1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Patrick Crayton

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by CactusCowboy, Aug 4, 2005.

1. CactusCowboy

CactusCowboy Benched

1,861 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I picked Mr. Crayton last night in one of ESPN Fantasy Football leagues. And....I feel good about it, might be a REAL sleeper pick!
  2. Waffle

Waffle Not Just For Breakfast Anymore

3,379 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He seems to be working his way up the depth chart. It will be interesting to see how both he and Morgan play in the pre-season.
  3. stilltheguru

stilltheguru Active Member

2,917 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    somebody is takin there love for crayton too far.lol

show me your team and how many people are in your league?
  4. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,769 Messages
    1,608 Likes Received
    My question exactly. How do you take Crayton on a fantasy team when he may not even start on a run oriented offense.

Homerism is one thing.........
  5. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,793 Messages
    172 Likes Received

you should have tooken Michael Jenkins from ATL, Crayton might be a #3 pick, Jenkins can be a number 1
  6. Waffle

3,379 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Personally, I'd stay away from any Atlanta pass catcher not named Crumpler until Mr. Vick can prove he can pass to his WRs. But you are right..Crayton may not even be the #3 receiver if Morgan can fend him off.
  7. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,793 Messages
    172 Likes Received

but as a late draft pick why not? If Vick falls through oh well, if he does catch fire then you have him on your team already, he's more seeable than crayton who might not even be a 3 WR
  8. JBRockBottom31

JBRockBottom31 Member

427 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    LMAO, I hope he was taken undrafted and not used with an actual pick.
  9. Waffle

3,379 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    JRrockbottom stole my thunder. I just think Crayton would have gone undrafted in most fantasy leagues and would have been available as a Free Agent.

There are other "sleeper" receivers I would draft before Crayton, even in round 16...but that's just me. Jenkins would be one.
  10. stilltheguru

2,917 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    im not draftin ANY COWBOYS RECIEVERS.lol

im tryin to win.
  11. dargonking999

dargonking999 DKRandom

11,793 Messages
    172 Likes Received

Glenn is a nice late round pick
  12. CactusCowboy

CactusCowboy Benched

1,861 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Tooooooooo serious people. It was my 6th league and I picked the guy with my 16th pick, basically because I am a Cowboys fan and I thought it was cool!
  13. CactusCowboy

CactusCowboy Benched

1,861 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I did take Glenn in 15th round in a serious league........
  14. Waffle

3,379 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Why didn't you say so in the first place? :)
  15. stilltheguru

2,917 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    i will be bias pickin defensive people.dallas all the way
  16. Bizwah

Bizwah Well-Known Member

5,939 Messages
    189 Likes Received
    I don't know fantasy football well. But I have been wanting to discuss Crayton some more.

I was amazed to hear that he may have the best hands on the team. Both Terry Glenn and Keyshawn Johnson have great hands. I can't imagine anyone having better hands than Glenn. I always thought he had the best hands in the league (along with Cris Carter when he played).
  17. JDSmith

JDSmith New Member

1,669 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    We've got some fantastic hands on the team. Glenn has the ability to catch anything near him, he's got some of the best hands I've seen in ages. Witten has great hands. Keyshawn has very good hands. If Crayton truly has the best hands on the team that's really saying something IMO. If he's even close to Glenn then we are blessed.
  18. Bizwah

Bizwah Well-Known Member

5,939 Messages
    189 Likes Received
    I had completely forgotten about Witten. Excellent hands there also. If we could just have some of that rub off on Julius Jones.

I was one of the few that felt that WR wasn't a desparate need this offseason. When minicamps started, I was a little nervous about the position. But now, I feel as comfortable as ever with our WR situation. I think we're going to need some help next year, but barring serious injury we should have a good corps.

Key and Glenn will complement each other well. Key brings much needed toughness to the position, and Glenn brings the big play. I really hope Morgan breaks out this season.
  19. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,512 Messages
    429 Likes Received
    I am pulling for him,I think he will get the 3rd WR spot,and Morgan may go bye bye!
  20. SA_Gunslinger

SA_Gunslinger Official CZ Ea-girls hater

4,787 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    i am looking for crayton to have a breakout season.

i really believe it will happen.