1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Patrick Peterson vs. Prince Amukamara

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by garyv, Feb 23, 2011.

1. garyv

garyv Active Member

1,387 Messages
    13 Likes Received
    Patrick Peterson vs. Prince Amukamara

Both of this year's top cornerbacks are listed at 6-foot-1 and over 200 pounds, and have been suggested as candidates to move to safety. Either the corners aren't top prospects at all, or we're thinking too much. Amukamara is said to possess superior natural cover skills, while Peterson has better speed, versatility, and made more big plays over the course of his college career.

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/37402/60/draft-2011-combine-preview?pg=3
  2. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Peterson is a legit 6-footer, Prince is likely nowhere near that.
  3. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    what is he like 5-11 3/4:rolleyes: i would much rather have PP also but this is nitpicking my friend
  4. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received

....and the 49er's taking Peterson at #7. I don't know....if we don't get a top Def. Tackle here, I'd like to trade down for an Off. Tackle and pick up a 3rd rounder: I don't think Prince is worth a #9....seems like a reach to me.
  5. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    as far as man crushes go PP is one of my biggest :D . if he went 7 i would throw up (yeah yeah the philly game) im hoping we move up to clevland if he is still there . Otherwise i am am complete agreement with your logic there.
  6. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Right, and that's quite a statement when you arbitrarily make up a height. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Prince ends up in the 5'10 range, which is adequate CB height, but hardly comparable to Peterson's stature.
  7. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    actually i mistyped it should have been 5'11 3/4 which isnt made up. but again im not arguing that Peterson is not the man ive made my feelings clear that i want him on our team more than any other player in this draft . i was busting your chops because i mean come on the guy is listed at 6'0 or 6'1 everywhere you look and saying he will come nowhere close to 6'0 makes it sound like he's a midget ..lol another reason why i am looking foward to the next few days to put all the questions over height , weight 40 time etc to bed either way it's all good man .
  8. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Hmmm, so you're saying the height you gave (5'11 3/4") isn't made up?

As far as what other websites are listing him at, you should know that websites parrot from other websites and or simply use the heights given off the player's school/athletics website.

As you stated, the true or more accurately "official" weights and heights will be found out at the combine.

I'll make a gentleman's bet that Prince ultimately measures out on the high end of 5'10" or the short side of 5'11".

My point wasn't to prop up Peterson and knockdown Prince. It was simply a statement that I don't believe the two players are anywhere near the same stature as a lot of draft articles indicate.
  9. BigWillie

BigWillie Well-Known Member

1,665 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    I guess Nebraska needs new measuring skills since Prince measured in at 6'0 208lbs during spring testing last year.
  10. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Lol, yup.

Why this stuff surprises folks is a bit funny to me.

This is common practice by college sports information departments. They give arbitrary hieghts/weights to their players which almost undoubtedly favor the player. I worked for the San Jose State sports info. department myself.

DeMarcus Van Dyke is listed at 6'1" 185 lbs on the hurricanesports website. Yet, he just measured in at 6' 168 lbs at the Senior Bowl.

Noel Devine is listed at 5'8" 180 lbs, but measured 5'7" 160 lbs at the Senior Bowl.

This happens every year.
  11. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    whatever bro maybe it's you maybe it's me, i was just busting your chops for saying he will be nowhere near 6 feet tall and as far as im concered 5'11 is pretty close. Im totally aware that teams lie about this stuff i like i said i was only busting your chops have a good one
  12. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    IMO, after the draft process is finished not only might Prince be in store for an epic slide in the draft, he might not even be the 2nd CB taken.
  13. newlander

newlander Well-Known Member

8,206 Messages
    123 Likes Received
    ...he isn't on our board at #9.....I refuse to believe it. Nice player, but NOT a top 10 pick. Heck, probably not a top 20 pick for that matter.:rolleyes:
  14. Cowboy Junkie

Cowboy Junkie leonargized

2,512 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree and I think Jimmy Smith ends up the 2nd CB taken in the draft
  15. BigWillie

BigWillie Well-Known Member

1,665 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    Two things ..

A) He's listed at 6'1 205lbs according to Huskers.com and the Husker media guide. So you are correct in saying that schools tend to lie about numbers. Which leads me to ..

B) The height and weight I listed are the spring testing numbers at Nebraska and are not identical to the listed height and weight by the school. Further, Nebraska conducts their spring testing to get the true height/weight of each player after winter conditioning is done. They also test to see where conditioning has put them in areas such as the short-shuttle, vert, 10 yard dash, lifting (3 rep max), etc. The only thing Nebraska does not do during spring testing is the 40, only because the S&C coach sees it as being pointless.

If you would like some of the testing numbers --

VJ: 41
    SS: 4.26
    10 yard: 1.47
  16. AKATheRake

AKATheRake Well-Known Member

3,497 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    How is this even a debate?

Like duh gets responses around here.

I'm contributing knowing it.
  17. burntricersx

burntricersx Member

506 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    And in other news....

PP and Prince both surprising project better to FS which sounds like a decent cause for concern. If that's the case, I wouldn't want either one of them at 9 especially with the depth at CB in this draft.