1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Patrick Peterson

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by LatinMind, Mar 1, 2011.

1. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

7,503 Messages
    801 Likes Received
    With players like Miller, Dareus, Quinn, Mallett, Cam having the combines that they've been having. And with the teams needs that they have. Its starting to look like Peterson might just might be available for Dallas

Carolina - alot of people think this is Bowers but Carolina needs DTs bad. Fairley or Dareus would fit in here just great.

Denver - Theyre going back to a 4-3. They have Dumerville on one side then Ayers? Bowers will fit here.

Bills - They dont know what they want to do on defense. Fitzpatrick isnt a star but he's not a bum. Cam or Mallet or Gabbert can go here. But Fairley or Miller make alot of sense. Ill say Von miller teamed with Merriman.

Cincinnati - they NEED to make Palmer happy. If they dont trade him which they wont, AJ Green

Arizona - Me i think Kolb will end up in zona this yr. Fitz wont sign unless he gets his guy. He's already said he'd like Kolb. They need OLB Quinn goes here.

Cleveland - They need DL and OLB Quinn just got picked, Fairley slipped this far and no further. Browns got a steal.

Niners - This is the spot that Peterson could but unless the Niners are willing to go another yr with Alex Smith i dont think so. Suprise pick to some but on Harbaughs short leash Ryan Mallet goes here. Most complete QB

Tennessee - Bud Adams loved Vince Young but he's gone, and the next QB to go is Cam Newton.

DALLAS COWBOYS Patrick Peterson is drafted to play FS.

I myself wouldnt be suprised to see it fall like this. I know guys like Mallett and Newton grade lower in player rankings. But they play the top spot in the NFL. IMO thats enough for teams in real need of a qb to pass over Peterson.
  2. TheSport78

TheSport78 The Excellence of Execution

8,401 Messages
    373 Likes Received
    In a perfect world, that would be awesome. I'll say this, if PP falls to #6 or even #7, the Cowboys would trade up.
  3. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

7,503 Messages
    801 Likes Received
    I dont think they;d need to. Niners and Titans need QBs bad. Cleveland wouldnt pass on Fairley.
  4. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    well find out after his 40 today :D
  5. dcboy

dcboy Member

176 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wish you were right, but I don't see it happening. Corner is too important of a position, and Peterson is too good for him to be there at 9.
  6. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

40,176 Messages
    767 Likes Received
    Peterson coming in at 219 will make some back off of him at CB.
  7. TD-33

TD-33 Benched

2,542 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    so might the fact that the 6'2" 222lb. monster that runs a 4.2 40 may only be a 6' 219lb 4.4ish cb.
  8. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

1,352 Messages
    201 Likes Received
    Anything can (and usually does) happen in the draft. I'll have to see Peterson become available to us to actually believe it . . . I think that'd be just about equally as fortunate as getting Bryant last year. We'll see. There's no doubt it'll be ample cause for celebration if it happens, though.
  9. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

7,503 Messages
    801 Likes Received
    IM on the boat. I think this guy will be available at 9. More due to other teams needs and what some players did at the combine. With defenses switching to 4-3's like denver and teams needing DL and this being a deep DL draft and then add the QBs at the combine and the need for QBs by teams and not to mention 2 OLBers for a 3-4 def who killed it during the combine. Peterson 9 to Dallas but i think he's Dallas' FS. Reed/Palomalu type safety
  10. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    The 49ers defensive backfield is in shambles. If you think they would pass on Patrick Peterson your crazy. On top of that there has been no other team shadowing Peterson more then the Browns.

Forcing Ryan Mallet to the 49ers to get Peterson to drop is dreaming.

John Fox has stated over and over again he believes he is set at DE. If anything the Broncos look DT over DE but again, another place in need of DB help.

There is no dream scenario any one can dream up with that makes any sense that has Peterson going to Dallas unless it involves the Cowboys trading up.
  11. CanuckCowboysFan

CanuckCowboysFan Benched

2,023 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This post really cracked me up. Where do I start?

Anyone who thinks Peterson will be there at 9, please, either lay off the acid or stop dreaming. You people are purposely mocking other players to teams to magically leave Peterson at 9. It doesn't work like that. There is a 0% chance Peterson falls to 9. 0, especially after what he ran today.

All the teams from 1-8 could realistically pick him. Carolina is set on the line and Richard Marshall is probably gone. They need help all over. Denver even after signing Bailey don't need Peterson, but they could use him on the other side. Buffalo is the least likely to select him, but McGee is getting old and Mckelvin isn't a world beater. Cincy is losing Jonathan Joseph. They have nobody to replace him. Arizona is in dire need of corner help. McFadden? That's a joke. They could select Miller though. Cleveland are high on PP. Him+Haden would give them the best tandem 2 years from now. SF has the worst secondary in the league. Clements is moving to safety.

NO WAY does he fall at 9.

Secondly, where do you come up with " he's a Polamalu\Reed type safety. He has not played a single snap of safety in his life. For all we know that could be an utter fail. The two positions are two different animals and take two different skill sets. To say something like that is just ********.
  12. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,714 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    Yea the teams picking in the top 10 have a lot of needs, they kind of suck. But he should get by half of them.

And why are you calling someone ******** for being high on a highly regarded prospect? I didnt see you say someone saying that is ******** when Hostile said PP can be a once in a generation talent
  13. CanuckCowboysFan

CanuckCowboysFan Benched

2,023 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Learn to read, I never called him ********.

Secondly, if I'm not mistaken he wants Peterson at CB and thinks he can be a special talent there, not safety.

Thirdly, I don't care who posts what. I have the same responses towards everybody. *** does that even mean?

Lastly, your last sentence makes no sense. You should touch that up.
  14. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,714 Messages
    32 Likes Received
    It means you act like a pecker and its just the draft. Calm down, its annoying to read.
  15. CanuckCowboysFan

CanuckCowboysFan Benched

2,023 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    1) No I don't
    2) it's not just the draft
    3) PEACCCCCEE
  16. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    No chance that 8 teams pass on a 220 pound corner who runs a 4.32 40 and was the consensus best defensive player in college football last season
  17. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Meh, let one of those other teams enjoy Patrick Peterson for the next 10 years.

I for one am going to relish our Week 17 victory over the Eagles' second and third-string players for the next decade!

:cool:
  18. sonnyboy

sonnyboy Benched

7,355 Messages
    0 Likes Received

KILLJOY!
  19. Avery

Avery The Dog that Saved Charleston

7,710 Messages
    251 Likes Received
    I think Fairley would have something to say about that, but I agree he's unattainable at #9.
  20. sonnyboy

sonnyboy Benched

7,355 Messages
    0 Likes Received

You and SDogo are right. But think back to just last year and answer this question honestly. Could you realistically mock Dez Bryant down to 24?

Stranger things have happened.

Top 10 picks are scrutinized to hell and back. It's such a valuable resource and the money paid is so large, you almost have to selct a player who fills a significant need.

Lets say half the top 8 just can't justify selecting a DB over other players availible who fill more pressing needs and the other half have legit questions about him as a CB.
    Perhaps they feel his game translates better to FS and don't want to spend a top 8 pick on a player who'll be changing positions.

Perfectly legit rational on why he could slip to 9. And if that happened I'd be all over him as our new FS.