1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Patriots Sign WR Danny Amendola

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by IAmLegend, Mar 13, 2013.

1. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,499 Messages
    408 Likes Received
    Eric Walden and Danny Amendola would have helped this franchise over the last several years but the GM cut them....while he was at it he took two 1st round busts Jonesin' for a RB....and the beat goes on...out of time.
  2. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    With Beasly, not Coale, you have to have enough separation and throw the ball lower. Welker seems to use his body in a way that frees up his open zone and makes an easier target for a short guy than Beasly does. We'll see. There are things he can do, like watch Welker's game, to correct that though.
  3. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,533 Messages
    395 Likes Received
    No no, the Patriots and Belichick did it so it is a contract of genius.
  4. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,790 Messages
    1,180 Likes Received
    Amendola was actually on the Cowboys practice squad and because of a stupid nfl loophole he was able to join the eagles practice squad since they made the playoffs and the Cowboys didn't. Jerry had no control over that situation and it was or still is a crappy loophole/rule. Erik Walden flat sucks and has no business starting at OLB in a 3-4. He'll get you a whopping 3 sacks a season on the weak side.
  5. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Welker is a stud, but Brady is like Romo. He makes everyone look better than they really are. We'll see. I think both "sides" in that debate have a point. But I'd say Welker is the real deal.
  6. speedkilz88

20,790 Messages
    1,180 Likes Received
    With Manning throwing to him he doesn't have any excuses.
  7. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,257 Messages
    7,031 Likes Received
    Letting go of both was probably a mistake, but both of those guys got a lot better over time, too.
  8. CanadianCowboysFan

CanadianCowboysFan Lightning Rod

15,533 Messages
    395 Likes Received
    What is with the Patriots and the 1980s Celtics receiving corps?
  9. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,531 Messages
    2,217 Likes Received
    Goot pickup for them.

I mentioned it a week ago albeit half heartedly.

Only concern I would have about Amendola is the injury. The guy can play.

People who are calling him a backup caliber player are shorting him a great bit.

He caught 85 balls 2 years ago and even with extensive time missed he was over 60 this year. That's with Sam Bradford or whoever the Rams were fielding at the time.

I think it's a good move for the Patriots.
  10. IAmLegend

IAmLegend Well-Known Member

3,979 Messages
    1,207 Likes Received
    Yea meant to post this in Fan Zone obviously. Whoops.
  11. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,499 Messages
    408 Likes Received

Walden would have also made the STs that much better.

Besides it's the little things that kill, the GM has to be able to split hairs and put the team into the best position possible to win, which means depth. When even years later cut names start coming up signed in Free Agency it's obvious this team is simply not ran well, especially from the in house evaluation perspective. WHich is when you KNOW that you REALLY have a problem.

They can't even evaluate in house talent....not being able to evaluate your own says everything about the state of the Dallas Cowboys Franchise
  12. jjktkk

jjktkk Active Member

1,665 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Coale is 6'0". Did you mean Cole Beasley? Anyway, along with Harris, Beasley, and Coale, you have three solid slot receiver candidates. I'm looking forward to seeing these 3 develop.
  13. speedkilz88

20,790 Messages
    1,180 Likes Received
    The year they cut Walden there really wasn't any room for him to sit. They tried to put him on the practice squad. He was only a 7th and the team that claimed him eventually gave up on him. GB got him a lot later on. I think he went through both KC and Miami.
  14. Bluestang

Bluestang Well-Known Member

5,530 Messages
    722 Likes Received
    Even with 5 missed games Welker still out performed Amendola. Everyone likes to point out the 15 drops Wes had but he was also targeted 191 times by Brady.

It would make sense if Welker signed with the Broncos for more money but the fact is that the two have very similar contracts that average the same money over the life of the deal.

Where is the upgrade? Age? Younger is not always better and Amendola has been hurt the last two years.
  15. TheRat

TheRat The Silly Willy

1,899 Messages
    33 Likes Received
    The only way to settle this is for someone to post pictures with their shirts off.
  16. jjktkk

jjktkk Active Member

1,665 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Both players, are on their 3rd team, but don't let me get in the way of your Jerry bashing. Have you tried the new Jerry voodoo doll yet?
  17. DanteEXT

DanteEXT Well-Known Member

1,823 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    Jimmy Smith could have helped in the 90's. It happens. To all teams I would bet.
  18. rat2k8

rat2k8 Active Member

683 Messages
    182 Likes Received
    I was one of them. Thought he had great potential. What a bone head organization we have to have cut this guy. If he stays healthy he will light it up for the Pats.
  19. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,401 Messages
    323 Likes Received
    Welker was just pissed and ready to move on....word is he turned down a larger offer from NE over the summer than he just signed.

As for Amendola, younger guys get the money.
  20. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Im still rueing..

:(