "Um, what does that mean?"

Ahmadinejad: "Israel's a fly."

Obama: "What?"

Ahmadinejad: "Oh nuthin'.";)

Obama: "Well, it's time for the Limbaugh show so I better split."

Ahmadinejad: "Wait Mr O. I have a brown package for you to take back to America."

Obama: "Coolness! Why does it tick?"

Ahmadinejad: "It's um, a timepiece for your new home." :D

Obama: "You're the best, thanks!":shake:

(Chest bump ensues...)
  13. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,859 Messages
    1,704 Likes Received
    got to laugh at silverbear- talk about hiding the head under the sand.
    He thinks we can just ignore Iran - let them do whatever they want.
  14. sacase

sacase Well-Known Member

4,304 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    I think you are the one that needs to wise up. Islamic militants always tell you what they want to do. They are patient with their goals, but they tell you they want to kill you. So please belive that their rhetoric is not just rhetoric its their goals and intentions. They want to destroy israel, they will do it when they feel they can achieve that goal. IF they die in the process, no problem for them, after all they belive they are going to heaven with 72 virgins.

By the way, the Korean war has NOT ended. So much for Diplomacy ending the war.
  15. ThaBigP

ThaBigP New Member

2,062 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    9/11
    Bali
    Cole
    7/7 (London for the head-in-the-sand'ers)
    Scotland
    Madrid
    Berlin
    Mumbai

This is just off the top of my head. You know, spouting lies accusing peace-loving people of commiting suicide in the name of "getting us". And in sharing the same idiology as the leadership of Iran among other things.

That I guess goes right up there with the Holocaust, which was also a lie. Dirty rotten filthy stinking Jews made that up to have a banner of sympathy under which to commit real Holocausts against non-Jews. http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.dcc1dae7280236f3833645ed9fa891cb.5e1&show_article=1

So sayeth the same people who don't want to hurt us...they just want to get along.

I'm very close to calling you a bold faced liar right now. But I won't. That would be bad.

Edit: What I will call you is a willing apologiser for Jew-hating Islamic fascists.

Edit #2: As for not wanting to wind up at war with most of the Islamic world...where were you in '79? It's too late to go crying to mommy saying you don't want a war. We're already in one. We've been in one since well before 9/11. The old worn-out liberal mantra of "it takes two to have a war" is a lie. It takes two in order to have a *contested* war. To get an idea of how a one-sided war goes, where the other side is simply resolved to never resist...go visit Auswitz.

There's a lot we have found common ground on (along with other progressives/libs on this board). I've been increasingly impatient with people spouting BS with a bold face as if it's fact, however. It's time to put down the pretense and pull up your big boy pants.
  16. neosapien23

2,777 Messages
    61 Likes Received

Oh man that post just lifted my spirits. If more Americans were like you, I never would have gotten out of the military. I left because I felt bitter about the media and the way a majority of Americans were blinded with disdain for the president instead of using logic.
  17. Route 66

Route 66 Active Member

3,310 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    :hammer:
  18. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,845 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    Because it buys Iran time to do exactly the things we don't want them to do. I mean, do you think that while we are "talking" with Iran that they are going to suspend all nuclear development?
  19. Rogah

Rogah Well-Known Member

3,845 Messages
    117 Likes Received
    And with all due respect, perhaps one of these days you will wise up and realize that historically speaking "bloodthirsty rhetoric" usually leads to real bloodshed.
    Neville "Peace at any price" Chamberlain says hi.
  20. JBond

JBond Well-Known Member

6,728 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Many people here in the US and in other countries said the same thing during WWII about Germany. Some people were able to recognize the threat and others choose to "talk" to a psychopath. Which side was right?